Kentucky Kingdom

Oh they do. They most definitely do.

There is at least one poster here that they really wish would shush the realism.

They'd prefer we all wear rose colored glasses.

I believe a certain college-aged son of a middler-up (and professed SM expert) used to... and make sporadic posts.

Schrute, who is not affiliated with KK or reliant upon them for any financial benefit, being oddly specific.

• Like 3

I'm surprised by the lack of advertising. Right now is prime time for the park to be advertising the "seven" throughout the tri-state area. Heck I wouldnt have known the park had even reopened if it hadn't been for this site. Is there a reason that there hasn't been a single commercial, radio announcement or bill board posted in the Cincinnati area? Are they not advertising because of a tax agreement? I just cant fathom...

Signed Dazed and Confused.

• Like 8

Last October, I took a friend of mine from Tennessee to Kings Island for his first visit ever. He's not an industry enthusiast, but he told me he had heard of Banshee before moving up here for school. If it were not for this website or my interest in the industry, I would have no idea that Kentucky Kingdom was even open.

If I recall correctly, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom advertised up here.

Edit - Beat to the point

Edited by Delirium13
  • Like 5

Holiday World advertises sporadically around here as does Dollywood. In recent times for the later, I remember a giant Wild Eagle advertisement right next to the P&G twin towers on south I-71 before the tunnel. You couldn't miss it and it was in view of a very large quantity of traffic. Cedar Point has a bit every now and then as well. Kentucky Kingdom only did when they were opening large attractions. I remember ones for Chang, Twisted Twins/Sisters and Greezed Lightning quite well. I've never seen Kennywood. The furthest park, aside from Disney and Universal Studios, that I've seen is Six Flags Great America advertising on Pepsi products.

• Like 7

Lack of resources and\or a misplaced total trust in social media?

And they were counting on "pent-up demand to sell Season Passes for year #1." I believe that they were right for the first couple of weeks, but once the new car smell started to wear off; bungled messages and poor customer service peppered the response for the rest of the season. Outside of new rides, I don't know that they've invested in any guest experience technology.

• Like 5

Sorry for the lack of judgement I showed in the previous few post on this thread. I was at that time in a down slope of life and let things that had nothing to do with the situation take blame. I have gone back and edited the post. I feel that I have purged all the negative things out of my life and feel much better now. I don't know what I was thinking. All I can say is that it is good to be back!

• Like 14

Ed please purchase Geauga Lake and Six Flags New Orleans!

Can Lighting strike three times?

I would not hold my breath for that...As far Ed and KK are concerned, I am thankful for what he is done. I do not know the man or have had any dealings with him so I will defer personal opinions on him to those of you who know him in that way. Clearly, he is not well liked around here...but he is the only one crazy enough to give reopening KK a try. I know that his group mainly borrowed money and mortgaged the place to get it up and running but honestly I don't blame him. The the Kentucky State Fair Board owns the place and let it rot for 5 years because they could not make managing the park attractive enough to another operator. I am not an advocate for big government and wasting tax money, but for better or worse Kentucky Kingdom's ownership situation is what it is and is not going to change, just like its less than ideal location (being generous there). Yes we tax payers are at risk if the place fails, but we same tax payers had a multi-million dollar asset over grown and rusting away a short time ago. Hopefully the gates to the Kingdom being open is just the beginning of a much needed revitalization of the entire fairgrounds. God knows it needs it.

• Like 6

Excellent perspective. However, especially right now, it is not necessarily a given who, what and how Kentucky Kingdom's landlord is.

A report's a comin'. And things are apt to change. Drastically.

Well, that and an election.

That is true, but if the state some how does away with the Fair Board does that change the terms with Hart and company since ownership goes back to the state of Kentucky in the end? I have no idea how that would work. It doesn't seem like it would be too smart to do anything to make the park less likely to succeed and cause foreclosure. Regardless of election results the party responsible would not look too good to the public. The whole thing is just a sticky sticky mess. That's why I think Hart has to be a bit crazy to be apart of it...

• Like 3

And the oddities continue. http://www.kentuckykingdom.com/park-info/calendar/

Kentucky State Fair, waterpark is closed EXCEPT the Big Wave Wave pool, uh what? Not to mention that the technical opening day for KK, the 16th, is bought out for a private event. The divide continues ladies and gents, KK should be a plus 1 to the State Fair, to have both the waterpark and the theme park open for all guests to the State Fair. That way, both entities could make more dough, and to alleviate the already strained relationship between the state-Fair-and Kentucky Kingdom boards. Then there are dates to when you have to check with KK's website to see if they are open, that just doesn't make sense; it's either you're open, or you're not, choose one and act professional. That calendar just does not look like a good move in PR/Professional standings as it just doesn't look like KK is confident in their holdings.

The Kingdom 7 campaign looks promising, to a certain extent, I only hope that it is an expansion out into the local lots.

• Like 4

I think my favorite part of the map is the almost 2 week spread in May and the last two weekends where they may or may not be open, check back and see... oh and the random day in June where there are bought out for half the day. Everyone go home early, someone else purchased the park from here on out...

• Like 7