Kentucky Kingdom

There is a morning show video that features Ed Hart and other KK managers that is posted on their website.  Finally got an answer as to why the waterpark is ringed with drypark attractions:  Ed Hart is from New York and he took inspiration from Coney Island (New York) with coasters near the beach.  Makes sense in theory, but I have never been to NY CI, so I will have to take his word.  ;)

• Like 4

The only pain I had on T3 was getting stapled even though I let the bar have some distance between my legs.  Its that much of a positive g beast.  My legs nearly had the circulation cut off. 

No it's the bad bump after the first drop that causes the restraint to buckle down and cut off the circulation. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I know its a small thing but Saturday in the waterpark Ed Hart was with somebody inspecting a water slide and people were dropping tubs off the slide tower. A Lifeguard started going towards them and Ed waved her off and proceeded to grab the tubes and take them back to the place where there stored one by one. I thought that was really nice of him!

• Like 6

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:48 AM, Oldiesmann said:

Is Deluge at Hurricane Bay ever open? I visited yesterday and it was closed. It was also closed when I visited a year ago. Maybe it's just bad luck?

On a more positive note, my niece and I got a zen ride on Sun and Moon yesterday...

Yes. I rode it in 2014 and it was a blast (pun intended!). However, it did break down on my first attempt to ride (got to ride it on my second attempt that day), so it could be temperamental....

• Like 3

So some things have been happening at the Kingdom

First off a person got his pass revoked because he had his phone out on a ride LINK: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2017/06/14/louisville-man/396323001/. I agree that actions should be taken over people having there phones out. However judging off of comments many of the GP dont agree and said he doesn't deserve that and that there should be no problem with taking your phone out and that they would no longer be spending money at the park. But the person who did it admits it was a safety issue so thats alright I guess?

The second incident is where a group of bullies assaulted a teenage girl. She said that there as been a past with that group. The group of bullies got there passes taken away and the victims mothers got hers taken away to after sprinting at the gate to attack one of the kids who attacked her daughter.

LINK: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2017/06/14/15-year-old-girl-assaulted-kentucky-kingdom-mother-kicked-out-retaliating-aginst-bullies/397471001/

I really don't get this at all. The park says plenty of times that loose articles are not allowed and they have bins on every ride. The ops will also take something to the bins if requested. So now the Kingdom is being blamed on this even tough there is signs everywhere saying loose articles are NOT allowed.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FoF96" said:

So.  Should we assume that there will be no announcement this year since it was due in late April/early May?

Did they say specifically it was going to be in late April/early May?

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

So how is Thunder Run with the new train?

I never rode with the old...however, I'd say Thunder Run was very bland to me. When @NoChickens, @Mrs. No Chickens and I rode it, it felt so slow and felt as if we were going to valley. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Did they say specifically it was going to be in late April/early May?

We were told at the Keys to the Kingdom tour in late March by Ed Hart himself that the announcement would be in either April or late May (not early May as they didn't want the news to get lost in the Kentucky Derby coverage). Seems that plan fell apart.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

We were told at the Keys to the Kingdom tour in late March by Ed Hart himself that the announcement would be in either April or late May (not early May as they didn't want the news to get lost in the Kentucky Derby coverage). Seems that plan fell apart.

Ahh! To me, it makes it seem too silly to announce that early. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, TheRickster said:

How busy does KK get on Sundays? I don't think I'm going to make it this week so if I go this year it'll be a Sun.

Sundays are weekends, so it's one of their busier days, but the fortunate thing is that they only have a handful of really popular rides, so you should still have lots of time to ride everything you want regardless of how crowded it is.

I've seen rides have full queues and then not even two hours later be station waits, so it can also change pretty dramatically as the day progresses.

• Like 1

How busy does KK get on Sundays? I don't think I'm going to make it this week so if I go this year it'll be a Sun.

It depends, some days its packed and some days crowds are light. I say expect a moderate crowd (at least thats my experience). Also another thing to keep in mind is that JCPS has started school is very close to starting. I don’t have a definite answer

I try to make it out every week or two but I usually don’t go on weekends  

Edit: Sorry Homestar didn’t see your comment but your dead on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homestar92 said:

Sundays are weekends, so it's one of their busier days, but the fortunate thing is that they only have a handful of really popular rides, so you should still have lots of time to ride everything you want regardless of how crowded it is.

I've seen rides have full queues and then not even two hours later be station waits, so it can also change pretty dramatically as the day progresses.

Yeah, Sundays are typically not as busy as Saturdays in amusement parks. So we will see. I might just wait until next year. I'll see how work goes.

• Like 1