Kentucky Kingdom

Off of the current topic but have any of the, uh, fluffier riders here ridden Lightning Run? I'm at 233lbs with a 38" waist currently and was just wondering if I would have any issues with the restraints? I've read a couple places that they are pretty unforgiving.

I will let you know when I make it to the Kingdom.  I am fluffier than you, but I can still fit in The Racer and Woodstock Express, so hopefully LR will not be an issue.

• Like 2

Once upon a time, a kid was throwing rocks at me on the playground.  He would throw them, while hiding behind something.  I eventually got wise, and stopped letting him come to my house to play or come to my birthday party. 

But then, he began throwing rocks and being mean to others.  Eventually, my friends stopped allowing him to come over and play at their house as well.

I wonder if he ever realized why.  And if so, I wonder if it was worth it.  I mean, throwing rocks isn't nice, and will get you uninvited to play.

• Like 12

Terp, I am very sorry that happened to you; it's a shame the way that situation was handled. Based on all the information I've gathered from the last few pages, it looks like I'll be riding my first SLC elsewhere; possibly at a place that does a wicked job counting its flags!

-MDMC, who will NOT be seeing red this summer, unless that red is Diamondback, Storm Runner, or Steel Force...

• Like 5

Oo great I may not fit on it then I have some tree trunk thighs

You should fit. I didn't see anyone turned away the day I went. They had to push down a little bit on me and I fit....btw you'll prefer it to be snug...it was like riding a bull....LOL...lots of air time!

• Like 4

We got our passes yesterday I hope to make two trips. The first one will be for about three hours on a Saturday in June the second I'm not sure yet. I know I want to try Lightning Run many times plus the other coasters and Deep Water Dive.

• Like 6

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. I encourage all and sundry to get to Kentucky Kingdom this season.

It may well be your last chance.

Go, if you at ALL can.

Don't be the guy or gal who says "I could have, but didn't."

I appreciate this!  I was going to wait until next year when TT was back in operation.  But now I have my $59.95 plus tax Kroger pass.  I do really want the park to work though.

• Like 7

And, if you want to maximize the odds of getting to ride TT, spending money inside the park would help...

Personally, if they sold a T-Shirt that says "I experienced The Runs at Kentucky Kingdom", I would pay top dollar to own it.

Top dollar. Have some hart and make it happen, guys.

• Like 10

From what I can recall over the past 149 pages, there have been no posts that have been inflammatory or scandalous regarding Kentucky Kingdom.  Nothing more than a concerned group over the viability of said Kingdom of the Commonwealth.  Concerns have been raised and the Kingdom has sent under cover "PR" people to ridicule and scoff at the opinions and insight offered in this thread.  Honestly they should be thankful the park has received this kind of attention and used it to benefit attendance.  Instead since it isn't controlled by Hart it is not a viable resource to market the park.  

This thread is no different than any of the other park threads that raised concerns about floundering parks.  See the threads on Hard Rock Park and Freestyle Music Park.  Hope with a steady dose of realism.

• Like 8

I agree to an extent; but if CF has a fit over whether or not park attractions are properly capitalized on a blog site that does more good for them than most social media sites they promote- then I don't look for the collective management of the Kingdom to be thankful whatsoever for what's posted on here and could look to "make an example."

Just saying, be careful.  

• Like 1

To debate that point to me is mute.  I capitalize things because it is proper English and if I don't it's an honest typo.

I have no horse in this race; I've never been to the KK park, I don't work for them, I don't claim any level of ownership to the KIC site.  I am a frequent visitor, lurker, and reader... my only comment is be careful what you post if you, in fact, do have have first hand experience.

• Like 1