Kentucky Kingdom

...I don`t understand why people think that it is a good business decision to try and reopen the park, especially with the backing of the state of Kentucky. The Louisville market has some stiff competition with Kings Island and Holiday World short drives from the city.

...and Beech Bend, which competes while PAYING state taxes which would be used in part to fund its competitor. If I were the owner of Beech Bend, I'd be beyond livid.

Forget Beech Bend...I'M livid...

Terp, could it be your love for King's Island that is driving you to believe what you believe? I have given my reasons and shown my proof, you sir have not shown anyone your evidence. No matter how,"Spotless," your record is, facts are facts, opinions are opinions. Give me facts and my opinion will change.

Edit: Prior to posting this I had not recently loaded the page, because of that my opinion was distorted. I have decided to leave this post up for documenting purposes.

Btw, to anyone else who cares...ALWAYS trust Terpy. Never, since joining this website, have I received false information from Mr. Interpreter.

I received quite a bit of false information from MR. INTERPRETER!

but yes, Ed is a resident of Kentucky. His KKRC headquarters is about 2 miles from the park.

Terp, could it be your love for King's Island that is driving you to believe what you believe? I have given my reasons and shown my proof, you sir have not shown anyone your evidence. No matter how,"Spotless," your record is, facts are facts, opinions are opinions. Give me facts and my opinion will change.

I just posted the irrefutable facts of Mr. Hart's previous Washington state venture, which was very similar in many respects. My love for Kings Island? I think you will find, and those who know me well know this, my love is for the industry more than for any particular park or chain. And, as I have said before, I really am not trying to buy your respect. I have the respect of those for whom I work and those I work with in this industry...that's what counts. I post what I post and don't what I don't. Will this happen? That can only be answered at this point with an opinion. I have mine. You have yours. Why does mine matter to you unless you are not secure in yours? Let's watch and see...

When all is said and done, only the opinion of the Kentucky State Legislature (and/or Governor) on this matter will matter.

Btw, to anyone else who cares...ALWAYS trust Terpy. Never, since joining this website, have I received false information from Mr. Interpreter.

I received quite a bit of false information from MR. INTERPRETER!

but yes, Ed is a resident of Kentucky. His KKRC headquarters is about 2 miles from the park.

Like???

I was asking for a source not Mr.Hart's track record. I am well aware of that venture and it's outcome. It seems to me most of it's problems were caused by Six Flags. What small park owner wouldn't be scared of the world's largest theme park chain as competition? I will continue to stand by my opinion until, evidence that is revealing enough to convince me otherwise is given. You still haven't given me your source and shown no facts. If there is anyone out there on the fence concerning this issue, may I remind the readers that the lease the state will give the ,"Kentucky Kingdom Redevelopment Company,", are going to be used to fix the mistakes caused by former owner, "Six Flags," and will be applied to the purchase of new rides and refurbishment/repair of older rides, with intent to create a rise in profit for Mr. Hart, the state, and all of Kentucky's taxpayers. Studies done by the state have shown that the park can be very successful, given the correct dosage of support, leadership, and most of all funding.

Many things, before Kentucky Kingdom even closed. I didn't know this guy knew Ed Hart Personally and I didn't even know Ed lived far from louisville. The Inteperter knows where Ed lives and doesn't want to give out that information! and I also didn't know Ed would never want to open/take over/ buy Kentucky Kingdom ever again.

But fighting31irish, how many times have you been to Kentucky Kingdom?

Wow. You guys need to chill out some. Interpreter is not with holding information, but rather commenting on his opinions of the situation, and throwing in the history of Hart at other locations. And Truth Seeker, you want the Interpreter to provide facts, but you yourself stated that "Studies done by the state have shown that the park can be very successful, given the correct dosage of support, leadership, and most of all funding." What studies? Where are your links to these studies? It is a two way street. You can`t be asking one person for his facts, and calling him out for not providing facts when you don`t do the same, just because his thoughts/facts/opinions differ from your viewpoint.

Yes, I have been to Kentucky Kingdom. But that was many moons ago, before I really was into roller coasters, and before Kentucky Kingdom was even owned by Six Flags. The three coasters I rode when I went there: Vampire, Thunder Road and Roller Skater. I could have ridden Chang, and now wish I had, but I was still not big into the coaster scene then.

