Holiday World 2011

Won't be nothing at all. They announced that they would be announcing in September the new attraction for 2011. When I spoke with Pat shortly after Will's death, she told me that the 2011 plans and budget were all done before he passed. She also said that there was no reason to deviate from the plan that Will and Dan had laid out.

I think it will be a medium to large flat ride. I still think its too early for a coaster and they added to the waterpark last year.

I don't see why, it was 5 years from Raven to Legend and 6 years from Legend to Voyage, it's been 5 years since Voyage so it could very well be one.

That being said, I think it's a flat ride not because it's too early, but because of the lack of buzz around it. If it were a coaster, the entire Enthusiast community would be a stir.

Also, Wildebeest has been considered (by Holiday World) a coaster. I doubt they'll get another one too soon... Especially with the general 5 years between coaster additions.

So I'm itching to hear your guys' opinions on this! What do you think they'll be getting this year? A coaster, a flat? Or maybe even nothing at all?

Also see: http://www.KICentral...=1entry381191

That being said, I think it's a flat ride not because it's too early, but because of the lack of buzz around it. If it were a coaster, the entire Enthusiast community would be a stir.

Also, there haven't been any pictures of clearing (that I've seen) that would hint to a new coaster.

Does anyone else find the walk from the entance of the park to the end of Thanksgiving very long? Imagine if the expanded farther into the woods behind Voyage? That could be excrusiating. I honestly hope they expand farther into another section of the park than Thanksgiving. I know that its probably the easiest way to expand, but maybe not the most efficent. I think that there may be a way to expand out to Lake Rudolph from Halloween. Maybe taking out the dive show and putting in a path and building onward. I think it would be great i there was a way for Holiday World to get some rides along the lakeside. It may just may be me rambling random dreams of mine, but who knows. Maybe it could work.

My hopes have officially been extinguished..

This was posted on Holiday Worlds Twitter about 2 hours ago.

babytoolkit: @HolidayWorld Thanks for some great Labor Day weekend family time. Holidog's FunTown is the best idea for families with little kids!

HolidayWorld: @babytoolkit In that case ... I think you'll *really* like what we're adding for 2011! :0) #HW

Actually, I really believe a new kids attraction of some sort would be really good for Holiday World, especially for families with small children.

Look at it; they're competing with Kings Island; home of one of the best (if not the best) kids areas in the nation, and Six Flags St. Louis; while they may not have one of the best areas in the world, they do have a much bigger kids' area than Holiday World does.

Also, we have to remember that Holiday World appeals to families, not just thrill seekers. Honestly, when was the last time the little kids got something big?