Kentucky Kingdom

Who could you see buying it Terp?

Someone not very good with due diligence.

After all, Natalie Koch & part of the Koch family bowed out due to the difficulties of dealing with only leased property and The Kentucky State Fair Board. Among what would turn out to be other reasons.

Not to mention the total number of interested bidders excluding Hart & Co. this last time was...zero.

• Like 6

I definitely have to give a big shoutout of thanks to the new media communications / marketing / whatever role they're calling it, person at Kentucky Kingdom.

Whoever is behind this now, there's an obvious difference. More interactions with guests over social media, more updates on the park on social media, presentations at ACE's No Coaster Con, and much more.

I can only assume that Mulchahy was behind the previous dealings of this sort as it seems that not long after he left, the park's online presence to the public and attention paid to enthusiasts, among other target groups, has grown tremendously.

BIG applause to the park for this.

Maybe we're seeing the beginning of good things to come for Kentucky Kingdom!

• Like 9

I find it ironic that KIC has 195 pages of both accolades and criticisms about this park. Kentucky Kingdom would profit HEAVILY if they were to have opportunities to reach out to sites like this. Even though it is criticism, it is also a mode to state that "hey, we care for the well being of the park and want the best.". No one likes to see a park fail, and I think we can all agree that we like to see parks grow and flourish, like Kentucky Kingdom. I have good hope for the park is the PR can improve, as you stated Beast Unchained, there seems to be a new movement with their outreach. I hope that they do more advertising in 2016 as I believe they will need every last visitor from the state. It is time to take the eyes off of everywhere else and to go for the Kentuckians themselves not the external market, as it is Kentucky Kingdom, not Indiana Kingdom. 

• Like 12

Wow! I suppose we all must have our own perspectives on things!

The more RMC coasters that are built, and that I've seen in person, the more the look of them is tending to grow on me. I find RMC's coasters to be quite beautiful pieces of art, and one of a kind at that.

TheBEASTunchained.....floating out to sea in his boat alone......

• Like 9

Fair enough. To me they look like an unfinished office building. Sort of cold...

A wood coaster feels warm and nostalgic while a steel coaster feels cold and adrenaline pumping and space age.

I think for me it's the extra steel around the track during some elements and the big boxy floating(or looks like it's floating) track that gives it the unfinished building feel.

But honestly if it's a great fun ride who cares how it looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Given that KK's current owner isn't investing large sums into the park above and beyond what's required, an increase in the minimum wage I'm guessing would leave Hart to hire fewer park associates.  HW could benefit for those living just across the border looking for steady summer work.

• Like 5

In the pic replied to by Gordon... What stops a nefarious person from throwing something at the riders when they come by. I'm assuming that's a public road...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just observation only on my part, with no measurements to back it up.  The sidewalk is right on the street, there is no utility strip.  The fence is actually fairly high, I would *guess* 10 feet tall.  It would be very hard to hit a train moving at what I assume is at the most fast section of the ride by standing on the sidewalk.

That being said, I hope there are plans to spruce up this area.  The times I went to the park last year, it is very run down and the barbed razor wire looks bad, but it does add safety.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks the park will succeed but still won't be heartbroken if it doesn't?

*EDIT I used the wrong choice of words darn, but what I meant was that I still have in the back of my head that the park could fail, I would be devastated because it's my home park

-Vortex Lover

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3