You, sir, can ride Chang in New Jersey next year. I'd be honored to take you there...and you can ride the mousey in New England.

No Starchaser?

Starchaser closed in 1995, if he went there when Six Flags did not own it and Chang was in attendance, he must have went in 1997, am I correct? I must say though, your post was quite hilarious.

Many things, before Kentucky Kingdom even closed. I didn't know this guy knew Ed Hart Personally and I didn't even know Ed lived far from louisville. The Inteperter knows where Ed lives and doesn't want to give out that information! and I also didn't know Ed would never want to open/take over/ buy Kentucky Kingdom ever again.

Very, Very many times...being as I have lived an hour and a half away my whole life...

I think that you would be correct, since Chang opened in 1997. I did not visit parks back then as often as I do now. The only reason I went to Kentucky Kingdom is my family had gotten ten free tickets from our next door neighbor. I still remember that we ate at a Bob Evans in Louisville on the way back to Cincinnati that evening. How I remember, that I have no clue.

Later that year, I would end up getting my first season pass to Kings Island. Back when you could purchase a pass for the following year, and use it an unlimited number of times for the remainder of that season as well.

Very, Very many times...being as I have lived an hour and a half away my whole life...

do you remember the old Kentucky Kingdom? not sixflags

And in 1998, I was at Kentucky Kingdom (the thrill park!) far, far more times than I was at Kings Island, 33 separate trips if I remember correctly.

The park had such a grand and shining future...then it decided to go after Kings Island, Kings Island responded, and Gary Story decided to put most of his attention, employees and funding into the Ohio Six Flags park...and we know how that ended.

Excuse my ability to misunderstand jokes. I am sometimes called a robot due to my, "unnatural," attitude.

What made me laugh in your post was when you said,"You can ride the mousey in New England." It was quite random and the way you worded it made it sound, to me at least, delightfully hilarious. I'm the kind of person who laughs at stories like, "The Lottery," by ,"Shirley Jackson." I have quite an odd sense of humor.

• Like 1

And in 1998, I was at Kentucky Kingdom (the thrill park!) far, far more times than I was at Kings Island, 33 separate trips if I remember correctly.

The park had such a grand and shining future...then it decided to go after Kings Island, Kings Island responded, and Gary Story decided to put most of his attention, employees and funding into the Ohio Six Flags park...and we know how that ended.

When Kentucky Kingdom became Six Flags, Six Flags didn't even go after Kings Island if you think about it.

During the conversion years, Gary Story made no secret it was his intention to go after Kings Island with Kentucky Kingdom. Kings Island rapidly responded with its Action Zone and $35 million in development over two years, the most ever spent on a single project at the time at the park. Gary then moved to go after Cedar Point's business with Six Flags Ohio.

The emotional part of me says,"no," but, and I will probably change my decision on this a thousand times but, I now agree with you, this will not pass in the legislature. In this economy and with the state of Kentucky already burdened with debt, whether or not it's a good idea it will not pass. The thought of Kentucky Kingdom being reborn and sculpted back into the gem of a park it was, overtook me. I'm sorry if I distorted anyone's views. Terpy, I am also sorry for distorting your record to the public. Even though I have only been a member of this site four around two months, I have spent hours reading years worth of posts on this site, and I conclude that you, are by far the best and most accurate ,"Interpreter," we have on this site. I thank you for your most accurate predictions.

^^laughing at "the lottery" and laughing at "you can ride the mousey in new england" are two completely different types of hilarity. :blink:

I'm aware, and I have no idea why I am like that. Is it also odd, "The Ledge," by ,"Stephen King," made me happy and even caused me too chuckle?

• Like 1

I am far from infallible. My bosses tell me that when I am right I am very, very right and when I am wrong I am atrocious. Remember, I'm the one that put the big blue B and M coaster at Cedar Point (aka Maple Grove). The economic environment is such I cannot see this bond issue passing, especially after last Tuesday. Stranger things have happened, and it's not impossible, but it is very, very unlikely. Especially given next year is an election year, the legislature contains several people who intend to run for Governor, and Mr. Hart is very well connected...with the Democrats. It's just hard to see how this would work.