Quickie Trip 8/24

deb

I wanted to get to KI in time to see the WindSeeker announcement, but other people try to control our lives... so it was WAY late before we got there.

We finally go to KI at around 5:30. Yes, 5:30 on a day that they close at 8. I was disappointed, figuring I'd only get to ride a couple of coasters and then that'd be it. I couldn't have been more wrong!

I had Tom with me(my new love), he's from Tennessee, and has only heard about KI through me, so there was a lot of hype for it to live up to(and I think it did).

Utilizing the start on one side and work your way around method, we started with Diamondback. It was walk on. Great smooth ride, and the weather was great. Since we were thinking we were short on time, we went to The Beast next. It too was walk-on. We were on and off in about 8 minutes, and heading for BLSC. It too was walk on, and Tom liked the launch. From there, we went to Vortex, also a walk-on, and got a great ride in 5-1, and I'm glad Tom enjoyed it, as we didn't have the headbanging you get from other seats.

We went on around Coney Mall, and next was Firehawk, which surprisingly was also walk-on... We waited on train because I wanted to be on one of the ends(I like the loop when you are on the ends because you can see the other end of the train!). Tom liked it, thought it was very interesting. From there we had a walk-on onto Flight of Fear. We got in, sat down, and strapped in. That's when I told Tom that it went upside down. He looked at me, and said: "But there's nothing to hold us in!" I laughed, and told him we'd be fine, but I believe he was unprepared for the total darkness of FoF. The ride was fantastic, although the mid-brake was a full stop. We got off FoF and walked up to Racer, running only the red train, and waited a train to get the front seat. After Racer, we walked around to Adventure Express(which I had completely forgotten in my schpiel about the coasters to Tom), and also was a walk-on. We then took the 8,000 mile trek back to Top.. Flight Deck, and waited one train because I REFUSE to ride my favorite coaster anywhere but the front seat. The only coaster we hadn't rode was Invertigo, and it was last in the work my way around method. We got in line, and decided we'd go forward first(I hate that dangling feeling when you go backward first, just before the second drop), and when we got off, Tom was a little disoriented.. Apparently the forces had popped a joint in his neck.. but he's ok. We checked the time, it was about 10 mins until 8. So we bee-lined for Diamondback, because I wanted Tom to get the 100% air feeling of being in the very back seat. We were walking up the steps when the ops said they would only be sending two more trains, making our train the last of the night(I've never gotten the final train on ANY ride, ever, so I'm still excited!). We got in line and I recognized Adam, and then there were a couple of other KICers.. markhudson(iirc...) and pkiboy possibly? I spoke to everyone after the ride and then we headed home.

Great quick trip after all, even though I thought I wasn't going to get to ride everything. And it was great meeting some other KICers!

deb

ride count:

DB:2

Beast:1

Vortex:1

BLSC:1

Racer:1

Firehawk:1

FoF:1

AE:1

Invertigo:1

FD:1

(not too shabby for 2.5 hours!)

I was really happy we got so many rides in too, and we're going to go back soon, and of course for the Haunt. On the way home, I asked Tom what ride he thought was the most rough(excluding Invertigo because I already knew it jogged his head) and his answer was Adventure Express. We had ridden an Arrow Mine Train at Six Flags St Louis, and it wasn't as rough as AE. I found it great that he didn't find the woodies rough like many!

deb