Kentucky Kingdom

Wait...couldn't even buy a ticket to get in the park? WOW...that's...that's bad.

I don't think you blame KK themselves alone for how un-crowded it is though- Holiday World looks dead as well based on the Thunderbird webcam (no huge line or masses of people leaving the ride- strange considering it is a brand-new coaster and its debut is today, and it's clearly running) and ditto for Kings Island (Diamondback's line is only at the stairs, but I couldn't see Banshee's since that webcam is covered in rain). Horrible weather today is keeping people away I assume.

• Like 4

Here's what you're missing, Terp.

Still no wheelchair access at Swampwater Jack's. Food portions have gotten smaller, and prices remained the same (you now get one slice of pizza, last year you got 2). 2 of the 8 new rides are not even on the property that I can see. Another 3 are not operating. First song I heard upon entering the park was "Legs" by ZZ Top (REALLY, NOW?). One train running on Lightning Run. Other is not on the transfer, so it may be gone. Wizard of Oz 5D barely utilizes the moving seats. Rio was better. Heck, the Dinosaur movie at KI was better.

T3 in person looks a lot less awful than in photos.

• Like 12

They have to start somewhere! That's at least 25 visitors, now just 649,975 left to go!

And I will not be entering the park. Apparently. Three clerks tried three separate times to process a credit card transaction. Apparently it was too difficult for them. When they asked for my credit card a FOURTH time, I declined. "Can you assure me I won't be charged?". "Well, it didn't work." Maybe.

I went to my car and got the parking receipt. Went to "Guest Relations." "We will get you a ticket." Nope. They wanted to try it again with the same people. I asked for a parking refund.

They called security.

Guest Relations.

REALLY?

I'm on my way to Taco Tico.

Good Luck, Kentucky Kingdom.

You are going to need it.

Sounds like 649,976 visitors now... unless Terp counts as 4 visits, then its 649,971....

Why not just buy a season pass? FYI most parks in our region are dead today.

Sorry our tickets dont work, spend more for a season pass...

Wait...couldn't even buy a ticket to get in the park? WOW...that's...that's bad.

I don't think you blame KK themselves alone for how un-crowded it is though- Holiday World looks dead as well based on the Thunderbird webcam (no huge line or masses of people leaving the ride- strange considering it is a brand-new coaster and its debut is today, and it's clearly running) and ditto for Kings Island (Diamondback's line is only at the stairs, but I couldn't see Banshee's since that webcam is covered in rain). Horrible weather today is keeping people away I assume.

Frost warnings, heavy rains, and 50 degree temps... brutal....

Here's what you're missing, Terp.

Still no wheelchair access at Swampwater Jack's. Food portions have gotten smaller, and prices remained the same (you now get one slice of pizza, last year you got 2). 3 of the 8 new rides are not even on the property that I can see. Another 3 are not operating. First song I heard upon entering the park was "Legs" by ZZ Top (REALLY, NOW?). One train running on Lightning Run. Other is not on the transfer, so it may be gone. Wizard of Oz 5D barely utilizes the moving seats. Rio was better. Heck, the Dinosaur movie at KI was better.

T3 in person looks a lot less awful than in photos.

Soooo how are the other 2 new rides?

• Like 3

Your visiting Kentucky Kingdom today, when the rain is pouring. T2 is closed as well as several other new attractions. Going today IMO is just ignorant and a waste of money. I really don't understand why you would but a general daily admission ticket at the gate. Why not get a pass and visit today and in the summer when the park is in full operation? But that is just my opinion. 

General Admission: $49.99 + $8 parking

Season Pass: $79.99 + Free Parking + Unlimited Visits + Discounted Food + Dollar Drinks

• Like 1

Nope. Stopped at Carrollton, Kentucky Kroger on the way in. $84-something. $79.95 plus sales tax....

I TRIED to buy one. It wouldn't go through.

Ah Carrollton..That is my hometown...The passes are being advertised down in Georgetown at Kroger for $59.95. The sign was posted right on the front door. 

• Like 7

Your visiting Kentucky Kingdom today, when the rain is pouring. T2 is closed as well as several other new attractions. Going today IMO is just ignorant and a waste of money. I really don't understand why you would but a general daily admission ticket at the gate. Why not get a pass and visit today and in the summer when the park is in full operation? But that is just my opinion. 

