Kentucky Kingdom

Apparently that mall becomes the popular hangout spot for bored youths when the local amusement park is closed. And this isn't even close to Kentucky Kingdom (this mall is on the east side of the Louisville area just north of the eastern interchange of I-264 and I-64, but conveniently straight down US-60 from downtown Louisville - probably easily accessible by bus)

• Like 4

Some of those users are under more anonymous screen names, like you, and are not as well known in the industry as Terpy.

Given my username includes my real last name, and first/middle initials, I still wonder why my 2015 season pass was never mailed to me and I had to go to the season pass center at the park in person three weeks later to get the actual pass printed for me...

• Like 6

While I believe that most of us, individually, wouldn't be turned away like Terpy was, it is only because park management doesn't know who we specifically are. However, there has been negative interest paid in the past to what is said here (unofficially, of course) and I would be really surprised if we publicly plan a trip by many members it would go unnoticed by the powers-that-be of Kentucky Kingdom. It would just be a shame if, because they knew we were coming, they made trouble once we got there.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone went there wearing a KIC t-shirt.

• Like 6

I think, with many other things, season pass processing is an opportunity for the park to work on.  Looking at the parks Facebook page, many people wait long amounts of time.  For my 2015 pass, I waited about two weeks, and this was ok for me because I did not plan to visit since it is a relatively short drive.  I paid for my 2016 pass during the state fair, and got it in the mail in November (I think, I posted about it here.)

The Interpreter evidently is known in the industry and most likely would draw the attention.  The average KICentral user, who is not an insider, probably would not.  I don't think Mr. Hart and his partners look at each pass and compare passholder names to user names on this discussion board.

• Like 2

I don't think many of us would be on their radar.  An industry insider though would absolutely be on their radar, however.  Especially if that person says negative things about the park publicly.  You can't poke a bear and expect him to be nice to you. 

I enjoyed my season pass in 2015 and intend on doing the same in 2016!

• Like 6

I would like to think that the park knows what would happen if they institute a blanket ban on KIC members. Bad word of mouth is a very quick way to kill a business.

If I were kicked out of a park because of what I was wearing (assuming of course that it's modest, follows all rules, etc) you can bet that I'd be telling everyone I know not to visit their park. And while enthusiasts don't make up an appreciable percentage of a park's visitors, they are VERY vocal about their opinions of a park. And the last thing that any park needs is an entire enthusiast group all encouraging everyone they know to stay away from their park. This is doubly true for an enthusiast group like KIC, where the overwhelming majority of the members belong to that precious, precious "out of state" market that they so desperately need.

Word of mouth spreads quickly. I have encouraged people I know to visit Kentucky Kingdom in the past. If I wore a KIC shirt and were kicked out for it, you can bet that my recommendation of the park would end immediately. And excluding myself, I've already gotten three (non-Kentuckian) people through those gates who not only wouldn't have gone without my recommendation, but wouldn't have even known that the park was open again. I don't know if they've recommended it to anyone themselves or not, but if you scorn an entire group of people, you are looking at potentially exponential growth of the number of people angry with your park who won't recommend it to their friends. I don't think they'd do that, but they've never exactly given me any indication that they really know what they're doing, so who knows?

• Like 12

The Interpreter evidently is known in the industry and most likely would draw the attention.  The average KICentral user, who is not an insider, probably would not.  I don't think Mr. Hart and his partners look at each pass and compare passholder names to user names on this discussion board.

I thank your overestimating how many people go to KK

• Like 2

I thank your overestimating how many people go to KK

2014 figures were around  600,000.  How many went in 2015, I have no clue.  I also have  no clue about the number of posters on this discussion board, but I would doubt there would be over 200 since the beginning of the thread.