Kentucky Kingdom

I don’t mean to mock them,  but their entire operating plan is based on the Holiday World model... they literally send people there to get info and then bring it back to use for themselves.  It’s no surprise they are using a marketing technique that was recently used by another successful park (Kings Island).   

My first guess is a Zamperla Air Race.  Since the new ride for 2018 was a Endeavor from Zamperla this feels likely.

The other ride that comes to mind is a Gerstlauer Sky Roller.  The only one in North America is at Canada’s Wonderland so it would be more unique, but I think the Zamperla is a lot more likely.

• Like 2

The more that I think about it, the more I see Firehawk coming to Kentucky Kingdom.

First refer to a comment I made on the "Kings Island Confirms Removal of Coaster" Thread

Kentucky Kingdom released the name of their new attraction but didn't specify what exactly was coming to the park- in comparison Kings Island confirmed that a coaster was leaving but didn't say which one. This leads me to speculate that the announcements will go hand in hand where KI announces that Firehawk will leave then Kentucky Kingdom will make a full announcement for Kentucky Flyer.

In addition, Firehawk is a double used coaster so I'm sure a price could be negotiated that was suitable for both companies. The distance from KI to KK is literally under two hours away so shipping won't be as strenuous or costly as buying a brand new coaster and having it shipped. It will still be an old KI coaster so KK might draw in some Cincinnatians, and other KI fans that might feel nostalgic. Kentucky Kingdom gets a new, unique coaster, and Kings Island gets more land and loses all the maintenance issues Firehawk had over the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

The more that I think about it, the more I see Firehawk coming to Kentucky Kingdom.

First refer to a comment I made on the "Kings Island Confirms Removal of Coaster" Thread

In addition, Firehawk is a double used coaster so I'm sure a price could be negotiated that was suitable for both companies. The distance from KI to KK is literally under two hours away so shipping won't be as strenuous or costly as buying a brand new coaster and having it shipped. It will still be an old KI coaster so KK might draw in some Cincinnatians, and other KI fans that might feel nostalgic. Kentucky Kingdom gets a new, unique coaster, and Kings Island gets more land and loses all the maintenance issues Firehawk had over the years.

The maintenance cost of Firehawk alone is more than KK’s entire steel coaster budget.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Does Kentucky Kingdom even have a large plot of land to fit Firehawk in if it were to be the ride being moved there?  My gut would be that Kentucky Kingdom is NOT going to get Firehawk.  (The Flying Dutchman at Kentucky Kingdom is the one that used to operate at Kings Island from 1973 through 1990).

• Like 2

It's no secret that the fair board has land available for park expansion...most notably the flat spot between the water park and the hotels, near where the Starflyer is. I think the height limit is around 200 feet here. Also, between there and Storm Chaser, there is plenty of land, and as we've been told, as businesses leases expire, the fair board is leaving open for park expansion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If its not Firehawk, I'd be interested to see what it is. Its not confirmed as a coaster because KK replied to a tweet saying "how's saying its a flat ride?" so anything is possible. If it a coaster, I'd be curios as to what kind. When I think of the word "flyer" I think of a flying coaster, a wing coaster, or possibly an invert (which would seem redundant right now considering they already have one.)

I'd seriously laugh my @$$ if KK got a B&M Flyer, especially after their competitor just got rid of their own flying coaster model. 

I also looked on Jefferson County's register and found nothing concerning a 2019 project. @fryoj, @Old_Bearcat might be able to find something

15 hours ago, Kenban said:

This video was released on the 18th and Kentucky Kingdom started teasing the Kentucky flyer ride on the 21st.  I would guess this before Firehawk.

EDIT: They started teasing on the 14th, the name was announced on the 21st.

I think this could work in the best Kids and Family Park i  the Country right at Kings Island with a highly themed Peanut seasons dark ride spring summer then the peanuts halliween christmas

The only place that a Zamperla Volare belongs is the footnotes of a theme park history book. They are the worst coasters on the planet. I would rather marathon Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags over Georgia or Predator at Darien Lake in exclusively wheel seats than to take even a single ride on one of those pieces of hot garbage.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

What kind of park does a press release on a Sunday night in the fall?

Kentucky Kingom

Also, another piece of evidence that could support the Firehawk relocation theory is that Kentucky Kingdom basically copied #whatsintheshed with #whatsinthewind which hints a possible link between the two parks. That or KK is just lazy with their marketing.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, silver2005 said:

What kind of park does a press release on a Sunday night in the fall?

Kentucky Kingdom.

Where Else? Oh, wait...

23 hours ago, Kenban said:

Kentucky Kingdom set the announcement for Sunday so we will know soon, but I figured I would give another option, also from Zamperla the Volare.

[video]

At 0:12 seconds....It's always hilarious to watch unsuspecting GPer's get on something like a Zamperla Flyer, or a Vekoma SLC....and them smiling and probably thinking "This looks fun!"

And they even know idea what they've gotten themselves into!

• Like 1

Still wondering when the announcement is going to occur, they stated Sunday night but did not give a time and it is already after 8 PM.  

There is someone on the parks Facebook page claiming they know it is Firehawk with track modifications.  I would be very surprised if it is true but it is always possible.