Kentucky Kingdom

Whenever i want a good dose of negativity i make sure to read this thread. so refreshing. 

My favorite was the person talking about how Storm Chaser wasn't really happening because of the bad animation. Just a heads up new track is on site. 

• Like 10

It's not the state fair, but I think the trend is transferable. Our county fair gets worse each year, which causes attendance declines which cuts the budget for next year and is a viscous cycle. The state fair may be similar. Plus the Fair Board has to deal with a vacated Freedom Hall since the KFC YUM! Center now has the basketball team has moved there. It puts the Fair Board in a precarious situation.

On another note, it's miserable at Kings Island. But a bad day here is better than a great day other places!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Freedom Hall is not hurting for dates. They get plenty of conventions and other stuff throughout the year. One reason the basketball team needed to relocate because of competition for dates in November especially.

So T3 is already back down?  For a month?  Am I reading that correct?  How, why?  The ride was "brand new" and up an running for how long?  Makes me wonder if it was truely safe during that period, I mean what would crop up after a few weeks of use on a new ride that was open to the public that would take that long to fix?

• Like 3

From what I've heard it's been closed for a while. If not a month it seems like at least the greater part thereof. I know it's been AT LEAST 2 weeks, I would bet longer. Every time I check their Facebook page there is a post asking if T3 will be open today and the response is always. "T3 is currently undergoing scheduled maintence, for the most up to date information please check our page at www.xxxxxxxx.com". There hasn't been any word on when this "scheduled maintence" will be completed.

• Like 3

And I wonder if attendance records are being set pre-fair? What promotions might be planned for the Fair days?

And those days currently listed for operations after the fair? Will the park be open all those?

The fair carnival--Kentucky Kingdom--the Fair Board? Everything copacetic with no fingers pointing?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

• Like 4

I was at the park today and it was very crowded! Lines moved fairly quickly though but it was HOT! One thing I'd like to see at KI that KK has is the fans scattered around the park! Those are a lifesaver.

Also, only thing I caught today that seemed a little odd is that their sign says they sell derby pie at the swamp themed restaurant. They didn't have any today, but unless it was official Kerns Kitchen...they can't say that.

08f370487971f930099df8957c99bbb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I never had been to KK before this season, so I hate to ask-- was that under Mr. Hart's time there?

Edit: I didn't like the wording I chose. Also, I wanted to ask if Thunder Run was too short to have two trains. That line is ridiculously slow!

I wish it could have two trains. The line moves super slowly, and actually discourages me from riding multiple times. It's a fun ride but not as fun if you have to wait 30+ minutes every time