Kentucky Kingdom

Yeah, Sundays are typically not as busy as Saturdays in amusement parks. So we will see. I might just wait until next year. I'll see how work goes.
If it helps make your decision, every trip to KK that I have ever made has been on a Saturday and I've never felt like I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do. Do in a Sunday, you should be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 1:35 AM, TheRickster said:
Yeah, Sundays are typically not as busy as Saturdays in amusement parks. So we will see. I might just wait until next year. I'll see how work goes.

If your going during the fair keep in mind that both fair weekends KK is open they are bought out on Sunday.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jtro223 said:

Thanks @jtro223! I have a second part to that one which deals with a review of the park itself: http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/2017/09/kentucky-kingdon-six-years-later-part-2.html

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the Last Rides event at KK yesterday.  Looks like The Enterprise is definitely leaving this time.  Ed Hart talked about Thunder Run quite a bit during his Q&A at lunch.  (The rides I had on it yesterday were some of the roughest I have had on it.)  Storm Chaser, however, was running better than I have ever experienced it.  They have tweaked some things, so they are getting much better life on the wheels.  Midways were crowded.  Hurricane Bay was still open and had modest crowds.  Attendance is up over last year, but specifics were not mentioned.  Overall a great day.  They really do good events there.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

I went to the Last Rides event at KK yesterday.  Looks like The Enterprise is definitely leaving this time.  Ed Hart talked about Thunder Run quite a bit during his Q&A at lunch.  (The rides I had on it yesterday were some of the roughest I have had on it.)  Storm Chaser, however, was running better than I have ever experienced it.  They have tweaked some things, so they are getting much better life on the wheels.  Midways were crowded.  Hurricane Bay was still open and had modest crowds.  Attendance is up over last year, but specifics were not mentioned.  Overall a great day.  They really do good events there.

No hints at future attractions?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chugh43 said:

No hints at future attractions?

He confirmed that 2019 is the parks 30th season/anniversary (can't remember the exact wording he used).  He also mentioned the 220 height limit.  That's about it.  When we did the tour, he was seen with notebook in hand talking to a couple of people.  Evidently he does this a lot per our tour guide.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I visited Kentucky Kingdom for the first time this year and in total three times this year and it is one great park. I truly loved the place. Its such an oddly quirky place that feels all great and awesome. Has a nice theme park and a great waterpark and a park that if I am doing both parks that I may run out of time before the end of the day trying to ride everything. Ed Hart has done some great things with this place and I cant wait to come back. 

Here are some pictures I took on 7/5, 7/23 and 8/7/2017

DSCN1039.JPG

DSCN0670.JPG

DSCN0916.JPG

DSCN0590.JPG

DSCN0956.JPG

DSCN1034.JPG

DSCN1035.JPG

DSCN1036.JPG

DSCN1077.JPG

DSCN2314.JPG

DSCN2349.JPG

DSCN2362.JPG

DSCN2376.JPG

DSCN0983.JPG

DSCN1013.JPG

DSCN1068.JPG

DSCN2340.JPG

DSCN2336.JPG

DSCN2339.JPG

DSCN2341.JPG

DSCN2358.JPG

DSCN2360.JPG

DSCN2392.JPG

DSCN2393.JPG

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be interesting additions. The Zamperla Endeavor is pretty sweet!  The Rock'nRoller will be interesting if it's that size/style...they've already got a music express type ride. 

The 4D movies are interesting to say the least. I don't really know how the public will respond as they aren't as well known as Wizard of Oz and The Angry Birds. 

• Like 1

This kind of has to do with Kentucky Kingdom,  I was wondering about the Enterprise 2G and what might be causing people to not purchase it since the original was bought by many parks.  I came across this in the description on HUSS’ website speaking of the original. “The classic ENTERPRISE is one of the most successful HUSS® rides ever built. It enjoyed huge success during the 70s, 80s and 90s, with more than 75 attractions being sold worldwide. Nearly all of these rides are still in operation, clear proof of the high quality of HUSS® rides.”  That last sentence made me laugh very loud as these things seem to be coming down left and right. Maybe parks don’t have confidence in reliability since they are claiming the originals to be reliable?

Edit: it looks like the one at KK lasted 27 years, what is the average shelf life for a “reliable” high thrill flat ride?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Kentucky Kingdom and Reddit's r/rollercoasters I stumbled upon this teaser trailer. The trailer is quite vague and leads to many questions. However, a few facts can be drawn from the trailer... 

