Kentucky Kingdom

On 4/9/2024 at 8:56 PM, Taylor.B03 said:

New for 2025, Michigan's Adventure newest racing roller coaster Thunderhawk^2!

Well, the original T-hawk would get far more riders as Thunderhawk is far superior to T3.

2 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

I forget the exact location online, but the listing for the coaster says "reserved." Someone apparently is buying it. 

I wonder if Gene, who purchased IB, got it for one of his parks?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StormChaser97 said:

They are indeed taking the atrocity down gently. I can’t imagine this going anywhere else in the HFE chain… this addition is far beneath Dollywood and Silver Dollar City. Wild Adventures already has an SLC in Twisted Typhoon. They are most likely looking to sell this off to an unfortunate buyer haha 

IMG_0911.webp

IMG_0910.webp

Hey now, T3 wasn't TERRIBLE! the only issue I had with it was the downward ratchet on the restraint towards the end of the ride 

I have wondered how T3 would be with the new trains from Vekoma that have vest restraints.  Good SLC coasters do exist, Thunderhawk at Michigans Adventure for instance.  

But the vest restraints are very comfortable, go ride the Great Nor’Easter at Morey’s Piers.  The only SLC I got in line for over and over again, I lost count of how many times I rode it, it’s really good.  The vests combined with the track work produced an incredibly smooth ride.  Made me realize it is not really the layout that is the problem with SLC coasters.

For me, pretty much any sort of positive G would staple me with the restraint design.  Honestly, I'd rather of had the original Vekoma stock as I'm more used to bracing with them having ridden Invertigo a lot.  

If Vekoma could put the vest restraints they've been adding to their sit down looping coasters/Boomerangs (see Hershey's and Carowinds' Boomerangs) to their SLC stock, then we'd have a winner.  I actually like the SLC cloned layout, I think Thunderhawk at MIA is actually pretty good, and that's despite it being relocated.