Kentucky Kingdom

Kentucky Kingdom isn't given out any info about the new coaster or an announcement date from what it appears on their facebook page. Whenever the announcement comes it is not just going to be about the coaster, it is going to be about the entire park in details, new rides, new waterslides, tickets, season passes, etc. My initial thought was that the park was going to make an announcement this upcoming Thursday since it is the beginning of the 2013 Kentucky State Fair. Then they could have had booth set up at the fair inside the expo center in order to help to promote the park to hundreds of thousands (over 600,000 people) of fair goers. If we don't hear nothing Thursday or during the fair, we may just have to wait until mid/late September or after Holiday World makes their announcement, or we may just have to wait until Christmas...(please no).

Greezed Lightin is gone but the station of the coaster is still standing. So it looks like the station will be converted. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaster was more than $7 million.

• Like 5

If we don't hear nothing Thursday or during the fair, we may just have to wait until mid/late September or after Holiday World makes their announcement, or we may just have to wait until Christmas...(please no).

The only thing Holiday World may be announcing is who has control of it.

• Like 7

Kentucky Kingdom gave us an update on a ride that hasn't been seen. None other than Mile High Falls!

(Photo Courtesy of New Kentucky Kingdom)

1157528_620466104654232_1588153535_n.jpg

Who could ever forget MILE HIGH FALLS? Well, it's coming back in 2014. Our team has been hard at work. In this picture they are pressure washing the basin and preparing the surface for a new coating of paint. A lot more has been done with this classic ride over the past few months. Did you know, back in 1994, MILE HIGH FALLS was the world's tallest spill ride?

Yay a ride that's reopening on its opening year! I'm very excited to see what's to come for Kentucky Kingdom

That's a lot different than what was it was like in 2012. Also an interesting comment on the page by Kentucky Kingdom!

We are doubling the size of the water park! Eight new water attractions including a multi-slide tower complex, raft slide complex, two TALL plunge slides, an adventure river, wave lagoon, expanded decking area, cabanas and an expanded food court.

Wow they are really beefing up the waterpark! Can't wait to see more updates!

• Like 3

Hey we can decode this coaster now. :)

It's going to be a green intamin. I just know it! And they are also going to name it after a female, like Banshee...It's going to have a dance club feel to it and it will be named.....(drum roll please).......LADY GIGA!

• Like 6

Sounds like they are taking the time and money to do things right. I am sure that splash pool probably didn't need new paint, but they are doing it. Heck look at Congo Falls, I don't think they even paint the bottom of it.

They are showing its the little things that count. Yeah people will be mad that coasters are gone, but the parks not going to look run down like the last few years with Six.

"Next time YOU need to change out a light bulb........think of the guys that are working on THE GIANT WHEEL. Be sure to look for THE GIANT WHEEL when you come out to the Kentucky State Fair."

mii8zq.jpg

(Photo Courtesy of The New Kentucky Kingdom)

So could this mean Giant Wheel testing during the Kentucky State Fair?......Anything's a possibility.....

• Like 3