Kentucky Kingdom

If the Kingdom decided not to ressurrect the Dragsters for 2017, I feel that a Sky Rocket coaster (see Tempesto at BGW and Superman at SFDK) would be amazing there. Something like that would defentely make me want to return for 2017. Then again, so would T3, Cyclos, and getting a chance to ride their older body slides...

EDIT: As for new features, I could see a VR'd Storm Chaser or maybe a small spinning figure 8 coaster.

• Like 1

If the Kingdom decided not to ressurrect the Dragsters for 2017, I feel that a Sky Rocket coaster (see Tempesto at BGW and Superman at SFDK) would be amazing there. Something like that would defentely make me want to return for 2017. Then again, so would T3, Cyclos, and getting a chance to ride their older body slides...

I don't think we would see a Skyrocket ll in that location because (correct me if I'm wrong) they are around 150ft. However it could be downsized but I think that the max height limit in that area is around 100ft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't think we would see a Skyrocket ll in that location because (correct me if I'm wrong) they are around 150ft. However it could be downsized but I think that the max height limit in that area is around 100ft.

Or maybe they could pull an Alton Towers and dig down a bit for some of their attractions!

• Like 3

Or maybe they could pull an Alton Towers and dig down a bit for some of their attractions!

Not only do I think that Ed Hart isn't that smart, but I imagine the fair board would throw a fit over that notion.  

• Like 2

I am someone who doesn't have a problem stepping up and admitting when I am wrong about something, and this seems to be one of those cases.  I genuinely didnt think that KK would make it more than one season under Hart, simply because I felt he was setting it up for a quick flip.  Now, while that may still possibly be the case in the short term, I am impressed and happy for those who enjoy the park, that the attendance figures were as high as they were and a third season looks to be around the corner.

• Like 11

Maybe it's because I'm young, but I don't get this whole bridge thing being a big deal. I'd much rather walk that bridge a few times vs walking to and from Thunderbird one time. On that path you have steep elevation changes along with a considerable distance.

• Like 3

Not only do I think that Ed Hart isn't that smart, but I imagine the fair board would throw a fit over that notion.  

They probably would, just a suggestion. :)

Was sort of half suggesting. :D

I am as well fairly surprised at how good their attendance was.... I was expecting more of the same this year but a 200,000 increase, wow!

Hopefully this means that KK's Future is becoming brighter and brighter.

At least it will for sure be around next year, where I can FINALLY visit the park I have been looking at since Bluegrass Boardwalk was a thing.

• Like 3

Okay, so this is an absolutely ridiculous pipe dream but Liseberg is removing Kanonen, a great little Intamin accelerator, for their 2018 dive coaster. It has a super tight layout and would fit Kentucky Kingdom. Obviously shipping a coaster from Europe is absolutely ridiculous but I would love to have an Intamin Accelerator within 2 hours of me. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Kentucky Kingdom announced there new additions for 2017! They are adding new attractions to the King Louie's Playland. They also hinted at more for 2017. What are your thoughts?

Link: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1320309138003255&substory_index=0&id=150584424975738

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I do believe they are at the part of their plans that they initially projected where spending per year goes way down, so I wouldn't expect a lot of big things in the immediate future.  In my opinion, the main section of the park is fine (like the entrance side of the park and the area immediately surrounding the water park).  I think they should focus on sprucing up the area back by Storm Chaser soon, get the crowds spread just a little more.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...