Kentucky Kingdom

Pricing inconsistent for same product throughout park. Pizza at Swampwater Jacks is 5.09. At the stand by Thunder Run it's 6.79. Those prices reflect a 20% discount with a season pass.

EDIT: Maybe not. Posted calorie count is higher at the Thunder Run stand. Perhaps those portions are larger.

• Like 2

540 calories at Thunder Run. ~350 at Swampwater (don't remember the exact number and currently en route to front gate to check there). Casa Mia (front gate) same as Thunder Run and same price.

Calorie counts are for pepperoni. Prices for Cheese and Pesto Mia pizza are the same as pepperoni at all locations.

• Like 2

Good news, I'm still allowed in! And glasses straps are no longer $5. Now $1.59.

When I was there last week they were both prices.

Essentially they were the same except on had a quarter size KK logo and the other had a logo the ran across the whole back.

• Like 3

The only out of state plate I've seen is an Ohio one, and it's mine...

Heh..  I keep seeing the same out-of-state plate at Cedar Point, Kings Island, and even Knott's Berry Farm.

Then I realize it's mine..

• Like 4

I will admit I'm starting to kind of change my mind a bit on whether to go or not.  I know I've pretty much grounded myself in not wanting to support the park, but I'm also a bit intrigued by this park as well.  I do see that despite the upper management issues, they do alright (in the most basic interpretation of the word 'alright').  

I may contemplate a visit by the end of the summer out of sheer curiosity.  Also, Terp's praising of Thunder Run is starting to become an itch I need to scratch. ;)

• Like 3

I was at the park Sunday with my family. One of the ride Ops on the Raging Rapids told another guest in my boat that the T3 delay was due to the "Train getting stuck in the loop with the water dummies"...I assume he meant it it valleyed. He may in fact be as reliable as the Dippin' Dots guy but I guess it could also explain the lack of a second train on the tracks, gotta get the first one through the course before we add a second.  What would you do in that case? faster wheels? add weight? I also thought I saw a section of track missing from TT last weekend from the top of MHF but with no picture I did not want to mention it. I could not see it from the ground so there was no way to prove it. 

• Like 4