Kentucky Kingdom

That is a great point Terp! Just a candid observation but in my line of work, I've noticed an increase in snow days in the last few years. Some schools that would never call a snow day, are doing so. It makes it harder for the teachers as they have so much to teach their students before the testing window starts.

Also, by shifting the calender forward, they can still end in May if there are a ton of snow days to make up. Districts can pad their calender to make sure they have enough days/hours of instruction even if there are several snow days.

• Like 2

WMAJrKY - with the time you posted, it looks as though you were leaving as I was arriving.

The crowds were very light the entire day. Everything, except T3, was a 1-2 cycle wait. Cleanliness from my eyes still leaves a bit to be desired - restrooms were dirty and looked as though need a good scrub down - as well as still trash in the ride areas.

While most staff was friendly, it was very odd to see a few with their cell phones. Saw a safety/police officer walking around with a mouth full of chew and a cup...blech. A bit surprised that it was allowed while working. The two groups of ride ops at Skycatcher were the friendliest and highest energy I had seen all day.

As for the kid at T3, he continued for about 5 more minutes and it stopped quickly when a supervisor came up. I did stop at guest services to say something. The girl was a bit surprised but a guy walked up and told her that she knew who it was. Apparently, from what she said, the kid is a regular and most of the ride ops around the park will let him talk in the mic for a sentence or two. Here is my thought. This kid's enthusiasm is great! He clearly spends a lot of time roaming the park (not sure if there were adults with him as he was alone on the platform). The ride ops were getting a kick out of him. However, as a guest in the park, that was not a positive experience. I can see people wondering about the ride ops attention to the ride. And if that was my solo experience at the park, that wouldn't encourage me to return. Based on the guest services response, this is the norm. If that is really the case, I'm good with today being my last visit to KK.

Edited for spelling and swapped words. Someone is a bit too tired to type coherently.

Just kind of amazed that this is the norm.  Would KI, CP, HW allow a guest to hijack the mic on a ride?  Also the mic while used for normal ride spiel is a safety device to notify all ride ops and guests that the ride is clear for dispatch or to recheck a certain seat/row.  Do they let guests dispatch trains as well?  For a park who has a shaky safety record this blows my mind, what if there is a ride accident while this kid is on the mic?  Opening yourself up to this kind of liability is plain dumb, must be a Hart.

• Like 10

Yeah I don't understand the no Halloween thing. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Hellevator debut during Halloween season in 95?

I would love to know why this isn't being done during the second reign so to speak.

Rode T3 again yesterday. Those restraints are the key to making that SLC doable. Thunder good as usual. Skipped lightning due to 1 train operation and queue spilling out onto the midway. That was a little after noon. I hope that second train was transferred on at some point.

• Like 6

Oh, puh-leez.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sponsor-story/kentucky-kingdom/2015/08/05/kentuckykingdom/31124217/

A six year old with such a writing style.

Even the 14 year old's is preposterous.

If you are going to make up crap, at least make it believable.

Actually my 7 year old has a similar if not identical writing style to the six year old.
  • Like 3

For 2015 they did add an alternate route for disabled guests to get to the back of the park. They can now use the former employee only crossing that connects from near the Enterprise across the road to the back of the park. There is a crossing guard stationed there as well. It's not the most ideal situation but given the layout of the park isn't all that bad. 

That's NOT what disabled friends have told me. Said guard was reportedly ONLY allowing wheelchair bound guests to use that route IF they were in a wheelchair rented from the park, not in their own. When the guests complained at so called Guest Services, they were told that is indeed park policy.

Shameful.

And greedy.

• Like 5

I've contacted both campaigns-Democrat and Republican.  The Democratic camp has not responded.  The Republican camp took three weeks to respond.  The response was to the effect of: "Matt Bevin does not have a specific stance regarding the this issue but does support business and tax equity for all Kentuckians."

Of course, this was done to probe candidates support or non support of Kentucky Kingdom.  Even if the elected official did not support the tax incentives that are legally in place, I don't see how they could change something that was done legally.

• Like 1

The response you received is far from being supportive....there IS a campaign going on.

I didn't intend to imply support.  I was surprised to get a response, so I will have to give the campaign props for that.

Interesting to note as well, that since I posed this question, I am now getting robo emails wanting donations.  They appear to come from the candidate himself-"sent from my iPhone" mentioning my name specifically.  Reminds me of some children's books my parents got me as a 6 year old that had my name mentioned specifically. 

(It's politics and any correspondence with the campaigns would prompt me to be added to a fundraising database.  I just think it's funny but disturbing that these people would think that voters would think the candidate would generate an email from his iPhone to some unknown voter.

• Like 5

I've never understood why anyone using a mobile device for professional email would include "Sent from my <device>" in the email to begin with. I have no problem with them using such devices, but "sent from my <device>" looks unprofessional and almost lazy.

• Like 8