Too Loud at the Park?

http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-21/1283579131212000.xml&coll=5

At least it can be said FUN does NOT do this...

There was a time the Paramount Gate music was so loud at the admission gates that ticket takers had to scream to be heard.

Honest. That would have been during the Tim Fisher days, who wanted the music loud enough it could be heard in his office. Truly.

Whoever wrote that is an idiot...sorry. He just is. You shouldn't not like an amusement park because of how loud it is. That's dumb. He better stop complaining, and don't even bother with amusement parks if he thinks they're too loud. I don't care about anybody who disagrees with me, but I'll say it again: That's a stupid article with a stupid complaint.

:)

Viper at Six Flags Over Georgia was so loud that the Commonwealth of Kentucky demanded modifications be made to it before it could be installed as Greezed Lightnin' at Kentucky Kingdom. It was literally impossible to have any conversation in that station. I was always astounded the SFOG ride ops did not wear ear plugs. I bet some of them have some deafness caused by their summer work by now. Oddly, I do not remember it being that loud at Six Flags Great America as Tidal Wave.

Maybe the phrasing of his rant was off, but the subject matter was right on. Background audio can either kill something, or make it grand. It all depends on the "Master volume" knob (button, slider, ect.)

Tom, who has been doing pro audio now for 16 years...

There was a time the Paramount Gate music was so loud at the admission gates that ticket takers had to scream to be heard.

Ah yes, I remember those days well, being a 10 year veteran of Admissions during Paramount's reign. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger: It gave our voices a work out and taught us how to project.

Uh, wait... did somebody say something? Excuse me while I go find out, my hearing's not what it used to be... laugh.gif

At CP you can barely hear that wonderful Western music in the Maverick queue area. And it was probably because one person complained like the article writer about it being too loud and, thus, ruined it for the many of us who love that music. I say if you want quiet, go to a library.