Kentucky Kingdom

TT is being removed

NOOOO!!!! Taco Tequila is one of the better food stands in the park, and it only just opened!

Also, the buttons on T3's handles are DEFINITELY actually there for me to press during the ride while going "pew pew pew" and pretending to be a fighter pilot. I don't care if that isn't what the manufacturer says. I reject their reality, and substitute my own!

I recall my seatbelt releasing itself upon return to the station... But it is also possible that I still hadn't quite finished playing with the buttons and I did, in fact, release it myself by pressing the buttons. Rest assured, though, that much like Firehawk, the buttons do NOT release the seat belt if the ride is not stopped in the station.

• Like 9

People from ACE will tell you it was good, because the ACE code of conduct (specifically, section C, number 4) prohibits them from saying otherwise.

One of many reasons I am not a member of ACE.

That's not exactly true:

"When interacting with representatives of the press or media, members are expected to speak enthusiastically about all parks and roller coasters. While members may have strong opinions about certain parks or roller coasters, they are to avoid negative criticism to representatives of the press or media."

ACE had a reputation for going to parks, eating their buffet, and then publicly dumping all over them.  They were trying to change that reputation - and for the most part they have.

Now there is another group that has a reputation for going to the parks, eating their buffets, POVing the rides, and dumping on the parks but their web site has more clout than ACE's so I guess it's okay.

• Like 14

I was going to say.... Im an ACE member (until November) and if I think a coaster is junk, Im going to say its junk, darn the torpedoes.  However, I also have a deep-seated disdain for members of the press and video Media, so I dont talk to any of them as it is.

And yes, BoddaH, maybe the Blobb in question gets away with it, because he is so TWISTYYYYYY!!!

• Like 8

I found a video on YouTube taken by I presume an ACer of Twisted Twins construction well underway. Three interesting points about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzTGvjrceI

- According to someone on the video they have been working on Twisted Twins for about 16 months.

- That same person said that the ride would turn into one single tracked ride instead of a dueling or racing rollercoaster.

- The old Dragsters ride is still their and not torn down.

Kentucky Kingdom Makes Family Friendly Changes:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/life/family/2015/07/15/kentucky-kingdom-makes-family-friendly-changes/30188107/

A "news article" that ends with a call to action on passes? In July?

Is someone behind goals? Again?

And the park PR person drags out last year's breast feeding controversy a year later to talk about change? Really?

• Like 6

So as members of a coaster club attending an event, can we decline to be interviewed or is it required?

You could be filmed at such an event, but you're not going to be interviewed on camera without first agreeing to it.

Note that by entering a park, you're generally granting permission for the use of pictures/video containing you.

• Like 9

Kentucky Kingdom Makes Family Friendly Changes:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/life/family/2015/07/15/kentucky-kingdom-makes-family-friendly-changes/30188107/

A "news article" that ends with a call to action on passes? In July?

Is someone behind goals? Again?

And the park PR person drags out last year's breast feeding controversy a year later to talk about change? Really?

To further muddy the waters, the 2-day ticket deal for $29.99 which has run daily in the IndyStar since May has also been recently airing as a TV ad; what's funny is that while the printed passes do not have an expiration date, the TV ad clearly states at the end that the offer is only good through August 9.  If they're behind in their target #s, why discontinue a pass that may (or may not as the case may be) have worked with several weeks still to go in their season (including the days KK overlaps with the Fair-Aug 20-30).  I'd like to see what happens on Aug 10 when people present the paper passes at the gate.

• Like 6

Have found myself in Louisville today after a comedy of errors this morning/early afternoon. In Louisville, saw two billboards for Holiday World, one for Kings Island's food truck festival, and one for the KY State Fair.

Those other parks have always advertised here. Even in KK's former life there was a Holiday World billboard as you exited the fairgrounds parking lot. As a local I've seen my share of KK advertising this year. Not saying it's good or effective.

Years ago parks like Holiday World probably felt more need to compete. Today's KK isn't the same one from the 90's. It doesn't have the same quality attractions it did in that era, nor the budget for them. While HW was doing budget friendly attractions KK was installing an impressive record breaking B&M. The tables have certainly turned.....

I need to get over the and do T3 before the season is over.

• Like 11

Those other parks have always advertised here. Even in KK's former life there was a Holiday World billboard as you exited the fairgrounds parking lot. As a local I've seen my share of KK advertising this year. Not saying it's good or effective.

Glad there is some advertising for the local area! It was just strange to me that I didn't see any billboards for Kentucky Kingdom, but did for the others. I've seen plenty of KI billboards in Cincinnati, so I thought I would see one for KK. Maybe they are in a different area of town than where I drove?

• Like 1

Glad there is some advertising for the local area! It was just strange to me that I didn't see any billboards for Kentucky Kingdom, but did for the others. I've seen plenty of KI billboards in Cincinnati, so I thought I would see one for KK. Maybe they are in a different area of town than where I drove?

Hart said in one of the interviews that he wouldn't poke into KI's market, Cincinnati included. 

• Like 1

He saw what happened last time Kentucky Kingdom poked into Kings Island's market. An immediate $35,000,000 investment--Action Zone. Premier Parks took that act to Geauga Lake--where it became Six Flags Ohio then Six Flags Worlds of Adventure--annoying Cedar Point--or trying to.

Hart's avoidance of Cinci does show he has at least some humility and sense.

• Like 7