Kentucky Kingdom

Comparing KK press to KI press is futile... apples and oranges. Just like comparing parks... it's the difference of a local park vs regional park. Totally different scale, totally different standards level, totally different talent base, totally different quality.

Shaggy

Totally different futures.

Compare Kentucky Kingdom to Holiday World, then.

• Like 4

I don't know if I would be talking about how lucky they was about being able to open the park last year, and then have the same feelings again this year about opening day. Its like they just barely made it, and are just barely making it this year... I think he could have said it different, not like this, giving the impression like 'well we did the best we could, here you go'....

• Like 7

I can't get over the fact that they had a screen capture of a webpage printed on laminate rather than simply displaying the web page on screen. The camera then zooms in on the printed page to reveal how pixelated it is while the gentleman holding it moves it. 10 parks to visit in 2015... "We're in some great company..." the company of "Magic Mountains out in California, and so forth."

• Like 10

^ Agreed.

But it seems to me like people here want to see them stop doing the dumb things they're doing so that the park can succeed. There are certainly better ways to handle PR. There are smarter decisions that could be made regarding policies, new rides, etc. I doubt many people here WANT to see the park fail. But the way things are going, it may be likely.

• Like 8

The article seems to be more of a "10 parks to visit because they're opening big new attractions this year" guide. With Holiday World also being on that list (and being mentioned in the intro to the article - alongside a picture of Kentucky Kingdom for some reason), it's not really "good company"... http://www.fodors.com/news/photos/10-best-amusement-parks-for-2015

The presentation was terrible as well - the screenshot of a website, "Thunder Run", the "I think we're coming up to the part here where we show you the new rides...".

idk why people give this park so much crap, they do need some help but at least support the park, i do not like seeing parks abandon/forgotten about

To be honest it's hard not to criticize the way things are being done. Ed Hart has done this before, yet watching things you'd think the people running the park had no clue what they were doing (Ed included).

• Like 9

I'd have no issue if this were a privately funded venture and Ed Hart was truly putting his money where his mouth and ego are, but the fact that its being funded by taxpayer dollars is a huge turn off for me. I won't support Kentucky Kingdom in its current set up.

• Like 6

I can't get over the fact that they had a screen capture of a webpage printed on laminate rather than simply displaying the web page on screen. The camera then zooms in on the printed page to reveal how pixelated it is while the gentleman holding it moves it. 10 parks to visit in 2015... "We're in some great company..." the company of "Magic Mountains out in California, and so forth."

I loved the "Magic Mountains" part as well as the male anchor coughing up a lung like he just doesn't care. "Hey this segment is already crap, let me clear my throat." Just an awesome overall news segment.

• Like 8

That's what I was wondering too.. Isn't there any better news stations to get time on in Louisville, to talk about your new rides KK?? I would want to be on the best station's, not the worst. The seating arrangements for both the guest and the host's was like they was all pushed together and could barely move!

• Like 3

Kentucky Kingdom made a public announcement in September of there major newest additions. Through the off season they decided to add two new family rides and a new movie in the 5D theatre. I do not understand why you guys are having a fit about this. That news interview posted in this thread earlier was just an interview for a local morning show in Louisville. The park has also went to other stations to share the news of the new rides and the parks opening date. What is the big deal?