Kings Island's next coaster

McSalsa

There has been a good bit of a debate over "what kind of coaster should KI get next?". And thus, after looking over the Coasterforce "types of roller coasters" page, I have chosen to create...this poll!

After eliminating types of coasters we already have and thus probably don't need (tragically this kills the B&M floorless since it falls under the same "class" as Vortex by coasterforce's standards), and also eliminating stuff that wouldn't stand a chance (Wild Mouses and stuff) here, I found 10 types of roller coasters we do not yet have at Kings Island. For descriptions and pictures of each type, here is the page:

http://www.coasterfo..._Roller_Coaster

There is also an option for "Other", just in case you can think of a type of coaster NOT listed above or want something like a wild mouse. Also, since coasterforce doesn't have descriptions for the types of woodies, I will do that:

Wooden Twister Coaster

wildcathplayout.gif

A wooden coaster that "Twists" around like a tornado. The above picture, of Hersheypark's Wildcat, is a good example. These coasters usually don't take up much space and resemble the "classic horror woodies" of the 1920s.

Dueling Wooden Coaster

Picture+25.png

A pair of wooden coasters that "duel" each other at various points along the track and may or may not race. Shown is the infamous Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa.

Plug N' Play Wooden Coaster

ElToro.jpg

This type of wooden coaster is built from pre-fabricated track and thus is very, very smooth. Plug N' Play wooden coasters are usually very highly ranked wherever they are installed and due to their smoothness, they can go to extreme heights without beating the tar out of their riders. Shown is El Toro @ Six Flags Great Adventure.

OK, with that behind us, enjoy the poll, and make your choice. If you dislike...click back.;)

PS: There is another type of woodie, the Moebius, that KI does not have but they are a bit too similar to the Racing woodies...which we already have one of.

PS 2: Have decided to add B&M Floorless and Giga Coaster as options even though we already have Diamondback and Vortex.

Oh, and just for those who are curious, here's what KI already has:

Diamondback- Hypercoaster (B&M Style)

The Beast- Wooden Terrain Coaster

Son of Beast- Wooden Hyper-Looping Coaster (Loop Removed Though)

Firehawk- Flying Coaster (Vekoma Style)

Vortex- Mega Looping Coaster (Arrow Style)

Flight of Fear- LIM Launched "Bowl" Coaster

Racer- Out & Back Wooden Racing Coaster (Covers 2 Types)

Flight Deck- Suspended Swinging Coaster (unlisted on Coasterforce...)

Invertigo- Inverted Boomerang Coaster

Adventure Express- Traditional "Tube Track" Steel Coaster (Mine Train Style)

Backlot Stunt Coaster- LIM Launched Steel Family Coaster

Woodstock Express- Junior Wooden Coaster

Flying Ace- Junior Inverted Coaster

Great Pumpkin Coaster- Junior Steel Mini Coaster

I had to come up with some of the types since Coasterforce doesn't list all of them!

I agree with Indyguy. A plug n' play would be awesome, but only if they removed SOB (I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I HATE not knowing what is going to happen to it.) If SOB was renovated, I would really like to see a gigacoaster, but I fear that Kings Island is too close to the airport. I'm not sure which thread it was posted in, but I remember one posters stating that KI couldn't build a stratacoaster due to the airspace.

I agree with Indyguy. A plug n' play would be awesome, but only if they removed SOB (I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I HATE not knowing what is going to happen to it.) If SOB was renovated, I would really like to see a gigacoaster, but I fear that Kings Island is too close to the airport. I'm not sure which thread it was posted in, but I remember one posters stating that KI couldn't build a stratacoaster due to the airspace.

That was more in relation to a general height requirement, I believe - one that supposedly wouldn't allow room for a strata-coaster. Drop Zone is taller than both Millennium Force & Intimidator 305, so I doubt a giga-coaster would be an issue.

Deuling coasters usually do not have the same track pattern, nor a mirror image of it. Instead they go at each other at various points, like Twisted Sisters lka Twisted Twins did...

