CP website layout change?

Interesting......

I just visited the CP mainsite, and if i'm not mistaken, the layout has been significantly changed. It is kind of funny how they changed CP's site after they finally got around to reconstructing most of the other park's sites to the previous format. It is nice to have a new layout, but right after the new park sites were put up?

Haha! Wow. I mean, it's the same basic premise, just sort of "streamlined."

But really, it's time to get the ball rolling. They're so eager to unify their parks in ways that people display resistance to (Snoopy, removing effects, etc) but when it comes to actual things that help save money & attract visitors on a corporate level (websites, season pass systems, computer updates) it's all ignored.

So now we've got some old Paramount-style sites, some old Cedar-Point style sites, a new Cedar Point site, and some mismatched legacy Cedar Fair sites. Some parks have VIP passes, some have silver, some have value, and some have season... Some parks simply don't update and synchronize with other parks computers, making season passes inactive. But at least we all get Planet Snoopys! :rolleyes:

I'm pretty pleased with the website itself, actually. It's navigation isn't confusing and is very aesthetically pleasing. Whoever the graphic designer(s) was/were did a good job with this site!

It is interesting that they would create a new website layout a few months after releasing new websites for many of the parks. It makes me wonder if this will eventually be the layout for the rest of the websites or not.

I'm pretty pleased with the website itself, actually. It's navigation isn't confusing and is very aesthetically pleasing. Whoever the graphic designer(s) was/were did a good job with this site!

It is interesting that they would create a new website layout a few months after releasing new websites for many of the parks. It makes me wonder if this will eventually be the layout for the rest of the websites or not.

Give it another 4 years. laugh.gif

........if CF is even in charge at that time.

It's not bad, but there's an error on their main page. I says on there that the date for Pointfest is Sept. 19th. I got excited for a moment because I had seen previously that it was on the 18th, one of the days I would be there, and I thought if it was switched to the 19th that would be less people for my visit. I went to the Events page, and it is listed on there as the 18th. Oh well, I went on that day last year and it wasn't too bad.

This is just further proof that "consistency" isn't in Cedar Fair's vocabulary.

A great example would be the difference in websites between KI and Canada's Wonderland.

Canada's Wonderland, despite having a market that includes the largest metro area in Canada, still has an old Paramount-style website.

KI's website was at one time consistent with that of CP and most other CF parks, and still is for the most part.

You can purchase or renew platinum passes through CW's website, but not through KI's.