Kentucky Kingdom

Does playing obnoxiously distorted loud music count (as in Bizarro at SFGAd)?

nope. I am thinking some sort of visor that adds things to your visual experience. For example fighter jets you could shoot down with those joysticks...It's just the gamer in me thinking out loud. I don't want to ruin any already fantastic rides with add-ons but something cool could be made I am sure of it. Maybe whenever the ride becomes T4 in another 20 years :)

I hope to all things holy that in 20 years, there will be no more demand for a Vekoma Hang 'N Bang and all of them will just be footnotes in the annals of history.

Sorry, just dreaming out loud...

(Though I have no doubts that many feel the same about my beloved Arrow Loopers...)

• Like 8

It is certainly not unenjoyable. I've ridden worse SLCs. I've also ridden better ones. It's pretty average as SLCs go.

If you know how it feels to be driving and have your car downshift suddenly, causing you to jerk forward a bit, that's the sort of roughness it has. The OTSRs (if that's even what you would call them... They're different) even resemble a car seatbelt. The roughness is mildly annoying, but entirely bearable. Much better than the constant headbanging you get on a normal SLC.

• Like 8

I hope to all things holy that in 20 years, there will be no more demand for a Vekoma Hang 'N Bang and all of them will just be footnotes in the annals of history.

(Though I have no doubts that many feel the same about my beloved Arrow Loopers...)

Indeed, I would enjoy watching Vortex get torn down. ;)

jcgoble3, pushing buttons

• Like 4

Indeed, I would enjoy watching Vortex get torn down. ;)

jcgoble3, pushing buttons

What's the point in tearing it down? It's sinking, you know. :-[

• Like 5

At Kentucky Kingdom today...small crowds r/t the threat of rain. Great rides of Thunder Run and Lightning Run. T3 was a fun ride! The only rough part was on the turn around heading back into the station and that was more abrupt than rough. The green buttons on the joystick handles are seat belt releases. A park employee joined a conversation I was having with another enthusiast...he said that TT is being removed and KK will get two new coasters next year. Will be interesting to see what the announcement will be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

At Kentucky Kingdom today...small crowds r/t the threat of rain. Great rides of Thunder Run and Lightning Run. T3 was a fun ride! The only rough part was on the turn around heading back into the station and that was more abrupt than rough. The green buttons on the joystick handles are seat belt releases. A park employee joined a conversation I was having with another enthusiast...he said that TT is being removed and KK will get two new coasters next year. Will be interesting to see what the announcement will be!

Also the food at Taco Tequila is great!

• Like 2

Those who know, dont tell, and those who dont know, tell.  This employee was likely just promoted from the Dippin' Dots stand.

• Like 11

Those who know, dont tell, and those who dont know, tell. This employee was likely just promoted from the Dippin' Dots stand.

That's why I said it will be interesting to see what the announcement will bring.

Edit to correct the typo "Brin" to "bring."

• Like 2

Those who know, dont tell, and those who dont know, tell.  This employee was likely just promoted from the Dippin' Dots stand.

In most cases this is true. But as far as this park goes I wouldn't be surprised if it was accurate. Whoever is in charge of the decision making of what gets added apparently has a hard time keeping it locked down... I knew about Cyclos, Skycatcher, and Up Up and Away long before they were officially announced. It may have had to do with my position in lower management of the ride department but still. Some employees may know.

• Like 4

With the work I'm seeing through photos done on TT, it certainly looks like a RMC job (Topper or Iron Horse).  Though, it could also be that much of the structure needs replacing and it could be going back to its original state.  

• Like 1

What you've said, IBEW_Sparky, is probably very applicable to this situation.....BUT....

When looking at the wording used, to be quite honest, "TT is being removed and KK will get two new coasters next year" sounds to me like saying : TwistedTwins as we know it will be completely overhauled and the two tracks / coasters will be completely new for 2016.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm NOT saying that's what the employee was trying to say, but rather that's what the person who he may or may not have heard it from was trying to say.

Just one way of looking at it....

.....TheBEASTunchained.....Playing with / dissecting words......Again.

• Like 4