1. There appears to be a change from black and white into crisp color, there numerous video clips stretching from aerial views of the park, coaster POV's and dining options.
  2. Dramatic and climatic music plays throughout the trailer. 
  3. A voice over states "You may know who I am", "You may not know who I am"... "You may know where I am", "You may not know where I am"..."But you will soon".

Let the 2019 teasing begin! Are you ready for it?

• Like 2

On 11/28/2017 at 9:27 PM, rcwizard13 said:

Based on the description it seems that video is just an introduction to new videos, or vlogs as they call it.

You would be correct. The video description on YouTube is "Introduction to Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay's Vlog! New videos coming soon!"

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Bringing back the thread, what do you think Kentucky Kingdom should get for their next coaster? 

I personally think the park should get a dive coaster. Though Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are great rides, a dive coaster would draw in huge crowds to the park. Plus they're pretty tall, and thrilling so I think the GP would love one, even if its just like all the other dive coasters out there. Plus they're compact so KK could definitely make it fit.

• Like 1

Bringing back the thread, what do you think Kentucky Kingdom should get for their next coaster? 
I personally think the park should get a dive coaster. Though Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are great rides, a dive coaster would draw in huge crowds to the park. Plus they're pretty tall, and thrilling so I think the GP would love one, even if its just like all the other dive coasters out there. Plus they're compact so KK could definitely make it fit.

I think they will get a hyper. I'd like to see T3 replaced with a newer invert. I'd like a GCI. Finally, TREX would be pretty cool. Finally, I know it's not a coaster, but I'd love to see expanded entertainment offerings and a revamped entry plaza.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

I think they will get a hyper. I'd like to see T3 replaced with a newer invert. I'd like a GCI. Finally, TREX would be pretty cool. Finally, I know it's not a coaster, but I'd love to see expanded entertainment offerings and a revamped entry plaza.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I'd love to see all of those things but I don't know how realistic that would be. They're pretty landlocked and their water park takes up a lot of space. I don't know if a hyper could fit in such a small park unless they squeezed  one around the park's perimeter or just bought more land from the surrounding area. 

If expansion is an issue I could see a raptor and a dive fitting in nicely, a small invert like Talon at Dorney would be a good T3 replacement, and they could even try and go for an Intamin Impulse coaster. They could put in a very compact wooden coaster if they really wanted to, think Switchback from Gravity Group. 

Now that I think about it, this sounds like a pretty sick lineup, assuming they want more coasters.

• Like 2

I'd love to see all of those things but I don't know how realistic that would be. They're pretty landlocked and their water park takes up a lot of space. I don't know if a hyper could fit in such a small park unless they squeezed  one around the park's perimeter or just bought more land from the surrounding area.  If expansion is an issue I could see a raptor and a dive fitting in nicely, a small invert like Talon at Dorney would be a good T3 replacement, and they could even try and go for an Intamin Impulse coaster. They could also remove Thunder Run and put in a very compact wooden coaster, think Switchback from Gravity Group.  Now that I think about it, this sounds like a pretty sick lineup, assuming they wanted all those coasters.

Ed was talking about how they still had around 120 acres to expand on. He also mentioned the height limit which is around 215 near Skycatcher. He stated that it was being saved for the next attraction and winked. This was during the last rides speech.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Vortex lover said:

Ed was talking about how they still had around 120 acres to expand on. He also mentioned the height limit which is around 215 near Skycatcher. He stated that it was being saved for the next attraction and winked. This was during the last rides speech.

So to the left in the picture? Yeah they could it in a L shaped hyper in that area

large kk.PNG

• Like 1

The vacant lot between the waterpark/Skycatcher, and the hotel at the 11:00 position is owned by the fair board is available for expansion, as of the last event I went to.  Also, tying into this plot and wrapping around the perimeter near the large theater and rapid ride over to Storm Chaser--fair board owns most of this land and is not renewing leases as they expire.

• Like 2

The vacant lot between the waterpark/Skycatcher, and the hotel at the 11:00 position is owned by the fair board is available for expansion, as of the last event I went to.  Also, tying into this plot and wrapping around the perimeter near the large theater and rapid ride over to Storm Chaser--fair board owns most of this land and is not renewing leases as they expire.

They are also waiting to buy the land by Mile High Falls

• Like 2