...In 1998, under new management of Six Flags, in June, the park opens up a brand new dueling CCI wooden roller coaster. Twisted Sisters (now known as Twisted Twins) opened up in June 1998 as the world’s first dueling wooden coaster. Originally called Double Trouble, Twisted Sisters had a unique and twisted layout in which trains dashed past each other a few times during the ride’s course. One day after Twisted Sisters opened up to the public, the park becomes Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. June 21st, 1998 was the day the Six Flags banner was added to the park’s name and brings a new era into the park’s history...

http://www.coaster-n...n=display&id=46

Racer is not a dueling coaster...it is a twin racing coaster.

Then you have Rolling Thunder, with totally different track sides, but it does not duel...

Why no mouse? I personally think a spinning wild mouse (similar to that of Spinning Dragons) in the area occupied by Starlight, spanning the midway would be great!

But, if I had to choose.....probably a B&M inverted where Flight Deck is or a GCI twisted where Thunder Alley is. Maybe a TGG in X Base that goes out into the woods like Voyage? Or a B&M floorless in Action Zone? The possibilities are limitless.

As much as I would like a B&M Invert... I went with Plug n' Play because I want SOB to be replaced with something smooth and extreme... if it's replaced. God I hope it is... I think the ride is beyond the point where we can make it smooth again.

After SOB is taken care of I'd love a B&M invert or a launched intamin ride to replace Back lot stunt track.

i went with a giga, though it will never happen. under Cedar Fair and being in Ohio, we will always be the red-headed step child. our new rides will always fall short of CP. i like wooden coasters and i believe that SOB will re-open. Beast had better get some tlc before it becomes the next target of a lawsuit crazed rider. it is past the point of unbearable.

Beast had better get some tlc before it becomes the next target of a lawsuit crazed rider. it is past the point of unbearable.

Which makes your username especially interesting. :blink:

Pretty much any B&M or Intamin coaster would be a hot commodity at this point. For B&M, the biggest likelihood would probably be a Dive Machine since that's what they're producing nowadays, maybe even one of the new X-Raptor things like Gardaland is getting. Of course, on that note, I would be thrilled to get the United State's first Intamin Wing-Rider. For those unfamiliar, it's essentially the same seating as Six Flags Magic Mountain's X2, but the seats do not rotate. Maybe it's Port Aventura's beautiful setting, but the ride looks so tranquil and impressive. It's launched, but interestingly, there's very, very little elevation change through the ride... Like, fourty feet or something, I believe? It's all very low to the ground, sweeping motions and one inversion that looks so smooth and incredible, I'd kill to try it out.

Not sure where it would go since we don't have many open, beautifully landscaped areas the way Port Aventura does, but it's a beautiful ride. Out in the "savannah" behind Son of Beast, it could be themed to a lion or something.

i went with a giga, though it will never happen. under Cedar Fair and being in Ohio, we will always be the red-headed step child. our new rides will always fall short of CP....

Case in point:

WindSeeker at Cedar Point is taller, grander, cost far more money and is in every way superior to that to be installed at Kings Island.

Oh, wait...

What was your point again?

• 2 months later...

i went with a giga, though it will never happen. under Cedar Fair and being in Ohio, we will always be the red-headed step child. our new rides will always fall short of CP....

Case in point:

WindSeeker at Cedar Point is taller, grander, cost far more money and is in every way superior to that to be installed at Kings Island.

Oh, wait...

WindSeeker is not a coaster. just a mass produced gimmick.

I would love a ride similar to Maverick for Kings Island's 40th. Could make use of the terrain, and maybe go out into the woods. I LOVED Maverick, it was my favorite ride at Cedar Point (yes I rode in the front seat, totally worth it), and think something like that would make a great addition to Kings Island.

A Giga Coaster would be nice too. ;)

Case in point:

Oh, wait...

You also neglected to mention Timmy 305, which some people declare to be better than Millie in some aspects (just don't tell Giga that!)...