Kentucky Kingdom

I thought the standard for the park was a grade crossing over the road that bisects the park, inside the fairgrounds, as far as wheelchair access between the two sides.

When I was out and about today, I thought about each business I entered.  Of those I entered, only businesses that provided shopping carts had automatic door openers.  Other places (food establishments, Great Clips, Staples, etc.) did not, nor did they have the button.

• Like 3

Just drove by TWO KK billboards in the Indianapolis area advertising the 2 days for $29.95 deal. Its great to see KK going after the Indianapolis area. In years past I have mentioned maybe seeing only one billboard with it being put up after the park has opened. I'm really excited to see what KK has to offer this year. Competition among the parks (no matter what level the parks are on) in the tri-state area is great to see! 

• Like 8

I was fortunate enough to attend media day today and rode Storm Chaser around 20 times. I'm happy to report that KK has a terrific coaster on their hands. I'll post more later, but the barrel roll drop, air hill and corkscrew elements are the highlights. The pacing is great for about 90% of the ride then loses steam at the very end - that will improve with time once the coaster breaks in properly. BTW, UPS was flying in jets directly overhead today - which made for an extra effect. I am very grateful that I was able to attend - the park looked great.

• Like 18

I saw this on Facebook and this thread immediately came to mind.

I just watched that and that's basically what it looks like anyways no edit needed lol. So many UPS planes flying over to land.

• Like 3

Isn't the airport on the other side of I-264 opposite Kentucky Exposition Center and Kentucky Kingdom?

Used to go down to the Mid-America Trucking Show the last weekend of March at KFEC every year with some buddies. Been several years since.

Last time was when Chang (now Green Lantern at NJFTP) was still standing. That's how long it's been since I've been to Louisville.

• Like 5

Isn't the airport on the other side of I-264 opposite Kentucky Exposition Center and Kentucky Kingdom?

Yep, directly on the other side of I-264. If you have the endurance to climb to the top of Deep Water Dive's tower, you can get a really nice view of the airport from there. :)

• Like 2

Yep, directly on the other side of I-264. If you have the endurance to climb to the top of Deep Water Dive's tower, you can get a really nice view of the airport from there. :)

Yes it is, and to be more specific, Runway 17R is about .23 Nautical Miles away directly lined up with Storm Chaser so as you could imagine the planes are about 400ft off the ground as they pass over Storm Chaser so that they land on the threshold.

• Like 5

I'm surprised the FAA allowed Kentucky Kingdom to do it.

I remember last year Cedar Point filed for Valravn and got denied. Eventually it was approved, I believe, after appealing it.

Of course I don't know how far away Cedar Point is from an airport.

• Like 2

I'm not saying it.

I'm not saying it.

Terp -- being good.

I get so confused when it comes to your posts. I guess it is up to us to Interpret?

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the General Public thinks about Storm Chaser.

• Like 3