General Admission: $49.99 + $8 parking

Season Pass: $79.99 + Free Parking + Unlimited Visits + Discounted Food + Dollar Drinks

you're***

Also, yelling at people for visiting your favorite park doesnt always go over very well.....

• Like 11

you're***

Also, yelling at people for visiting your favorite park doesnt always go over very well.....

Yelling is when you are positing in a message in all caps. I was actually responded with a clueless look on my face. I am a man who loves to save money and knows common sense. 

So you are saying the park shouldn't be open?

I live in DC. I was here today.

I probably won't be back this year.

So do you plan on visiting HW too? Your visit just sounds fishy. You travel to Louisville from DC just to go to Kentucky Kingdom? While Holiday World just opens Thunderbird?

I was going to KK tomorrow, but then KI anounced the Super Hero Sunday so I changed my plans. Then KI cancels Super Hero Sunday so I briefly considered KK again but after seeing what rides aren't ready yet I will wait a few weeks and stick KI. Life is full of compromises and changed plans.  

• Like 6

And Thunder Run is down because the station brakes won't release...

Yep, going to Santa Claus now.

- Homestar92, one of KIC's biggest advocates for Hartland...

It's probably a good thing it is raining and the crowds are light...Opening day gremlins can really hurt when there aren't many coasters up and running to begin with. 

• Like 3

Yelling is when you are positing in a message in all caps. I was actually responded with a clueless look on my face. I am a man who loves to save money and knows common sense.

So do you plan on visiting HW too? Your visit just sounds fishy. You travel to Louisville from DC just to go to Kentucky Kingdom? While Holiday World just opens Thunderbird?

If you read threads other than this one, which you obviously do not, you'd know that:

A. I'm on my way back from teaching a class in Alabama. I went to Kings Island last night. What's fishy?

B. I won't be going to Holiday World anytime soon. I had tea in Alabama with the matriarch, during the daughter-in-law's media day.

I'll be in other parks later today and tomorrow.

• Like 17

If you read threads other than this one, which you obviously do not, you'd know that:

A. I'm on my way back from teaching a class in Alabama. I went to Kings Island last night. What's fishy?

B. I won't be going to Holiday World anytime soon. I had tea in Alabama with the matriarch, during the daughter-in-law's media day.

He obviously doesnt want you supporting KK... 

Kind of how KK doesnt want people who feed children, in wheel chairs, like rides, enjoy themselves......

• Like 8

How is Pat? She looks great in Dan's Facebook pics. 

• Like 1

The fact that they're having so many problems on a slow opening day doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the season. KK had a lot more time to prepare than KI did (KI's off-season was barely 5 1/2 months, while KK's was closer to 7 due to not being open past mid-September) and yet they're having issues that shouldn't pop up at all. The station brakes issue I can understand as random glitches are prone to happen, but attempting to retry the same card when it's already failed to go through 3 times, then calling security when you tell them you want your parking fee refunded? If anything you'd think they would want to be more cautious on opening day until they get the routine down.

I'm still debating whether a trip to KK is in order on the way back from Holiwood Nights next month. As much as I'd love to stop by (since we'll be going right by there on the way home anyway), I'm not sure I want to deal with the incompetence they've shown thus far.

• Like 7

The fact that they're having so many problems on a slow opening day doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the season. KK had a lot more time to prepare than KI did (KI's off-season was barely 5 1/2 months, while KK's was closer to 7 due to not being open past mid-September) and yet they're having issues that shouldn't pop up at all. The station brakes issue I can understand as random glitches are prone to happen, but attempting to retry the same card when it's already failed to go through 3 times, then calling security when you tell them you want your parking fee refunded? If anything you'd think they would want to be more cautious on opening day until they get the routine down.

I'm still debating whether a trip to KK is in order on the way back from Holiwood Nights next month. As much as I'd love to stop by (since we'll be going right by there on the way home anyway), I'm not sure I want to deal with the incompetence they've shown thus far.

It would be worth it for the two Runs. All other things aside they have to really good coasters... and coming soon and SLC

• Like 2