Kentucky Kingdom

Lightning Run did open on time, but if you knew what it took to make that happen it shouldn't have. We received the first train at the last possible minute and had to do testing through the night to ensure it met its minimum amount of cycles. And although it opened on time it was down more than it was up with computer glitches. Thunder Run had and continues to have problems with its braking system, you think it's supposed to fly halfway into the station like it does before it slows to a stop? I was mainly referring to T3, Enterprise, And Raging Rapids. All of those are main attractions that were promised to open by a certain date and did not.

• Like 8

Same. CP's coaster addition isn't as delicious as an RMC right now. Will it be fun? Absolutely! But just like their last B&M addition, it looked just okay, I was right. I will not be the one to push for a CP trip this year. Maybe in 2017.

Dollywood and Kentucky Kingdom have my money this year.

• Like 2

Interesting... big difference in opinions on how the ride looks. 

Personally I think it looks fantastic. So fantastic that I've actually decided to cancel my CP trip in favor of a second KK/ Holiday World trip. 

What can I say? I love me some RMC.

Hmm....CF may not like that.  KK taking any attendance away from one of their parks due to an RMC.  They might have to do something about that.  Like build something to compete. What park is close enough to build something, has the land, and their last new coaster was in 2014?  Oh wait....... we know how that story ended previously  :(  

• Like 4

Kentucky Kingdom is not big enough to compete with Kings Island...... yet. If it has a good year and can survive that could be a possibility. 

One could look at 1999-2000 at Kings Island, which the 50 Million Dollar expansion was thought of/rumored as a preemptive strike against Six Flags for its plans for a huge expansion at Kentucky Kingdom.

Kings Island could very well if they wanted to add a new rollercoaster or start a huge expansion next year, but the question is, ROI?

Holiday World added a new first of its kind B&M Launched Wing Rider last year. This year Kentucky Kingdom is adding a first of its kind RMC roller coaster, which for those do not know it is RMC's first all steel roller coaster since Twisted Twins had steel supports. Next year? Who knows what Kings Island has up its sleeve.

• Like 2

Hmm....CF may not like that.  KK taking any attendance away from one of their parks due to an RMC.  They might have to do something about that.  Like build something to compete. What park is close enough to build something, has the land, and their last new coaster was in 2014?  Oh wait....... we know how that story ended previously  :(  

Sadly it seems all I do now a days is bash Cedar Fair but I can't help it. Cedar Fair isn't innovative anymore. All they are doing is taking old concepts from the past that work well and are building them taller and faster. In my opinion CF hasn't built anything to write home about since Maverick (maybe Fury but I haven't ridden it yet.) Valravn didn't even make my top 10 most anticipated new rides. This year the only CF park I will be spending time at is KI. And I'll be spending more time at rival parks than ever. 

I really do hope CF invests in RMC. They are absolutely the best coasters on the market right now and I would LOVE to see them at CP and KI. Time to drop B&M for a while as they are getting stale. 

• Like 2

If KK starts to show a good promise of residence and starts to grow in attendance, especially if KI drops, then I've no doubt SOMETHING will be done in attempt to beat KK.. is that a ride? Idk

Last time KK tried to compete with KI we ended up with Action Zone. Granted, that was under a company which likely had a much larger budget, possibly during better economic times, but still.

• Like 3

All RMC's look weird to me, but I can't make a judgmental opinion since I haven't looked at many pictures of this ride. But still, RMC's look weird to me.

I also wanna add this to the reason why CF may never get a RMC?

1600 riders per hour (New Texas Giant)

960 riders per hour (Storm Chaser)

960 riders per hour (Wildfire)

850 riders per hour (Iron rattler)

The only rides that have large capacities are the rides that were once popular. And we don't even know the capacity of their custom created rides such as Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, and Goliath. As for New Texas Giant, I'm not sure I trust that Capacity.

• Like 7

All RMC's look weird to me, but I can't make a judgmental opinion since I haven't looked at many pictures of this ride. But still, RMC's look weird to me.

