Trip Report 9/4

Carrollton

It is just not worth coming to Kings Island anymore. Kings Island is the most crowded amusement park, and they purposely mask the wait times on rides.

Our eight hour day consisted of 7 hours of waiting in line, 50 minutes of walking, and 10 minutes of riding rides. I drove two hours to get there.

On a positive note, the weather was just great today.

I agree when you say Kings Island is the most crowded park. I have a feeling it is this summer. Last year, I could come on Saturdays and be able to get 5 rides in in 3 hours. Now, it's almost impossible to do that. I've had one day that I've gotten to ride a lot of rides. That's it.

Guest rcfreak339

It is just not worth coming to Kings Island anymore. Kings Island is the most crowded amusement park, and they purposely mask the wait times on rides.

Our eight hour day consisted of 7 hours of waiting in line, 50 minutes of walking, and 10 minutes of riding rides. I drove two hours to get there.

On a positive note, the weather was just great today.

How come? Did you not know it was going to be crowded on a Saturday during Labor Day weekend? Sorry you didnt have a good time...go on a different day a day thats not on a Saturday, a day thats not on Labor Day weekend and a day when he weather is not perfect. All of that equals to a VERY crowded day, although Iv'e seen far far worse.

Personally, I'd rather hear complaints of crowds than emptiness lol. We have traveled 5 hours one way to go to the park and get in only a few rides due to the crowds. Does that make us never want to return? Nope. We hit company and group days twice this year. The other 2 times, it was walk-on to most rides with 10 minute or less wait on the more popular. It's a risk you take when going. I'm just glad they're doing well. That is good news for all of us :) (be positive!)

It was a Saturday, and it's a three day weekend. Of course it's going to be crowded. Always avoid weekends whenever possible, and ALWAYS avoid visiting during a three day weekend.

Considering that every singe one of my visits this year have been on a weekend, the park has not been crowded at all this summer. I've gotten 8 rides in a 3 hour period. Just avoid three day weekends, July, the first half of August, and the fourth of July. The fact that the weather was nice probably made a difference, too. On days that have a 20%-30% chance of rain, the park's going to be considerably less crowded. Even more so if there's a 50% or 60% chance. Heck, even days that only call for rain for part of a day can lighten crowds up.

EDIT: Also from my experience they do NOT mask wait times. If anything, they OVERestimate the wait.