Kentucky Kingdom

Under "Tips for Park-goers With Little Riders:"

• Three is free. Park admission is a real deal to begin with. Plus, children under age three get in free.

Then three is not free. Right? It's not "three and under." It's "under three."

Cute rhyme, but incorrect. Which I could understand if it was a legitimate news piece, but... it's not... it's direct from the park.

I don't even see on their website where it said children under the age is free. 

• Like 2

Update from the kroger I work KK tickets are now being sold for 35$(and they have a fairly visible presence in the checkouts and a sign that mentions 4 coasters) which doesnt seem bad until you realize that the KI tickets they sell are only 38$

And still I think that price point is too much for KK, the discount needs to be around the $27-$29 range.  The goal is to then get people to spend more in the park since they spent less at the gate.

• Like 3

Pricing integrity being thrown to the wind typically means attendance goals are not being met.

In what state is this Kroger?

So does this mean that Kings Island's reduced pricing ($38 for a $62 ticket) indicates KI is not meeting goals?

I would think that once you get people in the park, many will spend money.  For example, I have a gold pass to KI.  Yesterday in the park, I splurged for premium parking, a funnel cake, and an overpriced ice cream cone. 

Pricing integrity being thrown to the wind typically means attendance goals are not being met.

In what state is this Kroger?

• Like 1

I thought the main goal was to have people spend less at the gate so that they'd be willing to spend MORE at Louisville hotels and restaurants. Hence the tax subsidies.

But at any other park, yep.

There is probably a different pricing strategy for discounted day passes sold at Kroger stores than the strategies involving out of state markets.  As a part of the tax incentive, they applicant MUST draw residents from out of state.  This incentive is available to any tourist attraction, not just KK.

• Like 1

Kings Island hasn't drastically cut prices for tickets offered in the same channel this season...

Kentucky Kingdom HAS.

The only Kentucky Kingdom tickets I have seen in my Kroger market were the $59.95 season passes until Monday.  Since this "sale" was to end at midnight, they were placing the signs for the "discounted" day tickets.  Interestingly enough, the Kings Island display had been put up since I had visited earlier; the only tickets marketed were for Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom.  I can't speak for other Kroger markets, only my area Kroger stores.

• Like 2

To be taken with a grain of salt since it is Screamscape... but hmm...

2016/2017 - Twisted Sisters Coaster Reopening - Rumor - (6/11/15) From the sound of things, work is starting on Twisted Twins at Kentucky Kingdom. According to the report sent in to Screamscape a reader was in the park and spotted several work trucks and an RV parked on the pathway to the closed coaster. While riding Mile High Falls they spotted three people standing in front of the station, pointing at various parts of the coaster while holding what appeared to be blueprints. Things are about to get very exciting for Kentucky Kingdom it seems. 

If it is an RMC like it is rumored in the posts beforehand, will it be a refurbishment like it was for Thunder Run, a full on I-Box or Topper Track. At least work is starting on Twisted Twins.

• Like 4

some would say getting T3 up and running should be first priority.

True but I would say there would be little relation to the two projects. At this point T3 is mostly if not entirely in the hands of park maintenance where as a complete remodel of TT would be in the hands of what ever firm is chosen to do the job such as RMC. As long as everyone has been paid, there is no other reason the two can not be worked on at the same time. 

• Like 10

While your point is valid, and for most parks, it makes sense to look forward while your still waiting for the latest model to be unveiled, however in this case, the park is already 2, going on 3 weeks behind deliver and 2 months into their operating schedule and T3 still hasn't been opened to the public.  Doesn't exactly give me good vibes about refurbishing other rides in a timely manner.

• Like 6

Just to point it out, and be fair to Mr. Hart and company, no park is completely immune to having a ride opening delayed. Consider Cedar Fair in 2011, when NONE of the first batch of WindSeekers opened as originally scheduled, and indeed KI's was not even fully constructed on the park's opening day.

We don't know the full reason why T3 is being delayed. It might be out of their control (e.g. there could have been delays on the train manufacturer's end, or in shipping, etc.) I wouldn't start pointing fingers at KK for the delay unless we get evidence that it is indeed their fault (and even then, one could argue that KI and the other parks receiving WindSeekers ought to possibly take some of the blame on that for starting construction late).

In short: I give the park a pass on T3. KK has several legitimate problems that have been discussed in this thread ad nauseum, but IMHO the T3 delay doesn't deserve to be lumped in with those. Now, if Twisted Twins is delayed next year, then we may have a pattern that warrants pointing a finger at the park. Otherwise, it's a simple case of "nobody's perfect".

• Like 3

The nice--and I say that both literally and tongue-in-cheek--thing about Kentucky Kingdom is that, if it were someone else's fault but they're own, you can count on them pointing fingers. If KumbaK delivered the trains late, they'd be saying that. Heck, even Holiday World did that with the Timberliners back in 2010--they point-blank said that the trains were late, and it threw their testing schedule off. Kentucky Kingdom, and moreso Ed Hart, have made it abundantly clear from the lawsuit(s) last summer and the T3 delays that they are not afraid to point fingers and throw blame elsewhere. The fact that Kentucky Kingdom isn't pointing fingers now almost makes me think it is something on their end. But that's me.

• Like 10

I hope to God that RMC isn't going to work at Kentucky Kingdom. It'd suck to see an RMC get built and then nobody gets to ride it a few years later.

RMC did work for KK in 2013.  They retracked Thunder Run.  It is quite the ride.  If speculation holds true and RMC converts TT, it will strenghthen  KK's future.

• Like 1

I remember reading somewhere they were converting TT into one large ride? Can anybody confirm this?

There is supposed to be an announcement in July.  Hopefully T3 will be operational at this time.  :rolleyes:

When did the park say anything about an announcement in July?....

TheBEASTunchained.... Asking another question....

• Like 3

There was a small event at KK the day after Holiwood Nights in which Hart said the announcement would be coming in a month.

There was a small event at KK the day after Holiwood Nights in which Hart said the announcement would be coming in a month.

What he said ;)

Thanks guys! Wasn't aware of that.

Now I'll anxiously await this announcement.....

• Like 1