Kentucky Kingdom

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

They already have the newest trains for t3

The current trains that they have are from a third party company called KumbaK and not Vekoma. 

Vekoma has official trains with vests now, I remember reading about a park in Europe getting them for their SLC in 2021, not sure when they became available so not sure if any SLC is running them, but from what I have seen they look comfortable.

I would not be surprised to see the park get the official trains from Vekoma, and could easily see them rename the coaster at the same time to go from T3 to T4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 1:52 AM, FoF96" said:

But like...what is the purpose in replacing 3-4 year old trains?  Unless Vekoma is giving them for free I highly highly doubt they’d pay to replace already new trains 

Yep... and that would be a HUGE investment for a park like that. 

What was the T4 train receiving for Keys to the Kingdom? 

I have no idea how their financial have done this year, but they certainly did seem to take advantage of every day they could open.

Risky to offer a deal to "new" 2020 passholders that is only good for this year while others who bought before Memorial Day get 2021 included.  But then they lowered the 2021 price by $10.  Tey can be much more nimble that a park having a corporate structure.

5 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

You mean the massive amounts of land clearing??

The only things I saw were outside the traditional park boundary, and that really wasn't clearing, it was earth moving.  Somebody said that it might be for a parking lot, but I can't remember who or the validity.

Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

The only things I saw were outside the traditional park boundary, and that really wasn't clearing, it was earth moving.  Somebody said that it might be for a parking lot, but I can't remember who or the validity.

I didn’t see any sort of construction activity at KTTK, let alone any major land clearing. My comment was drenched in sarcasm :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

I didn’t see any sort of construction activity at KTTK, let alone any major land clearing. My comment was drenched in sarcasm :ph34r:

I forgot to add--this was in my July visit.  

At KTTK, did you at least uncover anything about leaked plans by the city of Louisville to upgrade water lines in the area? ;)

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2020 at 3:51 AM, purdude86 said:

Agreed a Raptor coaster would be great. And an off the shelf model would probably keep cost down more. It would be an amazing and affordable coaster for a park like KK and their smaller size would also help with the riders per hour.

A raptor would be great. I also think they could get an S&S 4d freespin and a Premier Sky Rocket II. I know this is the Six Flags route but they're compact, affordable coasters. I know Ed Hart doesn't care for launched coasters but I wonder if he'd open to something fron Premier. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/3/2020 at 11:39 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I know Ed Hart doesn't care for launched coasters but I wonder if he'd open to something fron Premier. 

Ed Hart doesn't care for coasters at all... well, riding them, that is.  ;-) He liked what they did to help drum attendance.

However, as widely reported, KK did cancel their RMC Raptor.  I can confirm they were going to get one.  However, from what I've been told, there's a major jaw-dropping change brewing at the park that circumvented.  Time will tell, stay tuned.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Ed Hart doesn't care for coasters at all... well, riding them, that is.  ;-) He liked what they did to help drum attendance.

However, as widely reported, KK did cancel their RMC Raptor.  I can confirm they were going to get one.  However, from what I've been told, there's a major jaw-dropping change brewing at the park that circumvented.  Time will tell, stay tuned.

Yes, Screamscape is reporting it as well. 

2 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I wonder if it could be something like Ed Hart selling the park again to Six Flags and would that really be all that jaw dropping? I'm also a little surprised we haven't heard anything about a Keys to the Kingdom 2 since its sorta tied to the Holiwood Nights event. Anybody remember when it was announced last year. Considering Holiday World went ahead and announced their plans last month and put tickets on sale it would be nice to know Kentucky Kingdom's plans.

