Kentucky Kingdom

Each varied depending on how far the location was from the park (the further out, the cheaper) and the date of purchase.

So.. If one were to buy a ticket from Fry's Food and Drug in remote Flagstaff, Arizona, would the ticket acquirer be paid to take the tickets? ;)

• Like 3

I should probably clarify for those who don't know. The Kroger Co. has largely chosen to expand into new markets by acquiring regional grocery chains, keeping their own unique identity as a division thereof, as well as branding while integrating a lot of product selection, store design, marketing, etc. Kansas has Dillons. California has Ralphs.

Fry's Food and Drug is another such division of The Kroger Co. While founded in California, it seems as though they operate solely in Arizona at this point in time.

Imagine walking into a store that, at least on the inside, looks just like your standard Kroger.. Except you keep seeing this logo and hearing these announcement mentioning Fry's. Trippy.

• Like 7

I should probably clarify for those who don't know. The Kroger Co. has largely chosen to expand into new markets by acquiring regional grocery chains, keeping th, Ieir own unique identity as a division thereof, as well as branding while integrating a lot of product selection, store design, marketing, etc. Kansas has Dillons. California has Ralphs.

Fry's Food and Drug is another such division of The Kroger Co. While founded in California, it seems as though they operate solely in Arizona at this point in time.

Imagine walking into a store that, at least on the inside, looks just like your standard Kroger.. Except you keep seeing this logo and hearing these announcement mentioning Fry's. Trippy.

Having lived in Idaho but having grown up in Kentucky, imagine my joy when I first saw a Kroger brand in a Smiths Food and Drug Store (Smiths had been acquired by Fred Meyer, which had been acquired by Kroger). There was also a very nice Fred Meyer store in town, and now, having come full circle, I enjoy the nostalgia of Fred Meyer when I visit a Kroger Marketplace...although the KroMar is much smaller and more pared down than FM was.

• Like 2

Indeed I do have a roll of Kroger-branded aluminum foil acquired from Fry's somewhere around here.. I have no idea how they choose which products to use the unified Kroger brand (such as the foil) versus the regional chain's brand (such as water bottles). There must be some logic there.

Stores of The Kroger Co. and its subsidiaries, just like competitors such as Meijer and Walmart (formerly known as Wal-Mart), do also vary in size based on market size. Some markets do not justify more than a small store, while others receive massive "super centers". For its part, Kroger seems to be venturing more and more into larger stores over time.

Take, for example, a store in town that started off in a small building attached to a K-Mart. They outgrew it and built a new building right across the parking lot. Well, apparently even that was no longer enough as they tore down the (former) K-Mart and what had become a Big Lots to build an even bigger store. The two new stores, built from the ground up, were completed within the past 10-15 years. Granted, they did close down a second store in a strip mall in a neighboring town, so maybe they wanted to combine the two.

But, alas, this is all completely divergent from the topic of Kentucky Kingdom. :)

• Like 3

Or not:

* Continued capital investment.

* Value. Integrated branding and messaging.

* Product selection and facilities tailored for the market.

* Superb management.

* Driving stock value by driving customer value, including with perhaps the Nation's best loyalty program.

I guess you ARE right. This is completely divergent from the topic of Kentucky Kingdom.

• Like 3

So let's try this instead of *****footing around the information I'm looking for.

To anyone that went to KK last year and bought a single day ticket where did you buy and how much did you spend?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: interesting I never knew that word to be offense.

• Like 2

Pricing is pretty ridiculous. It would cost almost the same price for one day as it does for a season pass.

From what I hear, day ticket pricing may be increasing, with season passes doing likewise.

My 2015 Six Flags gold pass cost way less than a day at Great Adventure's admission, NOT including parking. Parking for all Six Flags parks is included with that pass...

• Like 3

I'd recommend not spending as much time on this thread, if you feel annoyed enough to post about it.......

There are many other threads that you might not find quite as "annoying" but personally, I think this thread has been a great place for discussion about the Kingdom over the past few years.

And I'd recommend you not worry about what I post. Have a nice day.

Anyway I won't waste my time or money on Kentucky Kingdom as i do not value that park at $40 for a day if that's indeed what pricing is when it comes out.

• Like 2

I'd recommend not spending as much time on this thread, if you feel annoyed enough to post about it.......

There are many other threads that you might not find quite as "annoying" but personally, I think this thread has been a great place for discussion about the Kingdom over the past few years.

Anyway I won't waste my time or money on Kentucky Kingdom as i do not value that park at $40 for a day if that's indeed what pricing is when it comes out.

That is pretty much the same reason why I did not visit the park last year.

• Like 1

Sorry I offended you, it wasn't my intention.

But thanks anyway, I suppose I'll have a nice day. :)

• Like 4