Kentucky Kingdom

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Going for the first time next Friday!!!  

Any tips/Suggestions?

Have fun!

My advice is to do back to front. If you get there at opening you can cross the crosswalk (you no longer have to use the bridge you can use the crosswalk by Enterprise) back to Storm Chaser (which IMO is actually better in the front) and you could possibly get several rerides

And make sure to do Cyclos (if your into to that type of flat) than once you get the big rides done you can honestly just walk around the park at your own pace. The lines really manage out towards noon.

• Like 1

Thank you! 

I'm really looking forward to this park. Never got to make it when it was Six Flags either. I am really looking forward to Storm Chaser, Thunder Run and Lightning Run. 

Any tips on where to eat, gift shops to check out, etc?

Louie's Fresh Market by Storm Chaser has great sandwiches. Taco Tequila by T3 has great food and a bar if you indulge. Try Kearns Derby pie, I think you can get that at Swamp Water Jack's
My main advice is to not expect a KI or CP experience. Have fun and enjoy it for what it is.

Also, if you don't like road construction, use 264 south and enter off Phillips Lane. I usually park near the cemetery. Take advantage of the out of state admission price.

There is also a nice shop that is associated with ACE that has some cool stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have a deal with Coaster Crew for 2 consecutive tickets with a drink wrist band for $20 so we'll be doing it pretty cheap! 

Thanks for the headsup on construction...will have to pull it up on GPS to figure out which way we're going and how to avoid! :D 

From what I've read here and have been told from folks, I'm not expecting a lot but I know we'll have fun either way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chugh43 said:

How does parking work for the Kingdom? Cost?

I haven't had to pay for parking with my season pass, but I think it is $8.00.  It is not controlled by KK, the fair board controls the parking lot.  There is no preferred parking.  Other than that, it is pretty much the same as any other park.  Just be advised that the park will direct you to the fair board if there is a parking issue.

• Like 3

As for actual advice, KK is kind of set up to do whatever at you leisure.  I spend time wondering around and riding whatever I felt like and still got a lot done including hitting the 4 main coasters multiple times (sans T3, not that great a coaster IMO).  Just try not to traverse the bridge too much.  Lots of climbing involved, though, there is a crosswalk below it.  Also be forewarned- the water park side of the park makes no sense from a logical path point of view. 

• Like 6

On my back from CP today, I saw a KK billboard in Cincy, on I-75 north of downtown.

A few minutes later, as I was listening to WHAS (a Louisville radio station), Ed Hart was interviewed.  The host was making jokes about him being the king of the Kingdom and Mr. Hart repeatedly said that the praise goes to the 1400 team members.  I thought that was pretty nice of him to say that.

• Like 9

Hey chugh,. Don't leave Nicorette mini lozenges in your front shirt pocket when riding Lightening Run...they will eject out of your pocket in slow motion rather clumsily in front of your face and you will not be able to grab them.  You will look like a clown shoe grasping futily and wishing you didn't forget about them for some reason.

Probably goes for other objects too.

Edit: 

Crap.  My advice was Ill-fated...you already went.  Did you enjoy yourself?  Lose anything?

I had a great first time last year.  My first RMC. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went for my first visit this season yesterday.  Thoughts:

1.  Overall, park looks really nice.  Landscaping is nicely maintained.  Signs and buildings are upkept well.  I wish they would reroof the buildings at the front entrance.  I think the entire  entry plaza needs a facelift.  Looks very blah.

2.  Thunder Run:  The drink station in the moonshine shack is a great addition.  The  new PTC train-meh,  although the stadium-style seating is nice.  The retracking included new ledgers.  This part of the ride was butter smooth.  Let's hope this is a multi-year project.  The airtime is still insane--for those of you whom have met me, youo know I am not a tiny man, and I bet I was 4" off my seat.  Ride operations were horrible--I'd estimate about ten minutes per dispatch.  The operators really had no sense or urgency.

3.  Storm Chaser:  Still a great ride.  The wildflowers have filled in nicely.  Louie's Fresh Market was still closed! Operations were good and quick, but they were only running one train.  They need to build this area out more, which I think they will because over towards Eye of the Storm, they have the "fun under construction" signs on the fence.  I was surprised they did not have a marquee sign for EotS.

4.  T3:  Actually had a great ride.  Did not make me nauseous and my legs weren't squeezed to the point of falling off.  Longest coaster wait at the park, but the dispatches were fairly quick.

5.  Lightning Run:  Great ride.  Once the protein spill was handled (why should it take 30 minutes to clean this up, not counting the two empty train cycles--it sucks cleaning vomitus, but like everything else, it happens.),operations were speedy.

6. Food:  Great food at great prices.  Free drinks!  Great flatbread pizza.  The souvenir bottle (who would want that, but I guess people still do!) is only like $5.50 with a season pass with $1 refills.

7.  Service:  I had two employees strike up conversation while I was walking on midways.  Although ride ops were at times slow (TR, I am looking at you!), they were all very friendly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtro223 said:

I went for my first visit this season yesterday.  Thoughts:

1.  Overall, park looks really nice.  Landscaping is nicely maintained.  Signs and buildings are upkept well.  I wish they would reroof the buildings at the front entrance.  I think the entire  entry plaza needs a facelift.  Looks very blah.

2.  Thunder Run:  The drink station in the moonshine shack is a great addition.  The  new PTC train-meh,  although the stadium-style seating is nice.  The retracking included new ledgers.  This part of the ride was butter smooth.  Let's hope this is a multi-year project.  The airtime is still insane--for those of you whom have met me, youo know I am not a tiny man, and I bet I was 4" off my seat.  Ride operations were horrible--I'd estimate about ten minutes per dispatch.  The operators really had no sense or urgency.

3.  Storm Chaser:  Still a great ride.  The wildflowers have filled in nicely.  Louie's Fresh Market was still closed! Operations were good and quick, but they were only running one train.  They need to build this area out more, which I think they will because over towards Eye of the Storm, they have the "fun under construction" signs on the fence.  I was surprised they did not have a marquee sign for EotS.

4.  T3:  Actually had a great ride.  Did not make me nauseous and my legs weren't squeezed to the point of falling off.  Longest coaster wait at the park, but the dispatches were fairly quick.

5.  Lightning Run:  Great ride.  Once the protein spill was handled (why should it take 30 minutes to clean this up, not counting the two empty train cycles--it sucks cleaning vomitus, but like everything else, it happens.),operations were speedy.

6. Food:  Great food at great prices.  Free drinks!  Great flatbread pizza.  The souvenir bottle (who would want that, but I guess people still do!) is only like $5.50 with a season pass with $1 refills.

7.  Service:  I had two employees strike up conversation while I was walking on midways.  Although ride ops were at times slow (TR, I am looking at you!), they were all very friendly.

I'd agree with your #1.....the front is very blah and not much says "hey the front of the park is over here."

As for 2.....I thought Thunder Run was really bland. 

For 3...there is a small sign next to the bleachers....why?!? lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FoF96" said:

I thought the Kingdom was supposed to announce its 2018/19 additions this spring... it's officially summer. I wonder if the plans fell through.

I heard at some point this summer...

Spoke with some really awesome employees on my visit and they had stated that Ed Hart is at the park every day. They also said that he wanted to add at least 2 more roller coasters in the near future.

• Like 1