New Music

hamoperator

Are there any songs that you would like to hear during Haunt that the park currently does not play.

It does seem the park reads these post and acts on what they read from time to time.

My kids pointed out a song to me that I think would be fantastic in Carnevil; "Funhouse" by "Pink".

Ya know, I always find upbeat or nursery type songs ( I love you, you love me..etc) playing during something scary makes it even more so...it's demented lol. Take for instance, Time Is On My Side in the movie Fallen. Creepy and effective.

My favorite Halloween-themed song is the theme from the 1959 horror flick The Blob. The movie appears quite tame by today's standards, but apparently was quite scary back then.

I also like that song they played during the Great Pumpkin scene of Snoopy Rocks On Ice, but I have yet to figure out what the name of that song is or who performed it.

If it doesn't already play, the theme from "Saw" is great!

On another note, perhaps some of the many fine people on this message board can help me out. wink.gif There is a song that plays at Cedar Point during Halloweekends that I am trying to figure out what it is. I had talked to one of their sound guys but he wasn't able to help me out much. They used to play it in the Fright Zone but last year I heard it throughout the rest of the park. This probably won't be too helpful, but I'll give you my best description of it:

It has a very eerie feel to it. There are bells of some sort (probably a keyboard) playing a pattern followed by the same pattern played at a different octave (I believe it's a full octave) all over a deep bassline (organ or synth of some sort) that last the whole duration of the bell pattern.

Hope this resonates with someone! I haven't heard this song played at King's Island.

Thanks!

On another note, perhaps some of the many fine people on this message board can help me out. wink.gif There is a song that plays at Cedar Point during Halloweekends that I am trying to figure out what it is. I had talked to one of their sound guys but he wasn't able to help me out much. They used to play it in the Fright Zone but last year I heard it throughout the rest of the park. This probably won't be too helpful, but I'll give you my best description of it:

It has a very eerie feel to it. There are bells of some sort (probably a keyboard) playing a pattern followed by the same pattern played at a different octave (I believe it's a full octave) all over a deep bassline (organ or synth of some sort) that last the whole duration of the bell pattern.

Hope this resonates with someone! I haven't heard this song played at King's Island.

Thanks!

You're probably thinking of the theme from The Exorcist, which is from "Tubular Bells" by Mike Oldfield.

http://www.youtube.com/index?watch?v=O5YQmUIIjvs

Thanks!

You're probably thinking of the theme from The Exorcist, which is from "Tubular Bells" by Mike Oldfield.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=O5YQmUIIjvs

Thanks for the response! I had actually meant to put in my previous post that it is not "Tubular Bells". However, that is my favorite Halloween theme song!

I would love for them to play more Nox Arcana songs, even though they play quiet a few.

Also if anybody could help me out in finding this one song from Trail of Terror. It was played in the section right after the doll section. It was played in the section with the exploding port-o-potty. I used to work in that section, and it would bring back a lot of funny memories and inside jokes if I could fin the music. I remember one part was a girl saying "stop.no! stop. The trees are alive!!" then a male voice would go "aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh shooomba shume." LOL. That's the best way I could describe it :lol:

I agree, Gator. That song would be great! The only downside is that they'd most likely have to use the radio edit which kind of takes away from this particular song if you ask me.

I always thought that songs that are more upbeat and "heavy" really got me in the mood for Haunts. Like when I would walk through Action Zone and they'd have Rob Zombie's "Dragula" playing... I loved it. Personally I'd like to hear

"Otherworld" by Rammstein

"Bodies" by Drowning Pool

"Scream" by Avenged Sevenfold

"Waking the Demon" by Bullet For My Valentine

That's really all I've got for now. I'll post more if they come to me :P

I agree, Gator. That song would be great! The only downside is that they'd most likely have to use the radio edit which kind of takes away from this particular song if you ask me.

They would have to use the radio edit (which is the way I heard the song the first time with the offending word silenced out... but I somehow knew what went there laugh.gif ). I of course bought the "Parental Advisory" version of the cd and crank it in the car, and have the song as my ringtone.

On my way to Haunt I usually listen to Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson (and this year will add Avenged Sevenfold to that mix) to get myself in the mood.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=O5YQmUIIjvs

Thanks for the response! I had actually meant to put in my previous post that it is not "Tubular Bells". However, that is my favorite Halloween theme song!

Note that the movie theme is only a small part of "Tubular Bells". The piece is actually about 50 minutes long and came out long before the movie.

Note that the movie theme is only a small part of "Tubular Bells". The piece is actually about 50 minutes long and came out long before the movie.

I wouldn't say it came out long before the movie. Mike Oldfield's album Tubular Bells was released on May 25, 1973 and The Exorcist was released on December 26, 1973. Although I've had times where seven months seemed long, I imagine especially at the age I was when both of those were released! laugh.gif (for those wondering, that would be 5 months old and 1 year old)

Gator, a fan of Mike Oldfield, having the albums Tubular Bells, Tubular Bells II and The Songs of Distant Earth.

I have heard them playing to be what sounds like Hellbilly Deluxe, the entire album by Rob Zombie, because I have heard not only Dragula but Living Dead Girl, Demonoid Phenomenon, and Superbeast a ton over in Action Zone. Some songs I would like to see at Haunt this year would be.

I'm Your Boogieman-Rob Zombie

Sweet Dreams (Euythmics Cover)-Marilyn Manson

Hallowed Be Thy Name-Iron Maiden

Enter Sandman-Metallica

The Night-Disturbed

What Lurks On Channel X?-Rob Zombie

Your Betrayal-Bullet For My Valentine

Animal I Have Become-Three Days Grace

This probably won't be too helpful, but I'll give you my best description of it:

Thanks!

That wouldn't be the theme to the movie Halloween, would it?

This probably won't be too helpful, but I'll give you my best description of it:

Thanks!

That wouldn't be the theme to the movie Halloween, would it?

No, it's not that one either. The crazy thing is, I heard it once at Meijer through their loud speakers during Halloween time and tried to get the song name out of them but they were unable to assist. I just want to know what it is! lol laugh.gif

One of my favorite Halloweeny songs is "Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. It just has a sinister yet groovy feel to it.

"Your one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand."

The reason you are thinking of that is because it was in fact in a horror move. It was a recurring song in the Wes Craven slasher, Scream.

Is it perhaps the theme from 'Phantasm?"

Or perhaps the theme from 'Suspiria?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYq-545nkQ

Is it perhaps the theme from 'Phantasm?"

Or perhaps the theme from 'Suspiria?'

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BiYq-545nkQ

Two amazing movies... just throwing that out there.

EDIT: After thinking about it, the song that count_of_tuscany is thinking of may be the theme from the Fog