A Great Idea!

To help organize the Other Amusement Parks and Industry News, I think it would be a great Idea to add a subforums within the forum for regional parks! Some examples are Holiday World or Cedar Point. What if I we're looking for topic specifically on Holiday World? It would help me find them easier and be more user friendly. Idk I think it wouldbe more user friendly and maybe a great idea the modderators can use in the future :)

True, but Theme Park Review has, at one time or another, discussed, posted photos of, and covered news about, pretty much every amusement park that I've ever heard of. Here, our news is mostly self-restricted to corporate matters (SFEC, Cedar Fair, SeaWorld Parks), "nearby" parks (Cedar Point, Holiday World, etc) and the occasional (and very much welcomed) trip report from "exotic" parks from around the globe. If there were dozens upon dozens of topics about dozens of theme parks, all significantly related and repetitive, I would agree that each one should get its own sub-forum. I don't think it's necessary here.

Look at IOACentral, where each park gets its own forum, which is then divided into sub-forums for each "land," and then divided again for each attraction. It's a well-visited site, but when each and every ride gets its own sub-sub-forum, it makes the discussion appear sparse, and many channels of discussion actually get overlooked - an "Introduce Yourself" sub-forum, an "Industry News," sub-forum, a "General Park Opinions" forum... Being so precise turns away those who do not want to discuss precise things (like Terpy said).

If what one wants is Theme Park Review, it's out there. If what one wants is Kings Island Central, it's here...along with Coney Island Central. Seems simple enough to me,...but then I'm a simple kind of guy. Except, of course, when I ain't.

Last I checked, TPR has lots of activities and events which generate substantial income for that site. What this place has is a few ads and a lot of dedicated people making it go. It isn't TPR. And, if it ever becomes one, I, for one, am out the door. Instantly. Not a threat, that's a promise.

And here, if you search for Holiday World, you can see titles that give you an idea of whether it is TR or advice or question or new ride information. On TPR, you have 161 pages that nobody is going to read through.

I like the setup here.

Also, I believe there might be a limit to the sub-forums available as I recall one got dropped when the meet-ups forum was added last year.