Kentucky Kingdom

If they pay be credit card, asking for a zip code is a violation of the merchant agreement.

In what way? When I use a credit card at the gas pump when traveling, I've often had to enter my ZIP code to authorize the purchase. Online retailers typically require not just your ZIP code, but your full billing address as it appears on your statement in addition to a shipping address. How are either of those different, or are they violating this agreement of which you speak as well?

If they pay be credit card, asking for a zip code is a violation of the merchant agreement.

This is not true.

Merchants are allowed to ask, not require:

2.07 Personal Information.

Merchant as a condition of sale may not impose a requirement on Cardholders to provide any personal information as a condition for honoring Cards unless such information is required to provide delivery of goods or services or Merchant has reason to believe the identity of the person presenting the Card may be different than that of the Cardholder.

http://www.emerchant...t-agreement.pdf

Was checking the rumors and stuff on Screamscape, and they have found an interesting article:

Worth a read, as it gives a bit of insight into what park management is thinking right now...

NOTE: ARTICLE WAS POSTED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD...deleted it...

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120524/NEWS01/305240076/1001/rsslink

Wow this article was hard to read this morning. This was from the Courier Journal Louisville Ky Paper.

Not even a ferris wheel the first year, they did save the flying dutchman.

Two coasters are scrapped?

It sounds like a water park with some flats.

Hope for all the Koch's success this works for them.

I want to wish them the best.

This article was totally different than the tv report a week ago.

Wow!

What is your take?

From the article here are the rides:

When Bluegrass Boardwalk opens, it will do so with “all the existing water park attractions and some of the amusement park rides,” according to a copy of the application obtained by The Courier-Journal. That would include the carousel, the Blizzard River whitewater raft ride, the Flying Dutchman, the Himalaya, Breakdance, six kiddie rides, bumper cars and an antique car ride.

Well, that explains how they were anticipating being open by 2013. It does sound an awful lot like they're not going to do much with Twisted Twins, T2, or Greezed Lightning, though--or, at least, not for a while.

I get the impression that they're trying to rebuild Kentucky Kingdom using the same model that Santa Claus Land (and then Holiday World) started with, only with a full waterpark: run a few smaller rides, and then build up the coaster count as the park gains popularity. If a family's going to do it right, I'd say the Kochs are the best bet... But I can't help but wonder how all those SBNO rides are going to look. Without at least something small that's new, it just feels like they're trying to dress up the attractions the locals already know pretty well as being new. Or are they hoping that the Holiday World "freebies" will be enough to keep the locals coming back?

Just thinking out loud, I guess. It just feels like they're saying "well, it worked at Holiday World for the past 60 years, so it'll work if we just do it the same way at Bluegrass Boardwalk." Maybe that's the case and I don't understand business, but... I don't know. It just feels like a place with the population density of Louisville would require more aggressive actions to keep the people who've seen the almost the exact same things at the park for practically the last decade of Six Flags coming back.

June 1.

Current date by which Kochs can opt out.

August 16. Date the Kochs have asked this be extended to.

Lease in place? No.

Final rides list? No.

Perhaps the Kochs are beginning to realize the Herculean tasks in front of them.

$13 million. Amount Kochs would borrow for first year operation.

Pat Koch. One of the Kochs not a member of this business unit. Smart lady.

• Like 3

People have been saying it all along. There is way too much work to be done to have what they initially promised ready by next summer.

I got to see the place first hand last year. You'd need an army of mechanics and electricians to even get most of those rides in working condition again. On top of that many of the rides need new/refurbed trains with specialties coming from the manufacturer. Even if they did JUST the waterpark, I'd still be skeptical. Pumping out all of that standing water, then cleaning out the pipes, pumping out the nasty water from that and then getting good water put in on top of making sure all your infrastructure works. Not to mention they'd still need to hire and train not only a full time staff, but a seasonal management and associate staff for an operation much larger than Holiday World.

I honestly do hope that they are able to turn this into a first rate park again, but it's not happening next summer.

Pat Koch. One of the Kochs not a member of this business unit. Smart lady.

WHO CARES? SHE'S JUST A ICON!

Many people here that are local to the park are only getting aggravated by the recent news of the park. I don't see the park reaching state requirements without its major rides. "It's all about the rides" -Ed Hart

The state couldn't reach an agreement with Mr. Hart. Why would the Kochs? They can still opt out. I won't be a bit surprised if they do.

And Pat Koch is one of the most brilliant people in the industry. She is an icon AND that. Her non-participation, a position the same as Mr. Hart's by the way, speaks volumes.

I hear your frustration and understand, but this plan is ill conceived, has a high risk of failure and could seriously damage Holiday World as well. I am not even a little bit surprised the wise Pat Koch is not a part owner of the Bluegrass Boardwalk business unit. The Pat Koch I know and respect and admire would not aggressively pursue this business venture. I predict the Kochs will pull out of this soon. Ed Hart did.

• Like 2

Ed Hart didn't pull out, he was basically throw out of the park. This news is still fresh, so no one really knows this recent news. But i'm sure many people are going to cry to BB or Ed Hart to reopen the park on facebook. The park was offered finiacal help from the Snider Company but I don't think the Kochs want it.

BB just posted a new blog

http://bluegrassboardwalk.com/

I'm curious as to how they expect to get 150,000 visitors from out of state.

Plenty of people from New Albany and surrounding cities in Indiana. Takes 10 minutes to get there from my cousin's house in New Albany, Indiana.

Hart and the fair board: it takes two sides to agree. An agreement wasn't reached.

Kochs and the fair board: Kochs can pull out until June 1. They want this extended to August 16. If it isn't, watch for them to pull out now. If it is, they could still pull out. Obviously, the Kochs are having some heavy duty second thoughts.

it takes two sides to agree. An agreement wasn't reached.

Kochs and the fair board: Kochs can pull out until June 1. They want this extended to August 16. If it isn't, watch for them to pull out now. If it is, they could still pull out. Obviously, the Kochs are having some heavy duty second thoughts.

Hopefully they do pull out... that would be great news at HWN on Friday during the initial meeting.

Terp I really think its only you and I that can see right through this...

I saw another comment from someone that went roughly like this: Opening a theme park as a water park only the first year is like opening a steakhouse only to sell hamburgers and fries. And if they do well with the hamburgers and fries then they will sell t-bones and rib-eyes in the coming years...

This article says the opt out deadline gas been extended until August:

http://www.wfpl.org/2012/05/25/bluegrass-boardwalk-could-delay-opening-until-2014/

And here it is said EITHER party has until August 16 and that the whole plan could still fall through though the Koch family "appears" to be working hard to avoid that. That's the word the article uses:

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Bluegrass-Boardwalk-opening-could-be-delayed-another-year-153878745.html