Kentucky Kingdom

This person was saying that Kings Island/Holiday World allows all Pass Holders to attend private events. Once they were shown evidence to the contrary their response was 'Bite Me" and other childish responses.

Others were hoping for rain so the events would be ruined.

• Like 5

OK, this is an honest question, not an attempt to dispute.

Exactly how could Republican control of the government affect Kentucky Kingdom? I mean, I get that Hart is buddy-buddy with the Democrats, but precisely what actions could a Republican government take to negatively impact KK? I thought all the loan and other contracts were already signed, finalized, and binding. What am I missing here?

Leases can be revoked. Every Government lease I have ever seen includes a termination clause for the "convenience of the Government." That means any reason or no reason.

Hart's business partner is a high muckety-muck in the Democrat party. So much so, he ran against Mitch McConnell. And lost. Badly.

• Like 6

And T3 has tested?

Not sure. However, I made this response to their May 30th answer. :)

So, is my interpretation of this response correct and the trains for T3 have been installed and ride testing has begun?

I see what you did there :) .

Hopefully I could make it down soon, I need that Vekoma credit.

• Like 2

If you ask and are denied, you will be given the reason why, with the citation to the law given, if you so chose to run it up the flagpole.  Here in Indiana, there is a watchdog agency called the Public Access Counselor which hears all cases involving denial of the Open Door/Public Access to Records laws.  His opinions are published and are considered persuasive in Indiana courts.

• Like 3

Remember they are not Vekoma trains, they are Kumbak trains, which are sort of like Vekoma but they aren't.  

Just wanting to clarify, because until a few weeks ago I was under the same impression.

They best hope the testing goes great and that all proximity sensors are up and working properly.  Hmm I wonder about a clearance pull through?  Wonder if those have been tested yet by the Safety Committee?  Im sure they will get to it at some point this week.  The good news is Kumbak has a stellar reputation for building trains that deliver a more comfortable and softer ride.  All joking aside Kumbak makes trains that are better looking (that is a debatable point) and deliver a pretty harsh ride, not much better and worse in some cases than the original Vekoma trains.  So the good news is T3 should continue to deliver all the same terror and roughness that made it a classic when it was first built.   <_< 

• Like 7

Don't worry there is a safety committee that meets weekly to handle all safety issues at the park.  Its a priority and there is no price for safety.  

Hmm I wonder if that is the same philosophy they take towards marketing and PR?  No price/cost means more savings...

• Like 8

FWIW the $29.99 buy 1 get 2 promo is now appearing here in Indy in various forms-print, tv station web sites, etc.  The print ad is a color ad allowing 6 people per coupon to take advantage of the deal. It also features a ride they call Up Up and Away which they say is new for 2015.  It looks like a cross between WindSeeker and the old Flight Commander.

• Like 4

83 votes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/05/19/ky-gop-primary-governor/27620327/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/20/recanvass-ahead-in-kentucky-gop-gubernatorial-primary-as-83-votes-separate-top/

83 votes.

The park's future may well depend on resolution, recanvas, recall.

83 votes.

A Governor from Western Kentucky, a very fiscally conservative Governor? Or a current AG?

It's going to be interesting. Two days, less than $30. But not aimed at you if YOUR tax dollars subsidize the government leased, government supported amusement park.

• Like 2

"SPONSOR STORY"

http://www.indystar.com/story/sponsor-story/kentucky-kingdom/2015/05/18/kentuckykingdom/27389591/

"SPONSOR STORY"

Paid placement. Written by the park.

Sigh.

Ethics?

Hart, Hart, Hart. The "story" is much more about deifying Hart than about the park. I'm sure he personally approved it.

Note the link to the two day offer.

Masquerading as "news."

This has to be a new low.

• Like 4

Proof of Indiana residency required? Yep, the intent is to boost out-of-state attendance while throwing revenue out the window. After all, there's an attendance ratio to meet.

Funny that a Michigander / Michiganian is not made the same offer, however. Guess our attendance is not desired.

• Like 6