Kentucky Kingdom

I'm looking at the source code of the home page of the site. For one, they have a syntax error on line 5. For another, why in the world are they blocking search engine crawlers? Line 12 has a noindex directive, and their robots.txt is literally blocking everything. And a Google search for the park's name returns a link to the site with the text "A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt".

My head hurts.

• Like 7

I cannot emphasize enough, if you want to go to Kentucky Kingdom next year, you need to go this year. There are no guarantees. Sit on your wallet and don't go this year, there may never be a Twisted Twins to ride next.

If Kentucky Kingdom's last season was 2015 and the state sold off the rides, I wonder if Cedar Fair would purchase any of their rides? Perhaps for Kings Island?

They did that with X-Flight. Now called Firehawk.

• Like 1

I can't quite tell, but looking at their map, it appears that one of the new attractions will be reusing Superman's old pad. Presumably Flutterfly, as the others are all clearly accounted for.

For their sake, I REALLY hope the ride's structure doesn't appear too... tower-like...

I believe FlutterFly is taking the place of the balloon ride that was there last year that was similar to the the new Up, Up and Away. They also removed the race car themed kiddie whip. I wonder what they are doing with these rides, for sale, storage?

• Like 3

You've got to love that they copy-pasted the official description of their new Wizard of Oz 5-D experience from whichever vendor they purchased it from:

The Wizard of Oz comes alive as never before in this amazing 12 minute 5-D experience. With digital 3-D and state-of-the-art special effects including wind, lighting, and many surprises, this beloved classic becomes a modern 5-D adventure as the infamous tornado carries you to the magical Land of Oz. JoinDorothy and her friends, Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion as they battle the Wicked Witch on their epic journey to the Emerald City. Audiences nationwide will be thrilled by The Wizard of Oz 4-D Experience.

Nationwide? Or at Kentucky Kingdom? And is it 4-D or 5-D?  :wacko: Just little things like that that really show how fly-by-night this whole operation feels.

• Like 11

Public relations is a much-needed career field. Unfortunately a lot of companies don't want to invest in them.

Just having someone to accurately update the content of the website, make policies known, and handle incidents with grace and integrity would be very helpful to them. Someone who does JUST THAT, and doesn't have to worry about a hundred other things.

• Like 5

I believe FlutterFly is taking the place of the balloon ride that was there last year that was similar to the the new Up, Up and Away. They also removed the race car themed kiddie whip. I wonder what they are doing with these rides, for sale, storage?

My best guess would be storage......

.....And then if they are still open in a few years, they can slowly bring them back and brand them as NEW rides!!!

.....Well..... :P:lol:-_-:wacko::unsure:

• Like 2

Wasn't admission at about 600,000 this past year? And they are shooting for more than a million this year. A 400,000 guest increase? I'm curious as to how they are going to get there. 

I don't see the logic of advertising $79.95 season passes at Kroger, yet charging $59.95.  I mean, yes I did buy it at this price and I am not complaining, but if you are trying to push sales, why advertise it for more than the actual price?  I wonder how much of a take Kroger gets?  And finally, this fascinates me....I had read that Kings Dominion was a joint venture between Taft Broadcasting and Kroger.  Neither is the same company anymore, but now Kroger is selling competitor passes againa former partner (sort of!)  Did Kroger ever have an financial interest in Kings Island as well?

• Like 2

Kroger is a supermarket chain. Why would it have business ties to an amusement park other than as a ticket vendor?

Imagine the product placement opportunities: "Big K, the official soft drink of Kings Dominion!" or "Potato Works, topped with Nice-N-Cheesy, only at Kings Dominion!"  They could have had live shows with the Scissor Ladies.  I think they would have had problems integrating the Cost Cutter brand, however.

• Like 2