Kentucky Kingdom

Which I would agree, being a Kentucky park, Kentucky news stations work towards that idea. Though, in Northern KY, where you have a strong Cincy influence, Boone, Kenton, Campbell, does not catch wind of this as easily as those down the river.

Yet Northern Kentucky does not have a reporting News Market. It is considered part of the Cincy media reporting.

Frankfurt isn't local. It's in....Germany.

The capital of Kentucky is Frankfort.

And that is what happens when you spend all day reading German history books...

• Like 4

Note:

Banshee broke records

Banshee is a B&M, popular with many populations, especially the home grounds of Europe.

Lightning Run, though a new style, is at a small park, that only have small enthusiast bases on miscellaneous sites(TPR, C-net, KIC, etc)

Banshee is at a large fan base park, which, has world record breaking attractions.(KIC, KIE, TPR, C-net, CC, etc)

SOB was probably one of the most "multi-fan based" spoken of topics, so the reclaimer of the site surely gets uber news.

KK is a fledgling park, which ALREADY has flak, and strong hopes for good times.

David and Goliath? (No, not a Six Flags attraction)

Personally, I think KK and KI can coexist. Heck, they did for years, even with Six Flags doing their best to fail. I can say that, as a Louisvillian, I liked KK (pre-Six Flags) because it was local, it had decent rides for its size, and I was there in 10 minutes. I can maybe make it to KI two or three times in a season if I plan it well. KI is an event for me. On the other hand, I can hit KK any given day, ride a few rides, hop back in the car and be at the zoo before the gates close. I consider that a good thing! From what I've read, nobody involved with KK has any delusions of beating KI. KI is a totally different beast (hyuck, hyuck).

Don't be putting words in my mouth, I did not imply such. I am just presenting the logic in the web searches. I have hopes for KK, I really do, but I don't pick sides before opening date. I won't even make such an conclusion untill the end of the season, or at least near the end. Like I said, I'm not picking sides, but I will be frequenting the park and I have high hopes for its success, just use logos while discussing this subject, and try, for the sake of your ethos, don't take a side.

Sorry, I think we must have gotten our wires crossed here. I wasn't attempting to put word in your mouth, and I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like I was arguing. You asked if this was a David and Goliath situation, which to me sounded like you were seeking opinions on whether or not these parks will have to compete with each other. I'm of the opinion that neither park is a threat to the other, for reasons I've already mentioned. I didn't think you were taking sides, especially since I don't think there's a fight.

1. Rhetorical Question

2. Of course they will! They are both in the near vicinity of HW, KI competes with HW and vice versa. KI competes with CP, roughly less to KK in vicinity and KI had a 2 park deal, so that idea that people commune that way can work inversely. If you look up that allusion, David defeats Goliath, David wins, Goliath falls; though, with that also it means a little guy vs big guy situation, which are unknown in any case.

Rhetorical BB1, by the way, welcome to KIC.

Seems a truly rhetorical question wouldn't generate controversy. I don't think you should assume that Kentucky Kingdom is attempting to compete with King's Island, especially since Hart has clearly stated that they will not. The two parks will have significant overlap--they always did--but, as I said, they don't necessarily attempt to meet the same needs. KK is a small, local amusement park whose demographic will be predominately locals and families who don't necessarily desire the Big Park experience. King's Island's demographic is...well, almost everybody. And if you look at KI's attendance during KK's operational years, there really is no "KK effect" there. Flip the script and you'll see that KK grew and maintained very respectable attendance up until the point when Six Flags decided to fail. This would suggest that these two parks have and will coexist peacefully. Now, KK vs. HW, there's where competition will be a factor.

And I know the story of David and Goliath. Thanks for the summary, though. Again, I say there's no battle to be won or lost, so it's irrelevant.

Note:

Banshee broke records

Banshee is a B&M, popular with many populations, especially the home grounds of Europe.

Lightning Run, though a new style, is at a small park, that only have small enthusiast bases on miscellaneous sites(TPR, C-net, KIC, etc)

Banshee is at a large fan base park, which, has world record breaking attractions.(KIC, KIE, TPR, C-net, CC, etc)

SOB was probably one of the most "multi-fan based" spoken of topics, so the reclaimer of the site surely gets uber news.

