Kentucky Kingdom

To be fair, Kings Island is doing something similar this weekend. Per their Facebook page in two separate post: "This Labor Day weekend there is an extra special reason to visit Kings Island: Dollar Days! Park visitors can enjoy hot dogs, pizza slices, blue ice cream, cotton candy, soft drinks and select Sweet Spot treats and games for only $1 each Saturday, September 5 through Monday September 7." and "One of the best ways to enjoy all of the rides and attractions Kings Island has to offer is with friends. Use your Gold or Platinium season pass this Labor Day weekend, Septermber 5-7, to bring up to four (4) friends for only $19.99 per person!".  One could view this in a similar manner to a BOGO deal as Kings Island's normal gate admission is what, $55?

I'm not a fan of many decisions the park makes but i'm just saying, is there a difference between getting $40 out of one person compared to $20 each out of two people? at the end of the day the parks make the same amount of money regardless of the facade they are using

And I won't argue that point as KI is a far better value for the money compared to KK.  That wasn't what was being debated though. And while the KK deal is essentially good for anyone who walks up. How many will forfeit their season pass entry which cost them nothing just so they can get 2 $20 tickets if it is them and one other person going?

Smart business decision to get as many through the gates before the park closes for the season.  That leads to increased in park spending.

The Interpreter, we disagree again.  Other parks, like Kings Island do exactly the same thing.  And I appreciate it.  Monday, I'll be bringing 2 folks with me for the special pricing at Kings Island.

Now, if they would only extend the hours and season of Kentucky Kingdom....that would be an even smarter business decision in my opinion.

EDIT:  to clarify that I will be going to Kings Island on Monday and not Kentucky Kingdom.

• Like 2

Yes they are both mentioned and speculated as happening and a member said that they were indeed happening.  I could have made the announcement for Cyclos and Up up and Away well before the official announcement as I had already known about them.  From searching the Facebook page the earliest mention of $1 days was last Sunday and the earliest mention of BaF was yesterday.  The earliest email update I received was Wednesday for $1 and nothing about BaF.  it's not an official announcement until the park releases the information to the masses and unfortunately a member on the forum is not an official source and cannot be counted as an advertisement for a deal on behalf of the park before said deal was publicized.

• Like 3

Strange, Mine only mentions Renew pass at Lowest price, Free Admission for fire and police personnel, Park open this Friday night, and Dollar days.  I wonder if its an error in my email not showing everything or if I received an different email.

As for Kentucky Kingdom, I say do whatever they can to pack the place.  It's a great small park that has great coasters and (from what I've been told) a great waterpark.  The park is clean and the landscaping is awesome.  I think what they have done, given what they had, is incredible. 

They have made stumbles, so have other parks.  Most people I have talked to have been impressed.

For myself, Kings Island will be my go to park because it was what I was brought up with.  Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, on the one visit I went, has soured me on SIX properties.  The "new" KK has impressed me and I will continue to supplement KI with it, because it is a nice place to visit that is a little over an hour drive verses almost three hours to KI.

We can disagree and continue to develop friendships on these forums.  I enjoy reading the perspective of others, and hope mine can enrich others. 

I guess the bottom line is:  Will the park be there next season in spite of all the problems that people see with it?  I think so.

• Like 5

Strange, Mine only mentions Renew pass at Lowest price, Free Admission for fire and police personnel, Park open this Friday night, and Dollar days.  I wonder if its an error in my email not showing everything or if I received an different email.

That is odd. I'm not sure? Here's a screen shot of what the top of my email looks like: 

KI%20email.jpg

• Like 1

I'm taking advantage of the $20 admission at KK Sunday, since I've never been there. Then will be getting my 2016 Season Pass for 59.99 w/ all year free drinks and parking.  Monday I might stop up to KI to see some friends, but have a feeling that I won't be able to use my meal plan.  Last year I had to  go outside of the park because every location that took the dining plan was an hour wait for food.

• Like 2

For KK it is more about the final attendance figures for the season than it is for money at this point.  They must hit certain attendance figures with a certain percentage coming from out of state because of the tourism tax breaks/incentives they have received.  Still find it amazing that the Ark Encounter did not receive the same benefits.  Then again it is not located in Louisville.  Just saying.

• Like 1

The Ark Encounter originally got the OK for state tax rebates via the tourism route (by the 4th year of operation, 25% of the total attendance must come from out of state) but because they would require employees to sign a "faith statement"-the state viewed the operation as a ministry rather than a for-profit business.

It's not really the same situation as Kentucky Kingdom, however much I disagree with it.

I guess if I wanted to work at the Ark Encounter, I would not want to espouse a belief that is contrary to my employer.  The AIG folks wanted to, I would guess, prevent employees who would promote opposite views.  Sort of like Kings Island would not want employees who promote (even via non verbal means) boring, bland and lazy days, or fast food service. <_<

My personal opinion:  If AIG runs this operation as a for profit business, it should get tax rebates.  If it is run as a tax exempt ministry, it should not get the tax rebates.

• Like 4

What would happen if someone simply lied and said they were of that religion in order to get the job?

you probably could be terminated for an untrue application...

I'm not a fan of many decisions the park makes but i'm just saying, is there a difference between getting $40 out of one person compared to $20 each out of two people? at the end of the day the parks make the same amount of money regardless of the facade they are using

There is a formula in business (or really basic accounting/business classes) that speak about a rise in attendance/purchase when prices lower and a decrease in purchases when a price increase. 

• Like 3