• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday while I was outside of the fence the site leader from RMC came out and gave us stickers and talked about the industry. That really made my day! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Here's my best shot from media day... needless to say, I think this is the picture most coaster nerds will try to get...  LOL!  (Please do not re-post or use this, or any of my pictures without my per

Back to the topic at hand... I got sneaky and took some pics while at the Fairgrounds this weekend... Enjoy!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

They already have the newest trains for t3

The current trains that they have are from a third party company called KumbaK and not Vekoma. 

Vekoma has official trains with vests now, I remember reading about a park in Europe getting them for their SLC in 2021, not sure when they became available so not sure if any SLC is running them, but from what I have seen they look comfortable.

I would not be surprised to see the park get the official trains from Vekoma, and could easily see them rename the coaster at the same time to go from T3 to T4.

But like...what is the purpose in replacing 3-4 year old trains?  Unless Vekoma is giving them for free I highly highly doubt they’d pay to replace already new trains 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 1:52 AM, FoF96" said:

But like...what is the purpose in replacing 3-4 year old trains?  Unless Vekoma is giving them for free I highly highly doubt they’d pay to replace already new trains 

Yep... and that would be a HUGE investment for a park like that. 

What was the T4 train receiving for Keys to the Kingdom? 

13 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

There is no T4 or new trains. It's been one giant troll all year.

Weird. They had something on their agenda so I figured something was going on. Not T4, obviously, but something. 

I have no idea how their financial have done this year, but they certainly did seem to take advantage of every day they could open.

Risky to offer a deal to "new" 2020 passholders that is only good for this year while others who bought before Memorial Day get 2021 included.  But then they lowered the 2021 price by $10.  Tey can be much more nimble that a park having a corporate structure.

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Weird. They had something on their agenda so I figured something was going on. Not T4, obviously, but something. 

I was there. It was a binder labeled T4 with nothing in it and a fake blueprint that had the red T3 and a mirrored T4 in blue photo shopped beside it.

5 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

You mean the massive amounts of land clearing??

The only things I saw were outside the traditional park boundary, and that really wasn't clearing, it was earth moving.  Somebody said that it might be for a parking lot, but I can't remember who or the validity.

Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

The only things I saw were outside the traditional park boundary, and that really wasn't clearing, it was earth moving.  Somebody said that it might be for a parking lot, but I can't remember who or the validity.

I didn’t see any sort of construction activity at KTTK, let alone any major land clearing. My comment was drenched in sarcasm :ph34r:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

I didn’t see any sort of construction activity at KTTK, let alone any major land clearing. My comment was drenched in sarcasm :ph34r:

I forgot to add--this was in my July visit.  

At KTTK, did you at least uncover anything about leaked plans by the city of Louisville to upgrade water lines in the area? ;)

• Haha 1
On 5/30/2020 at 3:51 AM, purdude86 said:

Agreed a Raptor coaster would be great. And an off the shelf model would probably keep cost down more. It would be an amazing and affordable coaster for a park like KK and their smaller size would also help with the riders per hour.

A raptor would be great. I also think they could get an S&S 4d freespin and a Premier Sky Rocket II. I know this is the Six Flags route but they're compact, affordable coasters. I know Ed Hart doesn't care for launched coasters but I wonder if he'd open to something fron Premier.