Kentucky Kingdom

Then why does it begin: "As a result of our negotiations with the state..."? Why is the sentence structure flowing as it does, as if the second sentence is meant to lessen any anticappointmemt?*

Does it not seem the entire statement is full of howevers, tentativity, provideds and mild reassurances?

And isn't this the week we were to hear the results of the intense look at the park and its condition?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

*A term from RRC aka rec.roller-coaster.

• Like 3

From the link above "we have made some modifications in the redevelopment plan for Kentucky Kingdom" Sure sounds like modifications means downsizing of initial plans. Or possibly the opposite but if I were a betting man I'd bet the grand re-opening won't be as grand as previously presented.

When the lease was agreed on, The Company announced plans to add TWO NEW MAJOR THRILL RIDES. I guess that's one of the changes. I wouldn't be surpirsd if Ed adds in a multiple tower S&S.

Then why does it begin: "As a result of our negotiations with the state..."? Why is the sentence structure flowing as it does, as if the second sentence is meant to lessen any anticappointmemt?*

Does it not seem the entire statement is full of howevers, tentativity, provideds and mild reassurances?

And isn't this the week we were to hear the results of the intense look at the park and its condition?

We will find out the conditions of the park on Tuesday according to the LeoWeekly on twitter.

• Like 1

Note, I said "I think" instead of saying for a fact. As I look at the page source, it was updated yesterday, so forgive me for thinking I've seen something before.

I think it is full of reassurances but wouldn't you have a statement with reassurances if you were hoping to receive money from investors? No one wants to say, this project may or may not happen so don't get your hopes up (even though some may have their hopes a little too high, or not).

• Like 1

http://www.wdrb.com/story/21135333/ed-hart-speaks-out-about-efforts-to-reopen-kentucky-kingdom

Hart says he and his team will assess the park for the next 90 days, and afterwards they will decide whether to proceed with their plans, which he expects to do. During that time, he expects to wrap up the $25 million in private financing he needs.

He says the park needs a lot of repairs, but that he and his team have budgeted enough money to clean up the park and make it safe.

Also see http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130212/NEWS01/302120046/Hart-says-he-fully-expects-reopen-Kentucky-Kingdom-schedule

• Like 1

All of recently paintee steel should be ok, so most of the rides should be in runnable shape even sitting out. Of course, they need annual inspection and the associated winter maintnance. Not sure how fiberglass holds up, but Thunder Run will need a complete retracking if not more. Werent Twisted Twins trains last seen at SFSt. Louis? Twisted Twins I expect to be a rusted mess in varying stages of decay.

For someone who's taking 90 days to further evaluate the condition of the park and raise additional funding, Hart is making some bold statements. He says they factored the restoration costs into their budget, yet one coaster alone could cost anywhere from $150,000 to $1,000,000 to fully repair. How do you budget that? $850,000 could possibly buy a good new ride for the park (I say "possibly" because I have no idea how much amusement park rides cost, but I would think $850k could at least get you a good flat ride if not a small coaster of some sort).

IF the park actually ever opens again, barring any unforseen circumstances, I fully intend to be there opening day. I want a front row seat for the fiasco!*

*Based on my one prior experience at KK, I expect nothing short of a fiasco to occur. That day ranks as one of my two worst park experiences ever. I will be completely amazed if Mr. Hart & Co., who were in charge the last time I visited, are able to provide me with a fun, safe, incident-free day... and I sincerely hope they prove me wrong.

• Like 6

There's so much damage on all the rides, the water rides especially, because the freaking KY Fair Board didn't know how to properly mantain a theme park and tend to the attractions. It's going to cost these guys a whoolllee lotta money to get everything working properly. The most disappointing part though? They took Chang away >.< It was the biggest coaster there, and man, it was a blast!

I only live like 45 minutes from Louisville, and I have family that I visit often that live there, so I've sort of seen everything progress.

The good part is, Greased Lightning is still standing! :D

• Like 1