Kentucky Kingdom

TombRaiderFTW, I read that somewhere to, but I can't remember where.  It had something to do with lessons learned from Twisted Colossus--the maintenance crews had to remove paint from the wheels nightly.

calakapepe, a guess here--maybe since there will not be as much wear on the lift, they did not take the time to not paint the strip?  Not being a coaster expert, I am just thinking about the distance, but the time is a factor as well.

• Like 3

Speaking of PR/hype:  For those of you who were around when Ed Hart first built up the park, how did he promote it?  LIke it is being promoted this incarnation?

I was raised here in KY, and the park always seemed to be not that big of a deal.  I don't remember any of the early 90's with the park.

Then again, I don't really remember any of the KI ads, except the one for The Beast when I was very young.  I used to stay up way past my bedtime to watch late night TV and the commercial always scared me.

• Like 1

Good.

It'd be nice to have faster capacity all around, with Lightning Run at 800 pph (rcdb), T3 supposedly getting its 2nd train..

I think Thunder Run will still only have 1 train, unfortunately.

To my knowledge, Thunder Run has not ever had more than one train.

I know with certainty that it doesn't have a transfer track. With that in mind, I don't see how they COULD run it with more than one train. Not to mention, the train is often halfway into the station by the time the brakes bring it to a stop. Luckily, it's a short enough ride with a long enough train that one train operation isn't the end of the world. I've only ever been to KK on weekends and I have never waited more than 30 minutes for Thunder Run.

• Like 7

Good.

It'd be nice to have faster capacity all around, with Lightning Run at 800 pph (rcdb), T3 supposedly getting its 2nd train..

I think Thunder Run will still only have 1 train, unfortunately.

To my knowledge, Thunder Run has not ever had more than one train.

I know with certainty that it doesn't have a transfer track. With that in mind, I don't see how they COULD run it with more than one train. Not to mention, the train is often halfway into the station by the time the brakes bring it to a stop. Luckily, it's a short enough ride with a long enough train that one train operation isn't the end of the world. I've only ever been to KK on weekends and I have never waited more than 30 minutes for Thunder Run.

Yeah. I didnt mean to imply that it had a train taken away. I only meant "still" as in it will continue to be one train.

2 trains could be achieved with some modifications to the braking system, I presume.

While talking about Thunder Run.

It's a shame (as long as I dont know the reasoning) that the ride had the second straight section get flattened out so much. Looks like great pops of airtime in the original layout.

• Like 3

No way they are testing according to their Facebook, Irvine Ondrey Engineering just arrived on site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing anything on their Facebook about testing.

Testing can be a multitude of things. It can be as simple as the air gates in the station, to clearance testing to computer control testing, to electrical testing, etc. 

The word testing doesn't necessarily mean trains on track and being sent around for a cycle.

• Like 1

Vortex lover was saying no way are they testing...

I'm now lost.  

It seemed to me that Vortex lover was saying KK on Facebook was saying they are testing Storm Chaser, but disagrees with that since IOE just got onto the worksite. 

I was just sharing, multiple things that could be tested with our without IOE on grounds and not talking about the trains. 

That's how my brain is after dealing with bratty 5th graders all day!

Fifth graders can be a rough crowd. If it makes you feel any better, I once had a small group of 6th graders tell me that I was suspicious and I could be a spy for the government. Their teacher thankfully quickly stopped that line of questioning from the group. I was also simultaneously cheered by 4th graders while booed by 6th graders. Yeah...those were not two of my favorite days of work!

• Like 6

Trains are on site!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Source or Picture? 

KK hasn't shown them yet.

You know, I'm impressed. I think this may be their first New or newly renovated in the case of T3 coaster that will open up on time with the park.

Did Lightning Run not open on open on time? 

Does Thunder Run not count as newly renovated? Idk when if it opened with the park, but I assume it did.

• Like 1