Bare bones Haunt

CoasterKrazy

I'm surprised to see that Halloween Haunt will not include a kid-friendly option during the day, and that the park will not be open at all on Sundays. Were these attractions/days not well attended in the past? I can understand why the park won't be open on Sundays, but I thought the kids zone went over pretty well.

Howl-O-Fest

September 26 - October 31

By now you’ve heard that Kings Island has been voted the “Best Kids’ Area in the World” for nine consecutive years (2001-2009) by Amusement Today readers. But did you know in the fall Kings Island is also where the ultimate kids’ Halloween Party takes place with the immensely popular family-friendly HOWL-O-FEST?

Little ghouls and goblins absolutely love HOWL-O-FEST! There are all kinds of things for kids to do that are fun-scary, not scary-scary. HOWL-O-FEST activities include a costume parade, a giant indoor maze, a dizzying hay bale maze, mask painting, trick-or-treating and a dance party, talking pumpkin, a story-telling witch, games, food and fun.

HOWL-O-FEST takes place every Saturday and Sunday in the fall beginning September 26 thru October 31, from 12pm until 5:30pm and included FREE with park admission or season pass.

NOTE: Rides and attractions at Kings Island are open during HOWL-O-FEST, including rides throughout the Planet Snoopy kids’ area and thrill rides such as The Beast, Diamondback, Vortex, Drop Tower and Racer.

Source: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/visit/events/index.cfm?id=221