Kentucky Kingdom

Someone from TPR just made an interesting note. But it is just someone's opinion

"I was just thinking if the announcement doesn't happen soon, is it perhaps a new coaster concept that will be revealed at IAAPA. They have been able to do a good job with keeping this coaster a mystery."

• Like 6

I am personally excited even if we have a a under-capitalized grand opening. But I think they are relying on the future years too much for their future investments. We will know what Kentucky Kingdom will be on its grand reopening but we cannot really judge that right now because we do not have a crystal ball.

I am personally excited even if we have a a under-capitalized grand opening. But I think they are relying on the future years too much for their future investments. We will know what Kentucky Kingdom will be on its grand reopening but we cannot really judge that right now because we do not have a crystal ball.

They really aren't. I mean, their focus right now is to get the full park funtional. T2 in 2015, and TT in 2016. Then the major new investments start rolling in.

Seems the announcement is tommorow.

From the Parks Facebook Page.

Did you know, there's a storm brewing over Louisville?
LIGHTNING will strike the KINGDOM in 2014!
I'd be prepared to start making plans this Sunday! But where should you look for information?

Greezed Lightnin'?

More Facebook posts: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=669806653053510&set=a.599973010036875.1073741827.150584424975738&type=1

Imagine a Season Pass good for every day of the regular operating season.....plus good for admission to Kentucky Kingdom and its rides during the Kentucky State Fair! Talk about BEST VALUE! And there's more!

Is that a custom version of one of those Chance "hyper-lites" (or whatever they were calling them)?

I literally was just thinking about those the other day as a possibility for Kentucky Kingdom, but then I was like, "Nah... It'll never happen." It's just been so long since Chance built a coaster that I didn't expect that model to catch on. (Shows what I know!)

My initial reaction: considering how Chance doesn't have Intamin's reputation, it seems like they wanted the experience of a mega-lite without the gamble of an Intamin. But I'll reserve any further judgement until I ride it. Heck, I've never even been on a Chance/Morgan hyper before... Looks like I know where I'll start.

EDIT: Gotta toss this on: I kinda like how the park's starting out with Thunder Run and Lightning Run. Could be a neat thing to play off of when Twisted Twins reopens. ("The Thunder and Lightning were just the calm before the storm...")

Also, season pass information is up:

• Price: $59.95+tax
  • Free park admission
  • Free rides during the Kentucky State Fair
  • Free sports bottle if you're one of the first 500 pass orders
  • $1.00 unlimited 32oz. sodas all season long
  • 20% discount on all park food and merchandise

The park also boasts free tubes and sunscreen for the waterpark (sound familiar?)

Terp will appreciate this: If you can upload your own photo, they'll mail your season pass to you. IF I buy one (not sure I want to try it yet), here's hoping they won't announce the closure of the park an hour later like Six Flags did.

• Like 5

Hmm...did Arrow and Intamin have a baby or something? :P 'Cuz this looks kind of like a Mega-Lite, but from another company. If this ride can offer mega-lite like thrills while being smooth and reliable at the same time...KK may have a smash hit. If this was $7,000,000 as proposed...they got a steal here. Update: Seems Chance-Morgan is the builder from what I have read via comments...

Also, their site seems to be refusing to load, so I can't see the other new additions. :wacko: My guess: THEY ARE GETTING SWAMPED. Which ironically I think is a good sign for at least the short-term future.

Oh, BTW...Lightning Run for the name...they have a combo. Thunder Run N' Lightning Run...LOL. :P In all seriousness, that's not a bad combo at all.