I also wanna add this to the reason why CF may never get a RMC?

1600 riders per hour (New Texas Giant)

960 riders per hour (Storm Chaser)

960 riders per hour (Wildfire)

850 riders per hour (Iron rattler)

The only rides that have large capacities are the rides that were once popular. And we don't even know the capacity of their custom created rides such as Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, and Goliath. As for New Texas Giant, I'm not sure I trust that Capacity.

The coaster manufacture has nothing to do with capacity (well technically they do but not my point.) Capacity has everything to do with the way the coaster is designed. Just because the recent RMC coasters haven't had the highest capacity doesn't mean that they aren't capable of designing a high capacity ride (and I know that they are.) I can guarantee you if CF would ask for a high capacity coaster RMC would deliver.

Also Cedar Fair's capacity really isn't all that impressive. An RMC with 960 riders per hour would be about on par with most everything at KI right now. It'd be more out of place at Disney or Universal where they're rides that average 2000 + riders per hour.

• Like 1

I think they are probably listing what the capacity would be like if it ran three trains, as of right now they only run 2 trains on any given day, I have been on very crowded days but have yet to see a third train on Adventure Express.

• Like 1

960 riders per hour is fairly poor, majority of the coasters at Kings Island can get up to 1200 or more. Now these numbers are only reached in a perfect world so even tho it is capable of said riders per hour it realistically is probably less than that. Flight of Fear capacity was 2000 at one time when the coaster operated with 4 trains.

The only ride at KI that you can count on actually hitting 1200 riders per hour is Banshee. Diamomdback should be but isn't. Diamomdback and Banshee are the only rides where it's easy to get over 1000. A perfect hour on The Beast would be 1008. But it averages between 800 and 900. So an RMC with 960 and a good crew would be right at home.

Source: I'm a former KI ride opp.

• Like 1

So my question as a guy who likes numbers etc.

It seems that most are making up the numbers the coasters are hitting per hour since no one commenting really knows what they are getting and we only know the hypothetical number at full capacity.

So why if every other ride doesn't hit their max would an RMC? So if Beast's capacity is 1200 and some one here say they can only get 1008 (weird bmnumber). Why would RMC reach its potential. Wouldn't a 960 RMC only get around 700?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So why if every other ride doesn't hit their max would an RMC? So if Beast's capacity is 1200 and some one here say they can only get 1008 (weird bmnumber). Why would RMC reach its potential. Wouldn't a 960 RMC only get around 700?

At that point it really does depend on the crew. For example The Beasts crew last year was really awesome they got close to hitting interval frequently. 

If you were curious The Beast can only get 28 cycles per hour. Times 36 people per train gives you a max of 1008 riders per hour. So a new RMC with 960 max and a good crew should give you roughly the same capacity as The Beast. And once again I can guarantee you RMC can build a higher capacity ride. 

Come on guys let RMC into your heart because THEY ARE AWESOME. 

• Like 2

Having four trains, and RUNNING four trains, are two entirely different things.  The steps to using Wiki, should be A)Dont use Wiki, and B)Revert to step A.  From what I remember from reading previous reliable statements on this site, the fourth train was, and likely still is being used for parts.

Edit, lol, I was writing this at roughly the same time Terpy was writing/posting His response.

• Like 3

Edit-Let's just say my phone didn't load the other replies... even though we know I probably didn't go to the last page..

The coaster NEVER operated on a public day with four trains. At all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_Fear#Kings_Island"] according to Wikipedia it has had 4 trains before, and Kings Dominion's version ran with 3. It would be the only way that coaster could hypothetically be thought to hit 2000 riders per hour.

I was there. The coaster was delivered with four trains. It never operated on a public day with four trains. It was discovered four trains actually reduced capacity.

You go right on trusting Wikipedia, though. Never mind tomorrow said source may be edited to say it ran five...or none.

Wikipedia!

Sigh.

What I was gonna say was that I'm pretty sure Interpreter is a primary source when it comes to KI... ahemm.. he spoke before i could. Oops
  • Like 3