KI TR 8/26/10

jdawg1998

What's the advantage of me starting school so late? Being able to go to Kings Island with no crowds. Me, my mom, my sister, and my grandparents all went to Kings Island at 9:30 and got there at 10. My grandparents took my sister to ride Planet Snoopy rides, while my ride warrior mom rode everything else with me.

It was scary looking there. It was like a ghost town! We first walked to Diamondback and walked right to the gates. There was an empty seat so we just walked right onto it. This was my first time putting my hands up on the whole ride. I've always had trouble doing it on the drop. My mom is still amazed at how awesome it is. We met up with my grandparents and sister and rode BBoBH. I got the best score out of the family. 700. Still not the best though. I felt like riding The Beast, even though I think it's really boring (I know, I'm weird), and that was another three minute wait. My mom didn't want to ride because she hates wooden coasters. After that, we headed to Action Zone. She rode Delirium with me (four minute wait) then I rode Drop Tower on my own (no wait). Next I rode Invertigo on my own once again, which was a fifteen minute wait. Typical low capacity.

It was only two hours into the day and we had ridden tons of rides. I then wanted to ride Vortex, and since there were no lines, tried out the magic seat (5, 1). That was awesome! Airtime and no headbanging (except for some little bangs) and it was just smooth. My mom didn't ride it with me, but when I got off she said she wanted to ride it. So she rode in the magic seat and loved it. But wait...there's more! Since it's right there, we rode Spongebob 3D. It's actually an intense little ride. Spongebob is getting really old though.

But wait....there's even more! Next was eating time. We ate at Jukebox Diner, which was OK. Later on it didn't agree with my stomach......anyways, we rode Flight of Fear (ten minute wait), and finally we took a nice little break. Then, we went back over to Action Zone and rode Flight Deck (three minute wait). I did not want to leave! So I rode Diamondback two more times. It was surprisingly getting hot, so we rode White Water Canyon and got drenched.

This was the best day at KI ever!

Diamondback x2

Vortex x2

Delirium, Drop Tower, Invertigo, Flight Deck, Flight of Fear, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Spongebob 3D, White Water Canyon, The Beast

This is the last week of daily operation which to me signals the end of the summer sadly. Tomorrow the park is open until 10 so those of you going will have a little more time to enjoy the park. Glad you had a good day, KI's twitter said it was empty today as well. Hard to believe that Haunt is right around the corner, then it's closing time.

I too made a quick visit to the park this evening after work. I arrived shortly before six. And in two hours, I rode Diamondback six times, with one trip on Beast, Vortex, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Racer, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express and Drop Tower. Not bad for just over two hours in the park.

Oddly enough, I did not see one piece of promotional material advertising WindSeeker!