2012 Gold Passes for $69.99 this fall

jcgoble3

Can I buy 2011 golds for $69.99 now, and pay the difference to upgrade to platinum later (as we will definitely be going to CP next summer at least two days)?

A couple of notes:

• To Upgrade in the past has required you to pay the difference between the CURRENT (at time of upgrade) Platinum Pass price and the price you paid for your existing Pass.
  • If you are only going to go to CP for 2 days in addition to KI, it may not be worth upgrading from this Gold Pass price, especially if you might stay at an on-site property at CP (parking fee waived) or if you would only be using a Starlight admission for one of your days at CP.

I have a platinum pass this year, am thinking of downgrading to just gold next year. How would this promo effect me if decided to renew as a gold pass holder now rather than wait until after the season? Hate to miss out on that good of price though with Reds making the playoffs my budget looks as if my money for Sept will goto the Reds. Also if I do renew the Platinum will they issue a new card/pass or just extend the date on the current card since there is no date physically on the card?

I wouldn't have the slightest idea...but I know my "new" card was issued to me as I was told it would work at other parks without problem. My experience does not confirm that.

Terpy, trying to be nice, but remembering that on Friday, in late August, his Kings Island Platinum Pass finally worked flawlessly at Dorney Park

I am trying valiantly to remember ever having any problem with a Six Flags season pass...and can't.

But then, nearly every year at Six Flags over Georgia, I have issues with a parking pass. That won't be an issue next year, apparently...as it will not be honored unless it came from there.

Some times, one must be careful what one wishes for!

I too was given a new Platinum Pass for 2010 that worked fine the first day at Carowinds, and did not work the second day at Carowinds (on opening weekend at Carowinds).

I did read I believe on Carowinds website that if you are renewing to the same type of pass for 2011, that you will be able to renew online and use your same card again. Although, that is assuming their systems don`t have any issues, like they did at the beginning of this season.

Cedar Fair apparently thinks it's just peachy to put things only on Facebook...and that this will somehow make Facebook users feel special and give them undying loyalty.

Wonder how'd they feel if ONLY Facebook users bought passes and tickets?

They need to understand that it is important to reach users where they are, not just where they'd like them to be.

Later, they will doubtless do this, but Facebook should not be the only method used to reach people...

It's the current fad of the time, and marketers like to show their bosses how in touch they are and how trendy they are making their bosses. Then it gets old.... 5@5, anyone? Park blog on the Internets, anyone? Ride Warriors, anyone?

I don't think they have announced the Platinum Pass price for renewal yet. However, if it is last year's renewal price which I think was $145, there is still a savings if you go to CP just 2 visits. A two-day ticket to CP is currently $75.99 plus $10 each for parking for a total of $95.99. Add that to the $69.99 for a Gold Pass and the total is $165.98. You still get a $20 savings if you buy the Platinum pass. Sure you can get the early ride time by staying at the resorts if you like to pay $150 plus per night for a room.

Cedar Fair apparently thinks it's just peachy to put things only on Facebook...and that this will somehow make Facebook users feel special and give them undying loyalty.

Wonder how'd they feel if ONLY Facebook users bought passes and tickets?

They need to understand that it is important to reach users where they are, not just where they'd like them to be.

Later, they will doubtless do this, but Facebook should not be the only method used to reach people...

It's the current fad of the time, and marketers like to show their bosses how in touch they are and how trendy they are making their bosses. Then it gets old.... 5@5, anyone? Park blog on the Internets, anyone? Ride Warriors, anyone?

I posted the same question on Facebook; and received a reply from someone? Don't know if they have anything to do with the park, but they say it's too early to put it on VisitKI. Very odd....

so, does a regular season pass to Kings Island gain you admission to Halloween Haunt?

According to the park's own website at this writing, it does:

http://tickets.visit...rtners_list.cfm

THERE'S NO BETTER ENTERTAINMENT VALUE THAN A 2010 Kings Island SEASON PASS!

Kids and parents will love the all-new Planet Snoopy. Teens will scream all year long on thrill rides like Diamondback and The Beast and their unlimited admission to Halloween Haunt. Grandparents can enjoy a long list of amazing live shows. Plus, our 15-acre waterpark, BOOMERANG BAY, is free for passholders and has something for everyone.

A 2010 Kings Island Season Pass is valid at Kings Island for the 2010 season and included unlimited admission to Kings Island and Boomerang Bay.

http://www.visitking...mission/passes/

Details are now on the official website at the link above. Additionally, it appears you can now renew current Gold passes (but not regular/Platinum passes or new purchases) online. I haven't tried to renew mine yet since I won't have the money to do so until next month, but apparently you can do so without having to get a new card or possibly without even having to go to the park. Interesting...

We've established that a Platinum Pass does include parking at other CF parks. Does a KI platinum include ERTs and other similar Gold Pass benefits at the other parks? If not, does anyone think it would be worthwhile to buy KI Gold + CP Gold for $170 just to get the ERTs if you plan on 6+ CP visits for the big rides? That's only $25 more than a KI Platinum, and the ERTs alone might be worth that. (There is virtually zero chance any other CF parks would be a possibility).

We've established that a Platinum Pass does include parking at other CF parks. Does a KI platinum include ERTs and other similar Gold Pass benefits at the other parks? If not, does anyone think it would be worthwhile to buy KI Gold + CP Gold for $170 just to get the ERTs if you plan on 6+ CP visits for the big rides? That's only $25 more than a KI Platinum, and the ERTs alone might be worth that. (There is virtually zero chance any other CF parks would be a possibility).

Your platinum pass gets the perks at all CF parks. CP does NOT have a gold pass, it is a regular pass or a platinum pass.

A platinum pass does include gold pass perks at all CF parks. Whether or not it actually works as far as granting you admission to the park of your choice is another story entirely...

• 11 months later...

Time to open the 2012 chapter of this thread!

http://www.facebook....242957175745448

2012 Gold Season Passes go on sale tomorrow online for just $69.99! It's the best deal on a summer of fun. Gold Season Passes will also be available to purchase at the park during public operating days in the fall, beginning this Friday.

Unlike last year's post, there's no mention of new purchases getting a one-use ticket for this year.

And see, that is where the pricing model is different for Cedar Fair compared to places like Holiday World. Admission to KI is fairly cheap. But you then pay higher prices for food once inside the park. Holiday World is the opposite pricing model.

I wonder why they don`t do passes the way Paramount used to do them. Buy a pass in the fall, and use it the rest of that year, plus all of next year. Get more people through the gates spending money on food, games and merchandise...

• Like 1

Unlike last year's post, there's no mention of new purchases getting a one-use ticket for this year.

The post also seems to indicate that you can buy the pass online regardless if you are renewing or purchasing a brand new one. Last year during the $69.99 deal, you had to go down to the park and purchase the pass if you were buying it brand new. (Trust me, I remember having to owe a co-worker a huge favor after I was able to switch him shifts so I could make it down to Haunt last year to buy my 2011 pass.)