KK is a fledgling park, which ALREADY has flak, and strong hopes for good times.

David and Goliath? (No, not a Six Flags attraction)

Personally, I think KK and KI can coexist. Heck, they did for years, even with Six Flags doing their best to fail. I can say that, as a Louisvillian, I liked KK (pre-Six Flags) because it was local, it had decent rides for its size, and I was there in 10 minutes. I can maybe make it to KI two or three times in a season if I plan it well. KI is an event for me. On the other hand, I can hit KK any given day, ride a few rides, hop back in the car and be at the zoo before the gates close. I consider that a good thing! From what I've read, nobody involved with KK has any delusions of beating KI. KI is a totally different beast (hyuck, hyuck).

Don't be putting words in my mouth, I did not imply such. I am just presenting the logic in the web searches. I have hopes for KK, I really do, but I don't pick sides before opening date. I won't even make such an conclusion untill the end of the season, or at least near the end. Like I said, I'm not picking sides, but I will be frequenting the park and I have high hopes for its success, just use logos while discussing this subject, and try, for the sake of your ethos, don't take a side.

Sorry, I think we must have gotten our wires crossed here. I wasn't attempting to put word in your mouth, and I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like I was arguing. You asked if this was a David and Goliath situation, which to me sounded like you were seeking opinions on whether or not these parks will have to compete with each other. I'm of the opinion that neither park is a threat to the other, for reasons I've already mentioned. I didn't think you were taking sides, especially since I don't think there's a fight.

1. Rhetorical Question

2. Of course they will! They are both in the near vicinity of HW, KI competes with HW and vice versa. KI competes with CP, roughly less to KK in vicinity and KI had a 2 park deal, so that idea that people commune that way can work inversely. If you look up that allusion, David defeats Goliath, David wins, Goliath falls; though, with that also it means a little guy vs big guy situation, which are unknown in any case.

Rhetorical BB1, by the way, welcome to KIC.

Seems a truly rhetorical question wouldn't generate controversy. I don't think you should assume that Kentucky Kingdom is attempting to compete with King's Island, especially since Hart has clearly stated that they will not. The two parks will have significant overlap--they always did--but, as I said, they don't necessarily attempt to meet the same needs. KK is a small, local amusement park whose demographic will be predominately locals and families who don't necessarily desire the Big Park experience. King's Island's demographic is...well, almost everybody. And if you look at KI's attendance during KK's operational years, there really is no "KK effect" there. Flip the script and you'll see that KK grew and maintained very respectable attendance up until the point when Six Flags decided to fail. This would suggest that these two parks have and will coexist peacefully. Now, KK vs. HW, there's where competition will be a factor.

And I know the story of David and Goliath. Thanks for the summary, though. Again, I say there's no battle to be won or lost, so it's irrelevant.

1. Kings Island's

2. Logical on all levels, which to an effect is true. Yet, I would like to point out that in some time, KK could become a force that could compete on a larger scale with KI.

3. It's not exactly a battle, per say, but a race, an competition that would be avoided, but I have a hard feeling of accepting it to be true.

4. I would like to point out a competition with Beech Bend and KK in the near future.

5. They are both in the same region, both have coasters, which, both of their demographics, at some point intersect which would cause a competition. KI has a thing for everyone, KK has a thing for everyone, it is just the utilization of these elements that set these parks apart.

Should KK some time in the future expand its boundaries, which it very well could unless the fair board finds some other means of generating income, then it will definitely become a competitive force that will put pressure on KI. Not a bad thing, and I hope it happens. As it stands, I can see KK maybe taking a bite out of other family venues--The Louisville Zoo comes to mind--and Holiday World.

Is there anything going on with Beech Bend? That park will have to make a pretty dramatic move to pull Louisville attention away from KK, KI and HW. I think even Dollywood generates more buzz than Beech Bend in the ville. That's just my experience; I may just not know any Beech-going folks.

