Kentucky Kingdom

President Wilkie would remind us to wait until Tuesday night. And conservative Justices Brennan and Warren would advise that people's positions can change over time.

That all being said, things look much better for the Kingdom from a Commonwealth perspective today than they did even five months ago.

Now, there appears to be largely the normal operational and fiscal challenges of the typical park facing the Kingdom. Well, that and the greatly reduced capital investments supposedly slated for the future.

• Like 5

Only time will tell, but I don't think that it will matter a hill of beans.  The current democratic governor is not exactly chummy with Ed Hart and partners.  The tax incentives and loans are all within KRS statutes.  However, politics is a messy business so nothing would surprise me.  When I contacted both campaigns, the democratic side did not respond and the republican side responded with (paraphrase) 'Mr. Bevin does not have a specific stand on this issue, however he is pro business and the park does add to the employment base."

• Like 5

Sigh.

I'd give a Kentucky Kingdom tax incentive to know what Mr. Ed Hart is thinking right now. Or Mr. Ed Glasscock. Or Mr. Bruce Lunsford.

Mr. Lunsford ran (unsuccessfully) against Senator McConnell. The Kentucky GOP, much less a highly conservative Matt Bevin, is not amused with Kentucky Kingdom and its Who's Who of The Kentucky Democrat Party ownership.

I highly doubt the park ownership or Louisville politicians are as sanguine as thinking this doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Far, far from it.

The New Kentucky Kingdom, already facing a rocky road, now has a substantially reduced future prospect.

Perhaps when (if?) we go next year, I should bring a GOP legislator, or three, with us.

It would be interesting to see if the park would bar my entry with quite so much bravado as it did in 2015.

• Like 7

Sigh.

I'd give a Kentucky Kingdom tax incentive to know what Mr. Ed Hart is thinking right now. Or Mr. Ed Glasscock. Or Mr. Bruce Lunsford.

Mr. Lunsford ran (unsuccessfully) against Senator McConnell. The Kentucky GOP, much less a highly conservative Matt Bevin, is not amused with Kentucky Kingdom and its Who's Who of The Kentucky Democrat Party ownership.

I highly doubt the park ownership or Louisville politicians are as sanguine as thinking this doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Far, far from it.

The New Kentucky Kingdom, already facing a rocky road, now has a substantially reduced future prospect.

Perhaps when (if?) we go next year, I should bring a GOP legislator, or three, with us.

It would be interesting to see if the park would bar my entry with quite so much bravado as it did in 2015.

The other interesting thought: what does this mean to the Ark Bible Park's tax incentives?
  • Like 2

It was bound to happen in terms of monetary expense.

Look when it comes to pennies and cents aka my tax dollars, I want them spent properly. If a park makes money, it makes money, but if you throw money at it like it is a wishing well, you're loosing valuable dollars that are needed for other Kentucky funds. I want the park to succeed, yet i don't want the state to loose out from it not working correctly. It will be interesting to see the future as it is going to be interesting. Grab the popcorn!

• Like 6

Well I think if things don't go well for the Kingdom, Michigan's Adventure may finally be getting the GT-X everyone has wanted for the park... And maybe... Just maybe... an RMC coaster with the first barrel roll drop in the US may find a new home.

I heard management at MiA had a falling out with Chance, so I wouldn't count on it.
  • Like 1

I wonder if the Kingdom knows that a roller coaster station doesn't have to be 100% the same color. When driving by today I glanced at Storm Chaser while driving and much to my horror I saw a station that no longer resembled that of a Steel Racer but more or less T3. The station, beams, roof, and everything except that bottom part from the previous picture is that terrible red.

• Like 5

Well I think if things don't go well for the Kingdom, Michigan's Adventure may finally be getting the GT-X everyone has wanted for the park... And maybe... Just maybe... an RMC coaster with the first barrel roll drop in the US may find a new home.

I heard management at MiA had a falling out with Chance, so I wouldn't count on it.
For a park that had a "falling out" with Chance they still have a lot of their products including one roller coaster. I count 8 rides atleast(including their D.H. Morgan(now a part of Chance Rides)) that are Chance Rides products. Carowinds on the other hand has one with another two more than were recently removed plus one or two removed in the 80s.

If I had a "falling out" with a company I would be dumping my products of their that would cause me to interact with them.

• Like 1

For a park that had a "falling out" with Chance they still have a lot of their products including one roller coaster. I count 8 rides atleast(including their D.H. Morgan(now a part of Chance Rides)) that are Chance Rides products. Carowinds on the other hand has one with another two more than were recently removed plus one or two removed in the 80s.

If I had a "falling out" with a company I would be dumping my products of their that would cause me to interact with them.

Having a falling out and not doing future business (short or long term) is different than spending thousands if not hundreds of thousands to tear out existing rides over a spat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5