2012 Gold Passes for $69.99 this fall

jcgoble3

And we're only going on history. Just because it has happened in the past, doesn't mean that it will happen again. My recommendation, if you can afford it now, and you know you are going to get a gold pass, just get it now. You'll save yourself quite a bit of money.

^ (jmceowen)

Last year, they stopped selling them for $69.99 when Kings Island closed for the 2010 season. I went during Haunt and still have the Howl-O-Fest & Haunt Park Maps that state that that price was good "until October 31st", when Kings Island closed for that season.

And wow, you guys are fast...

More details:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/goldpass/faq.cfm

Key points:

—$69.99 price valid through October 30

—A processed 2012 Gold Pass will be valid for one free visit this fall

Also, see http://tickets.visitkingsisland.com/shop/shopping_season_pass.cfm

—Adult Platinum Passes available for $149 renewal or $159 new purchase

I can happily report I am a first time season pass holder now; bought the passes today. I feel a season pass for $69.99 with free parking is too good to pass up. Plus, I am very much looking forward to visiting during Halloween Haunt this year; I've never been.

Any tips or suggestions for the new pass holder? Or for the first time Halloween Haunt visitor? Thanks.

They probably say that because it's typically in the passholder's best interest to process it this year so they don't have to wait in the huge line next year.

Made that mistake this year and I'm glad I just have to renew mine for next year online.

The FAQ didnt make sense, it makes it sound like you have to do it this year, and in other parts it says you dont, and I was way lost.

I didn't process mine this year until the first weekend the park was open. If you wait you may have to wait in a looooong line to get it. If you have any doubts your best bet would be to call the park and ask them personally so they can clear up the confusion.

Its interesting how KI always advertises the Gold pass but is completely silent about the Platinum pass while CP seems to push the Platinum pass real hard. I guess its because you have more people at CP who like to travel to different parks.

Yep! I was surprised when my friend said her Cedar Point pass didn't get her free parking, but its because they only have two options - the bare bones pass that just includes admission, or the Platinum Pass. And since Cedar Point is the "crown jewel" of the parks, getting into little dinky parks like Michigan's Adventure and Kings Island doesn't come across as as much of a benefit, so they push the Platinum Pass there for the ERT, parking, discounts, Soak City, etc. more than anything else.

It essentially is their gold pass, just more expensive and if you want to visit their other parks, you can.

http://www.visitking...mission/passes/

Details are now on the official website at the link above. Additionally, it appears you can now renew current Gold passes (but not regular/Platinum passes or new purchases) online. I haven't tried to renew mine yet since I won't have the money to do so until next month, but apparently you can do so without having to get a new card or possibly without even having to go to the park. Interesting...

I renewed mine online last year with no problems. It's funny, because if we keep doing this year after year (and never getting new cards/reprocessing), I think they'll start looking at my son funny because he originally got his photo for the pass when he was 4. lol

To be fair, Dorney's regular level season pass, which includes parking, costs far more than Kings Island's gold pass...

But yet a one day ticket at Cedar Point is 40 bucks and a one day at Kings Dominion is 52.99.............

If you buy a ticket to Kings Dominion through their website and at least three days in advance, it costs $39.99. If not two days in advance, it's $48.99. A two-day ticket is $61.99, which is about $31 a day.

Comparably, if you pick-the-date of your ticket when you purchase an online ticket for Cedar Point, it's $37.99. Regular one day admission is $49.99. And a two-day ticket is $69.99, or about $35 per day.

Kings Island, meanwhile is $35.99 for one day if purchased online, $52.99 for regular one day admission, and $52.99 for two-day admission (or about $27 per day)

KD : CP : KI

Advance:/.$39.99 : $37.99 : $35.99

Regular: ..$48.99 : $49.99 : $52.99

2-Day: .....$61.99 : $69.99 : $52.99

If we buy online tickets to go to the park tomorrow, can we wait until the end of the day and apply our ticket price toward getting a 2012 gold pass? We would like to make sure that we think we would go before buying a pass. I haven't been to KI in probably 15 years so I'm not really familiar with the park anymore. We have three little kids...ages 1, 3, and 5.

Welcome to KICentral Mommy2three. I have seen them offer that type of trade in of that days ticket to be applied to a season pass but do not know for sure if they are doing that now. You can visit Guests Relations tomorrow before you enter to make certain. Kings Island has a great Children's area and I just know you are going to love it enough to want to return. Make sure you take your camera!!!!

Might I add you read through another KIC thread "first time visitor question about going to Kings Island with a five year old". It was posted earlier in the season, lots of great advice there http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24323