Kentucky Kingdom

I was down at the fairgrounds this past weekend doing the antique thing... The park looks to be in better shape and not so much of an eye sore. But just from peering from the parking lot, it still looks like it has a ways to go. Also, not much in the park really grabs your attention that says, Come spend money here...

• Like 7

it sucks that none are in the us ;(

The closest thing is SKYRUSH, These would be very economical for smaller parks to put maximum thrills in a small footprint and be around 3000' long.

^ Maybe he should be a Inatmin Sales Rep.

KK has a height limit, a mega lite is unique and would be economical.

Why the hate?

• Like 5

it sucks that none are in the us ;(

The closest thing is SKYRUSH, These would be very economical for smaller parks to put maximum thrills in a small footprint and be around 3000' long.

^ Maybe he should be a Inatmin Sales Rep.

KK has a height limit, a mega lite is unique and would be economical.

Why the hate?

Where this coaster is supposed to go is where Greezed Lightin was once located. This is the only area of the park where a ride can reach no higher than 200ft.

I think I said this but Greezed Lighting station is going to be used for the new coaster.

• Like 1

YS, out of all, which are many, of the Intamin posts I have ever seen you make, these are by far the best of your posts. I can see sides to this idea, a ML could fit in the area, but at well you could get an other kind of coaster. I would hope for a Inta-Win coaster for the area and not be a break down in progress.

• Like 8

Hmm...a Mega Lite at Kentucky Kingdom...hey, that could work. And as elyk just said, there are none in the US- hello, easy marketing- "Insert Ride Name Here @ Kentucky Kingdom, the USA's only Mega-Lite Coaster!" (though Intimidator 305 is kind of a "Giga Lite" coaster in a way, and SkyRush is also somewhat similar as YoungStud mentioned). While I don't think it would "steal" the announcements for 2014 (Mega-Lites would not wow on paper, and it's a ride in a small park- stuff added at Kings Island or SFGam pretty much automatically will get more attention) it could pull a major upset when the 2014 coaster polls are released by beating all the new larger coasters, and it would attract hardcore coaster enthusiasts who have been wanting to ride a Mega-Lite, but haven't been able to go out-of-country to ride one. And if the rest of the park is run well (Clean, Friendly, Efficent- Ed Hart, this is very important stuff!), Enthusiasts and the Local Louisville market will talk about it...thus attracting more people to the park, along with the large 2015 supposed-to-be-a-B&M coaster and the re-opening of T2 and whatever Twisted Twins turns into in 2016. If Ed Hart does this right, by then, KK will be in great shape.

I'm kind of pulling for a Mega-Lite now. For around $7 million, nothing else seems to be able to compete with that. Also, I had a crazy idea...the park has suggested they want to add a Star Flyer, and this section of the park is the only spot they can go 200 feet...200' star flyer in middle of a Mega-Lite? :P

• Like 5

Are you sure that is the only place that cannot go higher than 200'?

Well...The water park expansion is taken up the other area of space where Chang once stood. That area can also reach 200ft.

It all depends on the direction of the plane road ways from the airport. The further areas of the park are away from them the higher rides can be.

Not just the Louisville market, but the NKY area, even into SI, the market is good for a new theme park in the Bluegrass State (AKA Burgoo Country) and it could put some great seeds out for new theme parks around KY in general.