"Kentucky Kingdom construction not bothered by harsh winter."

The story and video (which were published earlier today) can be found at the link below......

http://www.wdrb.com/story/24617959/ky-kingdom-construction-not-bothered-by-harsh-winter

Quote from the article.....

"During the next couple of weeks, workers will begin erecting the steel and then the area will really begin to look like a coaster."

• Like 7

Yes but let us hope for the great success of the Kingdom in 2014! Fortunate in the Greater Cincinnati area you have Holiday World, Beech Bend, Somersplash on your way to Beech Bend, Cedar Point, Kentucky Kingdom 2014 return, Kings Island, The Beach, Coney Island Cincinnati, Great Wolf Lodge Mason, plus the Coco Key in Sharonville, the Columbus Zoo and Amusement Park, and even the great Cincinnati Zoo.

To Kentucky Kingdom 2014.

• Like 9

ACE Midwest on Facebook:

"Kentucky Kingdom Klean-Up
Sat. April 5 (rain or shine)

Shift A 7-11am
Lunch Break 11am till 12noon
Shift B 12-4pm

Volunteer Duties: Working with horticulture department, park services (sweeping and general light clean-up), stocking building, etc. (**Release forms required for all volunteers.)

Volunteer Incentive: Everyone gets free lunch! All volunteers get free admission to the ACE Midwest STORM event on Sat. Sept. 6th. Season pass holders receive a free Lightning Run t-shirt.

To Volunteer: Email your shift preference (Shift A OR Shift B OR Both Shifts), name, phone number and email to Paul Blick at paulblick@twc.com by Friday March 28th."

(The story above can be found here.)

As you can see, Kentucky Kingdom is asking ACE and the public to help "finish and clean-up" the park in April.......

.....Nuff Said......

• Like 7

I'm taking it as this is an ACE exclusive? Or can I, not an ACE member, volunteer?

I guess I'll just have to E-mail them to find out.

I would definitely do this, it is an amazing way to help out a park that I am very interested in. Plus, free admission to event=score

• Like 5

This can be seen in two different ways:

1. What a wonderful way to showcase the park to potential customers and to also get free help! Future customers can see the progress the park has made, maybe some church groups and scout groups can get some volunteer hours in, and the park wins because they get free labor to make the park ready for the grand re-opening.

2. Man this park cannot even afford to hire enough workers? Even pro-football teams pay the people who come out to help shovel snow out of a stadium before a big game.

• Like 8

^

This is great news for the park. I hope vertical erection goes smoothly for KK.

Still amazed at the lack of a web cam or even pictures during construction. This is what it would feel like if a coaster was built at Area 51.

Maybe they need volunteers to set up the web cam and take pictures?

• Like 8

^

This is great news for the park. I hope vertical erection goes smoothly for KK.

Still amazed at the lack of a web cam or even pictures during construction. This is what it would feel like if a coaster was built at Area 51.

Maybe they need volunteers to set up the web cam and take pictures?

I can think of many of us (myself included) that would volunteer for that.

• Like 4

ACE Midwest on Facebook:

"Kentucky Kingdom Klean-Up

Sat. April 5 (rain or shine)

Shift A 7-11am

Lunch Break 11am till 12noon

Shift B 12-4pm

Volunteer Duties: Working with horticulture department, park services (sweeping and general light clean-up), stocking building, etc. (**Release forms required for all volunteers.)

Volunteer Incentive: Everyone gets free lunch! All volunteers get free admission to the ACE Midwest STORM event on Sat. Sept. 6th. Season pass holders receive a free Lightning Run t-shirt.

To Volunteer: Email your shift preference (Shift A OR Shift B OR Both Shifts), name, phone number and email to Paul Blick at paulblick@twc.com by Friday March 28th."

(The story above can be found here.)

As you can see, Kentucky Kingdom is asking ACE and the public to help "finish and clean-up" the park in April.......

.....Nuff Said......

Or just reaching out for some free labor. A dozen Ts and free lunch are a lot less costly then paying a full time employee.

• Like 4