Kentucky Kingdom

This year's plan calls for the park to stay open a bit longer, however — possibly until 10 p.m. or later to better accommodate the fair crowd. Ultimately, demand will dictate when the park closes.

This just sounds like a recipe for disaster and upset guests. Do any other parks have a rolling closing time that adjust based on demand? I just can't comprehend how that would logistically work without upsetting guests. 

• Like 2

Kentucky Kingdom: Spread the news far and wide that you are open until 10 during the fair, including to the state's premier newspaper--which, when posted, drew a "that's news?" from a poster here. Then tell an obscure business publication, in effect, you'll close when you feel like it.

That's The New Kentucky Kingdom!

• Like 2

The Interpreter, I think you misinterpreted my post. I stated "that's NEW news?" The article you referenced was repeating the same information that was available elsewhere and before.

That's not to mean that I condone having "open" closing times. I think it stinks.

However, having a season pass will likely entice me to make a visit and experience the state fair since I have to pay. Before I had no interest. Now I do since I have pay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

According to Kentucky Kingdom's Facebook page, 2016 season passes are now on sale for $59.95 + tax. New for 2016 will be free soft drinks for season pass holders, instead of the $1 soft drinks that had been the case last year and this year.

Two things to note:

1. Somebody in the comments thread on that post has already complained about THIS thread.

2. This deal, of course, assumes that Kentucky Kingdom will have a 2016 season, which is not guaranteed at this point.

• Like 6

Two things to note:

1. Somebody in the comments thread on that post has already complained about THIS thread.

2. This deal, of course, assumes that Kentucky Kingdom will have a 2016 season, which is not guaranteed at this point.

Just for the record, it was NOT ME!  ;)  I am the underdog in this thread, but I kind of enjoy that.  I am usually on the opposite end of the opinions here, but I don't feel like I have ever been downgraded because of my opinion.  I enjoy the friendships I have been virtually building on this site.

JCGoble3, your point #2 could be said about most things.  I hope the folks who doubt that KK will return next year are wrong because I want to ride Storm Chaser!

• Like 6

I asked this question before it opened about what would be considered a success.

If/when it opens next year that would be its third season. I would count that as success.

For all his good and bad, Hart has managed (it looks like at least) to bring the park back from the grave. It's done more than Americana did when it attempted a revival.

Some days I think of Hart as an unscrupulous dude building the park to sell again.

Other days I feel this park is like the Bailey Savings and Loan trying to stay up to avoid being bought out by Mr Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I love this comment because at the rate there going it might come true

My (joke) prediction for 2018 season pass deals: in addition to the above, you also get free food, you get paid to ride rides, and they'll let you in on a sneak peek of the 2019 new ride before it's formally announced

• Like 2

I was at the park today and it was very crowded! Lines moved fairly quickly though but it was HOT! One thing I'd like to see at KI that KK has is the fans scattered around the park! Those are a lifesaver.

Also, only thing I caught today that seemed a little odd is that their sign says they sell derby pie at the swamp themed restaurant. They didn't have any today, but unless it was official Kerns Kitchen...they can't say that.

08f370487971f930099df8957c99bbb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentucky Kingdom does use Kern's Kitchen Derby Pie.

• Like 4

I went to the State Fair and Kentucky Kingdom this evening.  Here are my impressions:

1. Very light crowds at KK.  Everything I wanted to do, I did and as a walk on, except my first ride on Lightning Run, which was about a 10 minute wait at 5:30pm. 

2.  Crowds in the park were much higher caliber than the ones on the fair midway.  Polite, no cursing loudly, no smoking, etc.

3.  The park was VERY clean and the landscape was impeccable.  I learned about some new to me plants today with the plant ID tags the park has installed.  Grounds were spotless.

4.  Fair was VERY crowded.  Food was very expensive (thing KI prices for food, plus add some!)  Food was good however.

5.  KK looks great at night.  I had never been there after the sun set. 

6.  Thunder Run and  T3 have some pretty nice LED chaser lights.  If I can figure out how to upload from my phone, I will share a picture.

7.  Perfect weather.

8.  Night rides were fun.

9.  Friendly staff.

10.  Fair midway had some nice rides, but some were exactly the same you could ride inside KK.  I think the fair was the clear attendance winner....VERY crowded.

11.  KIngdom Radio had a nice selection of music from many different genres.

This was my last visit of 2015 and was a great one to end on. 

• Like 13