Kentucky Kingdom

What? It's nearly 7 PM and not one of the Indiana, Tennessee or even Kentucky or Ohio members here has posted their personally experienced impressions of what Mr. Hart would doubtlessly claim is the most eagerly anticipated 'new' coaster of 2015?

Really?

Some people have to work to support the thrill habit. But I'll let you know how much better than Banshee it is in the next couple of weeks. (Kidding although Banshee was so so for me)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Follow-up to my pulled pork incident from Monday. As I mentioned, I went to Guest Services and filled out a complaint form that day. This evening, I received this reply via email:

7d4e6b2c3783f5692b9d4a4140cfd694.jpg

Five days to send a generic reply that only makes mention of the department in question and not the actual issue?

I suppose I should be happy they replied at all, given the PR we've seen out of them...

• Like 4

JCGoble, at least you some form of response.  I have stopped by guest services at Kings Island almost every visit in '14 and '15 to compliment park employees.  They have me fill out a form, saying that they would like to follow up and I have never gotten follow up communication.  Not that I want it per se, but if they want your information and tell you they want to follow up with you, it would be nice to get that communication so in some way I could know that the manager of these people knows how great the employees are.  Yes, I do my best to remember names.

I have not had any negative employee interactions in '14 and '15, someone is doing a great job training in customer service.  Food and beverage...still issues, but that is another discussion, haha.

• Like 8

Take it for what it's worth but the comments on Facebook have been positive. Folks are saying the ride has been improved.

Any ride using the new style of OTSRs has to be an improvement over the original OTSRs.

Although T3's restraints are more of a lap bar with an OTS seatbelt.

Also, I almost said "OTSR restraints" in this post, so I think I might as well make a GUI interface in Visual Basic to track an IP.

• Like 5

Wow, just announce soon, doing things like that basically says "hey we know you know, but we're not going to say it yet."

Unlike...say any CF PR dept. The whole "we're building for the future", "we'll announce our 2016 expansion in August." Etc. etc.

Is it sad that I run my companies PR better than whoever runs this? I'm only halfway through a degree and two courses into it, and I even see major flaws with this.

• Like 6

Going back a page, another interesting note about that T3 article. The guy who wrote it is an intern for the Louisville Courier-Journal. Given how big of a deal Kentucky Kingdom is to Louisville residents (good or bad), and the fact that Louisville's paper is the biggest one in the state (much like how Indy's paper is the biggest in Indiana), that makes me think they did it simply because someone in management told them they had to (possibly higher-ups at Gannett?). Why else would the big local paper throw something like that to an intern?

• Like 2

One of those moments that make you think hmmmm.....  ;)

Capture7_zpsyu23bse7.png

Devils advocate here, and something that most should have thought, is the fact that they simply said "Very clever, Mac" which could mean nothing more than they were giving credit to the way he placed the RMC within the statement he was making.  It may, or may not, have been alluding to them saying he was/is correct!

• Like 7

I certainly hope so. It needs it.

Also, there are random buttons on the hand grips. I don't know what they're for, but they make me feel like a fighter pilot. Maybe Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland could be improved by those trains. Goodness knows they can't do much to make that infernal machine any worse...

• Like 6