Kentucky Kingdom

The Corvette have been made in BG for over 3 decades now.

I'm not aware of folks desiring to revert back to Horse and Buggy so I doubt that cars are going away any time soon. My Mother and Brother build truck frames for Ford. The plant can barely make enough of them to keep up with demand.

• Like 3

The Corvette have been made in BG for over 3 decades now.

I'm not aware of folks desiring to revert back to Horse and Buggy so I doubt that cars are going away any time soon. My Mother and Brother build truck frames for Ford. The plant can barely make enough of them to keep up with demand.

True but in the school district I work in, a GM plant was located near by... was..

• Like 2

I had a 69 Camaro many years ago that was made at the Norwood plant.

That said, nothing is forever, everyone knows that. Thanks for once again pointing out the painfully obvious.

As for the present, things are going great and a possible new plant may be headed to my (til March anyways) state that will mean plenty of jobs for folks. Whether it lasts 2 years or 50, no one knows.

Never intended this to become a discussion on how long a manufacturing plant MAY stay open.

• Like 2

I'm still wondering how on earth Kentucky Kingdom plans to satisfy the whole "25% of visitors coming from out of state" thing. Last year they chose to ignore the out-of-state markets (except for the Louisville metro area anyway) and couldn't even meet local attendance goals. Now they have to convince people to drive to Louisville instead of checking out that shiny new B&M an hour away...

• Like 2

Not that I can tell. Website still says tickets will go on sale April 1st (3 1/2 weeks before the park opens) and there's no info on their FB page about pricing either as far as I can see.

On a related note, apparently Ed Hart has won himself a "Silver Fleur-de-Lis" award... http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2015/01/29/gli-names-silver-fleur-de-lis-award-winners.html

• Like 1

Just what we need: another amusement park filled with bouncing basketballs and people chasing after stray balls. Not to mention that given the park's location, there's a higher-than-usual chance of people doing something... how do I put this gently... improper with them. :rolleyes:

• Like 10

Not that I can tell. Website still says tickets will go on sale April 1st (3 1/2 weeks before the park opens) and there's no info on their FB page about pricing either as far as I can see.

On a related note, apparently Ed Hart has won himself a "Silver Fleur-de-Lis" award... http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2015/01/29/gli-names-silver-fleur-de-lis-award-winners.html

Note the entity giving it to him. Louisville has a vested interest in keeping the park open. How long until Mr. Hart receives his KY Col Honorarium? (which can be bought for a small sum unlike here in Indiana where only the Governor has the power to bestow the State's awards for service to the community)

• Like 3

Yeah, God forbid a park trying to stay afloat put in a game that makes a ton of profit. It's all about the enthusiasts, right?

I think is one issue that bothers more than just enthusiasts. My wife and mother (both of whom are far from enthusiastic about anything related to the industry) have both commented about how annoying all the bouncing basketballs were.

• Like 4

I am supposed to be excited on a ball, which i really don't care about, that probably costs me 6 bucks? Give some hints on Kingdom 7 at least! That's better PR, give some bait and get more bites, or likes for that matter.

Given their limited space and the monetary expenses given: Not much. The attractions they just added look similarly to road side attractions, but it works. I could see them going for a compact coaster, a Euro Fighter maybe, to go in where the stage is in the far back. Other than that this park is packed. Maybe a water attraction to be added? Not sure on that due to, again, space is now an essential key stone to Kentucky Kingdom. If they want to expand, they need to buy out the space adjacent to the park, to then add in more attractions and more festivities.

• Like 2