That suuuuuuuuucks!  I went to KK for the first time on Labor Day, and while it honestly isn't a bad park at all, I left that early evening with the feeling "OK, there is Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, annnnnddd then everything else".  I started hearing about the Raptor project and was quite excited and looking forward to it.  Again, I did enjoy the trip, and its only an hour and 20 from my house, but it's easier for me to justify multiple trips to "day parks" when there are three great things to keep me happily occupied rather than two.  Im going to be astounded if my prediction from years back is actually transpiring now, though Id also be very puzzled as to why he would do it NOW, when the park is doing well..... or is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

That suuuuuuuuucks!  I went to KK for the first time on Labor Day, and while it honestly isn't a bad park at all, I left that early evening with the feeling "OK, there is Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, annnnnddd then everything else".  I started hearing about the Raptor project and was quite excited and looking forward to it.  Again, I did enjoy the trip, and its only an hour and 20 from my house, but it's easier for me to justify multiple trips to "day parks" when there are three great things to keep me happily occupied rather than two.  Im going to be astounded if my prediction from years back is actually transpiring now, though Id also be very puzzled as to why he would do it NOW, when the park is doing well..... or is it?

My first visit to this park I was very underwhelmed. Second visit was for Keys to the Kingdom this past Aug. My opinion on that park took a total 180. If they had the right coasters that would be the number one event in the country easy. They have amazing food and a really good waterpark. They have 2 really good coasters in Lightning Run and Storm Chaser. 2 more that aren't bad. Booze all over the park if you are into that. It would be a shame if he sold it again because I don't even know who if anybody would be a good fit to buy it. The 2 that come to mind, The owners of Holiday World and Dollywood would turn it into more of a family friendly park than it is right now and I do not want that.

I was certainly not disappointed in the park... as I said it is a good day park with a nice group of rides... and the water park looked like a good one for those who are into them, I noticed that as I walked along the edge of it on my way to Kentucky Flyer.  The Koch interest came and went years ago, and Herschend wouldn't touch it... or any other acquisition for that matter.... in the current economic climate and with venues under their current level of restrictions.   There are a dozen things at least that could constitute "jaw-dropping change".... I am putting that in because I know on sites like this a simple spray paint mark can within minutes turn into "gGiGa CoNfIrMeD"... and I am just basically thinking out loud in my "Could I actually have been right, albeit a few years late?" theory.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

and Herschend wouldn't touch it... or any other acquisition for that matter.... in the current economic climate and with venues under their current level of restrictions.

Are you sure about that?

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/money/2020/11/24/dollywood-new-president-looks-to-expansion-smoky-mountain-cabins-dreammore-res/6405205002/

After 10 years of leading The Dollywood Company, president Craig Ross will return to Herschend Family Entertainment, Dollywood's operating partner, in a new role and new group.

Industry veteran Eugene Naughton, currently vice president of Dollywood parks operations, will take over as president. 

As chief operating officer of the new Herschend Growth and Opportunity Group, Ross will support the acquisition of new theme parks, attractions, aquariums and investment partners. 

1 hour ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

I was certainly not disappointed in the park... as I said it is a good day park with a nice group of rides... and the water park looked like a good one for those who are into them, I noticed that as I walked along the edge of it on my way to Kentucky Flyer.  The Koch interest came and went years ago, and Herschend wouldn't touch it... or any other acquisition for that matter.... in the current economic climate and with venues under their current level of restrictions.   There are a dozen things at least that could constitute "jaw-dropping change".... I am putting that in because I know on sites like this a simple spray paint mark can within minutes turn into "gGiGa CoNfIrMeD"... and I am just basically thinking out loud in my "Could I actually have been right, albeit a few years late?" theory.

I wasn't around a few years ago on these forums. What theory are you refering to?

So if it is a chain there are probably three logical choices:

Cedar Fair: While selfishly it would be great to have another Cedar Fair park two hours from my house, at best it would be Michigan's Adventure where they weren't investing in it much or at worst it would be Geauga Lake.

Six Flags: Obviously SIX left them high and dry last time.  During an ACE event I attended back in 2018 the workers were talking about Six Flags destroying the coaster operating systems which KK had to add new when Ed Hart and company bought it. SIX is not the same group it was at that time but I'd be surprised if they went that route and resold it to SIX.

Herschend: They are probably the most intriguing because they could turn it into a great park and give KI the most competition which would be good for the growth of KI as well.

I could see Ed Hart and company cashing out now with so much uncertainty in the world.